Eva 3.0 in Italian theatres & 3.33 BD/DVD

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition").
The third installment debuted in Japan on November 17, 2012.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Falcon_of_the_Sun
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Falcon_of_the_Sun » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:13 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:To clarify, "# Children" (in English) isn't used at all in NME, instead it's (in Japanese) "# Boy", "# Girl", etc.

For instance, Shinji in NGE is the "Third Children" while in NME he's "第三の少年" (Dai San no Shōnen, the Third Boy).

I see, thanks for the info.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:01 am

View Original PostCookie H Wilson wrote:Misato said "Shinji ikari per noi non devi fare più nulla", or something like that, which translates to "S.I. you dont have to do anything anymore for us". It sounded less harsh than you wont do nothing again.

Okay, I give up, why the official translations can't agree on a single meaning?! :angry!!:

View Original PostCookie H Wilson wrote:the weird thing was the "é il vaso di Adams!" line spoken by msri when attacking mark 9 for the frst time on video. Adams remains plural, but the verb is in base form 3rd singular, like "it's the vase of Adams!", otherwise they would have either chose to not to use the Adams plural form, or rather say "it's one of the ADams' vase" instead. So by now we know that both Infinity and Adams seem to be singular entities but with a given sense of multiplicity.

Could it be that the Italian translation team thought that "ADAMs" is the true name of the creature, even if it only design one of the four, like with "Adams Family"?
If that's the case... :facepalm:

View Original PostCookie H Wilson wrote:Toji sis pratically shouts "whatever you do, do not pilot an eva, please spare us this thing again"
I dont recall the precise Asuka fight line, but it was surely not die already, more like the go down quietly line.

Same thing as with Misato, I give up, looks like these sentences were made deliberately ambiguous in Japanese to confuse the audience(and Shinji), and the western translation teams had to guess what the true meaning was, which Anno won't reveal until FINAL to keep open as much possibilities as possible! :bawl:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Cookie H Wilson
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Cookie H Wilson » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:44 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Okay, I give up, why the official translations can't agree on a single meaning?! :angry!!:

Could it be that the Italian translation team thought that "ADAMs" is the true name of the creature, even if it only design one of the four, like with "Adams Family"?
If that's the case... :facepalm:

Same thing as with Misato, I give up, looks like these sentences were made deliberately ambiguous in Japanese to confuse the audience(and Shinji), and the western translation teams had to guess what the true meaning was, which Anno won't reveal until FINAL to keep open as much possibilities as possible! :bawl:

ahahaha yup! Pretty frustrating isnt it? But i have to say that put apart the vaso di adams the whole thing was making much more sense to me than before, especially the cryptic parts (gendo/fuyu/seele) the nicknames also are ok, especially the one for mari. With gaki they should have gone for "moccioso" which sounds better thwn "bamboccio" (a really old fashioned way to say brat, but with a retarded feeling to it, not specifically used to deliver the "you are still a child" idea.
The Vaso di Adams concerns me mainly because the italian translation team was always very good in picking the right words. And Adam was called Adam in the tv series so I highly doubt there simply was a mistake in this choice.
in the Japanese script how precisely do they refer to mark 9? They use AdamS' vessel or no plural was use there. And if the adam vessel really is just a mere adam with no soul with its full structure made of core, then the theory i thought about til now (AAA Wunder = 11th shito and Mark 9 = 11th shito's core) doesntn seem to work anymore. They are really calling him the Wunder's master. Sounds more like mark 9 owned that shit instead of being part of it.
4.0/Final will have stuff to explain and finally wrap it up.
�Smash the control images. Smash the control machine.�
― William S. Burroughs

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:49 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Same thing as with Misato, I give up, looks like these sentences were made deliberately ambiguous in Japanese to confuse the audience(and Shinji), and the western translation teams had to guess what the true meaning was

I thought for the first one that we had a sound report from a fluent Japanese speaker, saying that regardless of the literal meaning, the phrase had a clear idiomatic meaning of "give us a break", which "...please spare us this thing again" is close enough to.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: Everybody finds love... in the end. (details); Past avatars.
Can't wait for 3.0+1.0? - try Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:58 am

Yeah, retrospectively, her line still keep the meaning of the original Japanese("Don't pilot an Eva, I'm sick of Impacts!"), the translated line I was the more interested into was Misato's, since must of my current theories for FINAL depend on what exactly she said then... well I won't get a clear answer today either... :um:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Tetsuo87
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tetsuo87 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:35 pm

one little update, bd/dvd first press preorder available on amazon.it
blu-ray
[url]http://www.amazon.it/dp/B00FI9MI9Y[/url]
dvd
[url]http://www.amazon.it/dp/B00FI9MHE0[/url]

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion”