If the house is a-rockin'... [RML Thread 3]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:59 pm

View Original PostJune wrote:He's wavering from the path of wizardry.

Translation?
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:05 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:Translation?

In writing:

knowyourmeme wrote:The 30-Year-Old Virgin Wizard is an internet myth saying that if a person manages to still be a virgin at the milestone of age 30, he will attain magical powers on the level of a highly skilled wizard. Various requirements have been made up surrounding the myth. The phrase was first coined on Futaba Channel.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:20 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Translation?

He got laid.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:11 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:He got laid.

I seriously doubt that. This is Nuke, we're talking about.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:35 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:

:uhh:

Oh dear.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

Postby C.A.P. » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:02 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote::uhh:

Oh dear.

Indeed. I guess I'm a lost cause.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:05 pm

View Original PostC.A.P. wrote:Indeed. I guess I'm a lost cause.
You mean you're an enlightened one, they're the lost causes.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:49 am

In writing:

I wouldn't say that people aged 16-17 have healthy sex lives... although since I avoid alchohol n'drug parties like the plague I wouldn't know anything about that.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:43 pm

The chart originated as a troll image before wizardry was added to it, the original was just the first five entries. Then it was gloriously reappropriated to demonstrate the power of wizardry! For the Tower!
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:52 pm

In writing:

Challenge accepted.

11 years to go till magical powers. Can't wait. :tonguehang:

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:23 pm

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:A gift, It gave me a gift. It was a beatiful gift. Rain. Of course, I´m now completely wet, but it´s worth it. The rain makes me feel could on the outside but warm on the inside. Thank you, Rain God.

So yeah, RML
Rains are the defunct's libido of tears... don't you feel the same, morituro?

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:30 pm

The homework deadline I mentioned here was extended -- by a week! :jiggy: So it's the best of both worlds compared to if the due date actually had been tomorrow: It means not only do I get another chance to complete the assignment, but I can spend the rest of tonight focusing on the homework for my other class that's due tomorrow!
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:05 am

I just found a configuration error in my VPN server at work that's been there for five years. Fortuitously, there is a reason that most of the time it had no effect (though it explains some strange behaviours that I saw occasionally), but a change in the working practices of a couple of members of staff has forced me to find and correct it. :rolleyes:
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby arkiel » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:13 pm

Apparently my cover letter and resume wowed the relevant persons who are hanging around in HHS and the VA looking at that stuff despite the shutdown. RML

But getting the position means living for three months in Washington DC. FML

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Sgt. Griff » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:32 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:I wouldn't say that people aged 16-17 have healthy sex lives... although since I avoid alchohol n'drug parties like the plague I wouldn't know anything about that.

Yeah but alcohol'n'Drug parties are the best man! Like, this one time I injected four whole marijuanas and had three vodka cruisers.

But then again, I guess I'm just 2edgy4u.

SPOILER: Show
The only parties I go to are fairly innocent affairs. IE no drugs or alcohol.

Sorry mum.
Leave Shinji alone

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Pears! Pears, WONDERFUL! PEAR

Postby Alaska Slim » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:16 am

Commissaries are shuttin' down, but they had to quickly sell off their perishable goods. Got me SOOO~ many pears! :yippee:
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

moonwolf2024
Armisael
Armisael

Postby moonwolf2024 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:54 pm

Survived my first week at a new company :D . My brain is on overload but I'm happy. I might even get in on next week's pay. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Now I can take a break and peruse the wonders of evageeks. Gotta see what I missed. :lol:
Maybe if you shut up and stop over analyzing everything you just might get it........

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:55 pm

Got a 90% on my "Intro to the Solar System" midterm. Class average was 43%.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:11 pm

View Original Postmoonwolf2024 wrote:Survived my first week at a new company :D . My brain is on overload but I'm happy. I might even get in on next week's pay. Keeping my fingers crossed.
So you're settling in ok. That's good. Is your new job in the same field as your previous one?
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:55 pm

I finally got around to ordering both some snap-on triggers for the PS3 controller and an adapter to let me use the Xbox 360 controller with my PS3.

I should have done at least the latter of these a looong time ago. If I'd done this back then I would have been able to play the PS3 version of Prototype 2 that I had rented at the time, and for that matter I would have been able to enjoy Prototype 1 before it without my hands killing me.

But what it means now is that I can get the PS3 version of GTA4 with absolutely no fear about the fact that I'll be required to use the triggers extensively. I'll no longer have to take my controller issues into consideration for any game I rent or purchase anymore :grin:.
System Administrator

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”