[RP]Eva RPG: Phase 2!

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Kiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kiel » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:48 pm

After Kensuke's outburst and Misato's random stint of affection and violence, Dr. Akagi makes her leave.

Ritsuko: "I'll keep you posted major. Your and the pilot's day off might be cut short...oh, and thank you for the drink".

With that, she heads to the door, giving Kaji a look as she leaves.

<OOC: Now things will get interesting 8) ...I've got planning and preping to do for CN Anime today and tomorrow, so I'm going to leave you all to your own devices for a bit. Have fun :lol: >
The Amytiville Toaster

Makes Breakfast Spooky!

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:04 am

Shinji : I won , good game Asuka

Meanwhile Asuka is cursing in German

Shinji: What are u saying???

*Asuka stares at Shinji with an evil look*

Shinji: (cowering) Never mind
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Mr.Guy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Mr.Guy » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:52 pm

Rei just sat there looking out the window, taking everything in while still looking like she wasn't listening. The party seemed to be getting a little out of hand. She didn't like things like this... but her attention was quickly seized when Doctor Akagi burst in and announced the news about the budget, Jet Alone, and new pilots. Though even that didn't have much of an effect in the placid pilot.

OOC: I actually believe that the second Jet Alone is called Jet Alone' (Jet Alone Prime). I have a Newtype magazine of it somewhere... I can probably get some scans as well as specs on it. What do you think Kiel?

Olin of Xephon
Ramiel
Ramiel

Jet Alone Prime.

•      
  •      

Postby Olin of Xephon » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:23 pm

OOC: If that's the same Jet alone, I'm thinking about, it would be really cool to stick it in here, what do you think gamemaster?

Touji and Kesnuke have entered into a somewhat heated discussion about the pros and cons of Eva piloting.

Touji: I'm telling you man, it's not all it's cracked up to be. It really hurts when a starts snacking on your ass.

Kensuke: (grinning) Yeah, but if I'm good enough, I won't have to worry about something like that!

Touji: What are you saying PAL? That I'm some kind of amatuer because the angel tore off my arm?

Kensuke: (grinning)Of course, not, besides touji, it's not like you really lost a arm!

Touji: Tell that to my nerve endings! I'm not kidding man, eva piloting is no
joke. And then there's all the tests. Damn, you have any Idea how much my socail life suffers?

Kensuke: (still grinning) My social life takes place exclusivily around you and Shinji! if we worl togethe, it will be the same, except you guys won't have any secrets to keep from me, man Touji! It's gonna be so AWESOME!

Touji: And I haven't even gotten to the harmonics test yet! You have to go into that one buck naked!

Kensuke: So? Rei and Asuka will be naked to right> what's not to like?

Touji:...

(the third child is running out of excuses, he turns to Hikari)

Touji: Come on, class rep! Talk some sense into this idiot.

Kensuke: (grinning again) She wants to be a eva pilot too.

Touji: What! (turns to back to Hikari) What is he talking about?

OOC: That's a pretty big assumption on my part, choco, feel free to have Hikari deny it, or confirm it.
I asked "And where would you take me?"
At this the beast laughed, tears made of my mother's blood leaked from his eyes.
"I will take you to every place you never wanted to be, and you will hate it."
"Then I will take you to every place you've already been, and you will hate that also."
"Last I will take you to the places you have always dreamed of, and that you'll hate worst of all."

Kiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kiel » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:46 am

<OOC: To all those wondering about JetAlone 2...I've got that issue of Newtype as well 8) So yes, the new model is based off of the one in Eva 2. Now no more spoilers, lest I poke your eyes out with q-tips!>

<I'm sorry, still kinda early in the morning where I'm at. Tired.

I'll have more game for you guys in a couple hours...gives me time to check my game notes... :D >.
The Amytiville Toaster

Makes Breakfast Spooky!

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:33 am

OOC: Shouldn't It be like Halo 5 or somthing now? And I think that the Japanese have school on Saturday anyway...

Hummphh... Jet Alone 2? I remember that thing. Even Baka Shinji here could beat it the first time just how hard could it be to defeat it again? Just let me and Nigouki at it.... :twisted:
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

Kiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kiel » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:00 pm

<OOC: while it's true some schools run on Saturday in Japan, I think that due to the extremely small amount of students remaining in class 2-A and the rest of the Tokyo-3 High School, more class time would seem...inapropriate.>

<OOC: And technically, the X-Box came out after the second impact...so it probably wouldn't even exist... :shock: :cry: Noo...X-Box?>

Anywho, time for some exposition on other matters:

While the pilots (and some adults) continue to enjoy their remaining day off, Gendo Ikari is being grilled by SEELE.

In the darkened room that acts as SEELE's board, six holographic projections take shape around a table. Each projection has a distinct hue to it. The projections of the council of SEELE diliberate on the matter of NERV's faltering budget.

