Hidden details in The End of Evangelion.

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Th3Marauder
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Th3Marauder » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:45 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Besides the manga already took care of the Reset-ending, Anno will need something new! :lol:

I'm hoping we'll get our Eva battle in the snow, but I somehow doubt it. I think that's what I like about FINAL right now, is aside from some strange, "what the fuck am I looking at" footage of Eva 02+08 fighting off the new MPE with a sword from freaking ANIMA of all things, we know nothing about it.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:03 pm

Seeing the sorry state of Earth in 3.0, I doubt we will get our Eva fight in the snow unless said battle happens in the poles.

As for the preview, there is so much thing that are completely out place that I wouldn't be surprised is they were all just stock CGI objects used to confuse us and not spoil the designs for FINAL : I mean an army of MP-EVAs who are just a lame palette swap of Mark.06?(why would Gendo use Mark.06 as a template for his army?!)
The Magorox sword from ANIMA?(WILLE seems far too pragmatic and utilitarian in their style to create such a fancy weapon, is a Magorox appears in FINAL, it will probably be closer to the first draft of it made for NGE but finally never used)
And the whole concept of EVA-8+2?(why create that thing if EVA-08 is mostly intact?)

All of this screams "troll preview", just like we never saw the events in the preview for 3.0, instead of that we got events that happened years after what was depicted!
Last edited by ElMariachi on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:15 pm

And maybe because all of this screams troll preview it will be played straight. Just to not make sense.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:04 pm

TOPIC

EVAfacepalm
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EVAfacepalm » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:33 pm

Yeah, the JSSDF actually believed they were the good guys in all of this.

I mean, if they hadn't been manipulated by SEELE, had a ghost's chance of actually stopping anything, and we didn't have the main characters in NERV, those JSSDF Commandos would be the good guys.
According to Seele, Tang is the ultimate form of life. I guess that means the astronauts are committing genocide all the time then.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:34 pm

View Original PostEVAfacepalm wrote:those JSSDF Commandos would be the good guys.

Didn't they slaughter non-combat personnel, and one of them was going to kill a 14-year-old kid because orders?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:55 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Didn't they slaughter non-combat personnel, and one of them was going to kill a 14-year-old kid because orders?

Oh, that's right, take their side.

Let's look at who we're talking about here. An evil occult organization with an army of giant death robots, whose members include:

An alcoholic pedophile

A scientist who maintains robots that feed on children

An evil mastermind

Professor Foreveralone, Lord of the Friendzone

A violent, self absorbed narcissist

An emotionless killing machine with the soul of an ancient god

An unstable, depressed coward who just sexually assaulted a comatose girl

A giant horny brain computer

Hyuga
Let's not forget that they have a secret underground base beneath an ominous black pyramid which is itself contained within another, much larger secret underground base.

Yeah, JSSDF were patting themselves on the back for taking the fight to the bad guys until they started melting.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:49 am

^ :hitthetable:

No lie, that's got to be the hardest I've laughed at anything on EGF.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

EVAfacepalm
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EVAfacepalm » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:28 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Didn't they slaughter non-combat personnel, and one of them was going to kill a 14-year-old kid because orders?

True. But remember, all of the intel they were fed by SEELE said those non-combat personnel were in on Gendo's plan, and said 14-year-old was somehow key to the plan.

Doesn't justify the slaughter, but wouldn't you do the same if you were told it would stop the end of human life?
According to Seele, Tang is the ultimate form of life. I guess that means the astronauts are committing genocide all the time then.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:48 am

View Original PostEVAfacepalm wrote:Doesn't justify the slaughter, but wouldn't you do the same if you were told it would stop the end of human life?

I for one wouldn't, courtesy of not giving a shit about humanity in the first place. :tongue:

No matter their orders, they were still slaughtering noncombatants. "Just following orders" isn't going to cut it as an excuse.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:58 am

It will. If it wasn't for the end of the world soon after, the beaurocratic machine would justify it all with terms like "collateral damage", "acceptable losses", "higher priority", "emergency" etc.

Slaughter is allowed as long as you have good ecxuse. And people who hold power are pretty skilled in finding excuses.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

SimplyMason0
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SimplyMason0 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:00 am

If they were said to be terrorists, then its highly justified. This IS global terrorism, not just country.

Nerv was mostly innocent but the military shouldn't be blamed.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:06 am

Executing non-armed personnel that surrender is a war crime, no matter the circumstances, and many of the NERV personnel wasn't armed and tried to surrender, besides going as far as bringing fucking flamethrowers, a weapon that kills its target in inhuman suffering really hammers the point that they're not supposed to be seen in a sympathetic light.

I wouldn't be surprised if the company that assaulted NERV was some sort of "Shadow Company", a semi-official group made of the most hardened and ruthless members of the army for when the Japanese government needs to have very dirty work done with discretion.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

SimplyMason0
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SimplyMason0 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:10 am

The circumstance are too high for that to count.

Keep in mind, this is THE WHOLE WORLD. Not a country.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:12 am

And why exactly would the Japanese government care about the rest of the world when it's happening right in their own backyard?

In any case, there would be a gigantic PR backlash for the Japanese government if the public were to find out. "NERV was trying to start Third Impact"? Nobody would believe that. The prospect is just too ridiculous. "We have proof"? Where did they get that proof? They can't say it without involving SEELE and refusing to say it will only serve to reveal that they're hiding something, further undermining their PR.

Really, if it weren't for 3I happening for real, the Japanese government were steadily digging themselves into a corner due to something the country likes to flaunt their lack of: impulsiveness.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:20 am

So what if the goverment dig itself to the corner? WHO would they respond to anyway?
Another jaded man.

SimplyMason0
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SimplyMason0 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:20 am

They were taking orders from Seele which is one of the highest organizations in the world and far more higher than Nerv. Thats all there needs to be for an excuse. Seele is corrupted. In the Japanese military's eyes, Seele are the big good guys doing whats right.

Again, this is Global terrorism. The entire planet will die. Nerv(95% of it) were innocent because they were framed.

If anyones in the wrong its Seele. The Military were fallowing orders to who they thought were criminals.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:26 am

The only reason SEELE had gone as far as to incite the Japanese government to kill everyone in NERV was because just after they would start Instrumentality and everything else would be irrelevant.

Under other circumstances, doing something as radical right in the middle of the country would attract a lot of attention, people will want answers, investigations will be made by the governments, the UN, other countries' Intelligence Services, journalists... and very soon they will reach the conclusion that the immense majority of the personnel didn't had any idea of why they were attacked, and that most weren't even armed and tried to surrender!
That will bring an huge PR backslash to the Japanese government, and the risk that the case will be traced back to SEELE would be very high. What SEELE did was a major gambit, the fact they made it was because if they win the rest of the world will be tanged.
Last edited by ElMariachi on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:00 am

That's what I was saying too.

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:56 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Executing non-armed personnel that surrender is a war crime, no matter the circumstances, and many of the NERV personnel wasn't armed and tried to surrender, besides going as far as bringing fucking flamethrowers, a weapon that kills its target in inhuman suffering really hammers the point that they're not supposed to be seen in a sympathetic light.

From the Die Sterne artbook:

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”