At the head of the table, the visor wearing Kihl angrilly lectures Ikari, who sits across from him:

Kihl: "-And now you tell us the UN is cutting funding?! You know that SEELE alone cannot support the money, time and manpower that it will take to complete our agenda!"

SEELE 1: If you spent more on our goals and less on trivial matters-"

Gendo: "Destroying the Angels is not trivial, it is our duty!"

Kihl: "In any case, Not relying on the UN is unacceptable! You must find a way to sway them to continue support!

SEELE 4: "And what of his connections to SYNAPS?! It is too early in the plan to release the sixth unit!"

Gendo: "You said the same thing when we launched Unit's 03 and the first production model. They've been valuable assets so far".

SEELE 4: ...

Kihl: "Ever since last month there have been more deviations from the projected scenario than ever before!"

Gendo: "It will all work out in the end..."

Kihl: "I pray you're right...Concentrate on finding funding for NERV Ikari, or your place in this council will fall. This meeting is adjurned".

With that, Gendo's holographic selve vanishes, along with two of the other council members. Only Kihl and two others remain.

SEELE 3: "On the subject of money, I believe it would be wise to switch to "sound only" obalisques for the remainder of our meetings".

Kihl: "Why is that?"

SEELE 3: "Well...so we can save some money".

Kihl: "Why should we be concerned with our own expenses?"

SEELE 1: "um...w-well,that way we'll have cab fare home after the end of the world".

Kihl: "hmmmm...excellent sugestion. "Sound Only" from now on! I like it".

(Downtown Tokyo-3)

As construction crews roar through the streets, repairing buildings and clearing away giant, spent shell casings, three NERV employees walk along the sidewalk, making their way past construction vehicles and trendy gift shops.

Makoto: "Can you believe we managed to snag the afternoon off?!"

Aoba: "No more than I can believe that on our fist time off in weeks, we're spending it together".

Maya: "Well, I still feel bad about leaving Sempai alone to work at NERV central..."

Aoba: "ah, you worry too much. She may be a frigid witch, but she's a genius of hard work. She'll be fine".

The three techs, dressed in casual clothes, arrive at their destination.

Aoba: "Ahh...It's beautiful, ain't it?"

Makoto: "You said it. After working non-stop, I've finally got enough to spend a little on myself".

Maya: "Yeah...It'll be good to just tool around and enjoy ourselves, won't it?"

All three nod, as they enter the Yakusoku mall for some quality R&R.

<OOC: Ahhh 8) finally time for some fun...or is it? :shock: >
The Amytiville Toaster

Makes Breakfast Spooky!

Olin of Xephon
Ramiel
Ramiel

Didn't think about that...

•      
  •      

Postby Olin of Xephon » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:02 pm

You really think they'll have Halo 5 out by 2015? Given Bungie's production delays and the second Impact, I'll bet Halo 4 just came out.

But Shinji doesn't have much besides the original Xbox.
He can't aford a NeXtboX 3! Poor Shinji. :cry:

And no, the Japanese do not have school on Saturday, although a lot of games, track meets, and rehersals happen then.

The pilots are taken the day off! School programs be damned! :D
At this the beast laughed, tears made of my mother's blood leaked from his eyes.
"Then I will take you to every place you've already been, and you will hate that also."
"Last I will take you to the places you have always dreamed of, and that you'll hate worst of all."

Kiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kiel » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:07 pm

<OOC: I can't really draw much today, so I'll write instead :D !>

Here's some more exposition and story advancement for you:

Inside the spacious Yakusoku Mall, the three techs find themselves admist a plethora of clothing stores, Jinbo Cho book stores, food stands, specialty shops and, plain to see, the entrance and shuttle to the Nerima department store.

Makoto: "Wow, feels so good to come back to this place after so long!"

Aoba: "That's AC for you. It's so nice and cool in here...almost puts the giant AC units of NERV central to shame!"

Maya: "Well, let's get to it".

All: "YEAH! KAI MONO!!"*

<OOC: Kai mono is Japanese for shopping...I think :) >

Cue Eva soundtrack "Asuka Strikes" :lol:

Makoto walks into a book store and moves directly towards the manga section. He rifles through the graphic novels to the news stand.

Makoto: "Aw, the new Weekly Jump isn't in yet".

Aoba can be seen in the music shop, looking at a catolougue. A poster of Jimi Hendrix adorns the wall next to him.

Aoba: "Oi! When will the new Rickenbackers be in?"

Lastly, Maya is spotted in a trendy clothing store, changing clothes...

< OOC: :oops: tee hee>

Maya: "Geez, everything here is so small! It's like they don't make nice clothes for anyone older than sixteen these days".

Maya's griping is cut short by a loud beeping noise out of her pants pocket.

Maya: "oh, my cell..."

Maya answers the call from NERV central and accepts the news.

Shortly after, the three meet up in the food court.

Maya: "Thank goodness I found you two!"

Makoto: "I know, sorry to be the bearer of bad news-"

Aoba: "You both got the call too?"

Maya and Makoto both nod.

Aoba: "Looks like our day off'll be cut short..."

All three collectively sigh, and make their way towards the exit.
Their work...is never done.

Back at NERV, Ritsuko Akagi rubs a sore head while brooding over a fresh fax.

Ritsuko: "Damn, shouldn't have drank...How does Misato drink as much as she does during the day?"

Kozo Fuyutsuki moves in behind her.

Fuyutsuki: "What's our status?"

Ritsuko: "(sigh) I've called all our personnel in. I was just about to call the major to bring in the pilots when this came in".

She motions towards the fax.

Fuyutsuki: "So they want us to send them out there?"

Ritsuko: "Looks like it. I also recieved word back from the Commander on the Marduk report. The sixth has been decided".

Fuyutsuki: "Oh really? Are they bringing in the next unit from SYNAPS as well?"

Ritsuko: "I believe so...the sixth's training will have to wait until after the demonstration I'm afraid".

The two of them pause...

Ritsuko: "Well, I'll call the major. Better to brief the pilots sooner rather than later".
The Amytiville Toaster

Makes Breakfast Spooky!

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:35 pm

Shinji: why have we been called?

Shinji just looks at Ritokou , confused.
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Olin of Xephon
Ramiel
Ramiel

What the...?

•      
  •      

Postby Olin of Xephon » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:55 pm

Touji: Yeah! What the hell!?

Kiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kiel » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:19 pm

<OOC: Okaly Dokaly. Since CN ANIME is this weekend, I'll be over in Toronto for most of the time, so I'm gonna try to get a big chunk of the game done for you guys.>

(NERV Central)

Ritsuko Akagi brings you all to NERV's briefing room.

Ritsuko: "I'm sorry to cut your day off a bit short, but circumstances have changed."

"The Commander has convinced the UN board that, like before, NERV should be able to prove that it is a better choice than the JetAlone."

"Unfortunately, the UN will no longer accept a demonstration of just what the Evas are capable of...they want to record and compare the efficiency and effectiveness of our pilots!"
The Amytiville Toaster

Makes Breakfast Spooky!

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:37 am

With a shocked look on his face, like he has seen a ghost

Shinji : WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replying to Ritsuko statement

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:19 am

So we have to fight JetAlone????

Kiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kiel » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:10 pm

Alright, I'm back from CN Anime 2004.

:x God...I'm soo exuasted...

After a hot shower, a full meal and about eight hours of sleep, I'll be back in action to continue the game.

Gomen. Sorry about my absence, The con was very long and I haven't really had time to post.
The Amytiville Toaster

Makes Breakfast Spooky!

Olin of Xephon
Ramiel
Ramiel

I don't know about that...

•      
  •      

Postby Olin of Xephon » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:18 pm

(Touji looks from one of his suprised friends to the other before stepping forward with a overly smug expression on his face)

Touji: (smirking) I really don't see that being much of a problem, I mean, what do they think that clunker could do? If you ask me-

Ritsuko: Which I didn't.

Touji: ...I'd say a more fitting proof of strength would come from pitting a Eva or two aginst eachother, but if everybody's afraid of Sony's new nuclear-powered-angel-killer-in-a-box-Jet-Alone, I'd be happy to go up against it.

Kiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kiel » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:57 am

<OOC: okay, I'm all rested up. Sorry again for the inconvenience>

Ritsuko turns to face the pilots once more.

Ritsuko: "While the UN has no problems with the Eva's normal perameter performace, they are more concerned with Eva's more...unusual behavior".

Ritsuko pauses to let her last statement sink in.

Ritsuko: "The UN believes that a weapon that cannot be controlled is only a dissadvantage and at worst...a threat.

"Despite what we've been able to convince them of in the past, many officials believe the Eva's irregular actions may be caused by pilot instability!"

At this moment, the Sub-Commander walks in upon hearring the conversation.

Fuyutsuki: "That is why JetAlone is so appealing to the UN. There is no pilot, only a team of opperators. JetAlone also uses pre-existing technology that most people are familliar with.

"Evangelion is new concept and technology. Changes are hard for many people to accept".

Ritsuko: "The fact of the matter is that you pilots...are essentially our weakest link. If the UN is going to refute our arguments, they'll use you as their counterpoint. If there is any doubt that you are all not able to perform to
their standards...they'll side with JetAlone".

Ritsuko: "So we'll be sending you to the UN head office...for a...(Ritsuko puts on a sarcastic voice) ...Pilot evaluation and trainning test".
The Amytiville Toaster

Makes Breakfast Spooky!

Olin of Xephon
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Olin of Xephon » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:18 am

Touji: So how can we prove we are as stable as they want us to be?

Mr.Guy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Mr.Guy » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:30 pm

Rei stood through all of this, taking it all in and processing it carefully. She then added one comment...

"I do not understand... I believe that we have all been proven to be exceptional in handling the Evas. This test is... most unnessacary."
Last edited by Mr.Guy on Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:36 pm

Shinji : I agree wih Rei , we have proven ourselves.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”