Eva 3.0 in Italian theatres & 3.33 BD/DVD

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:34 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Strangely they didn't spoiled the other big revelation that comes before : the 14 years time skip.

Sure they do. It's the second line of Shinji's dialogue: "It really has been fourteen years".

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:On a side note, Gendo's Italian voice is swag as hell, what a deep voice! :lol:

He's very famous here, and has done a lot of roles in his career. You can expect to hear him in pretty much every action movie :)
That said, the rest of the cast is seriously getting too old for their roles (well, that might actually be a good thing for Q). I usually watch subs, but in my opinion the TV series dub was generally superior to the new Rebuild dubs, at least if you can get over the horrible mispronunciation of the characters' names...

Cookie H Wilson
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Cookie H Wilson » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:44 pm

Shit.
Misato's voice actress is not the same.
�Smash the control images. Smash the control machine.�
― William S. Burroughs

Tetsuo87
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tetsuo87 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:37 pm

yes, new voice for Misato... Rachele Paolelli replaces the historic voice of Sella Musy

so, tomorrow is the big day!!! after the marathon two weeks ago with evangelion 1.0 and 2.0 which were by far the most viewed films in the day on 4 September in Italy with 25,000 tickets sold, beating even the giants of American film.

and tomorrow we hope to replicate or redouble :D

[center]Image[/center]

then new info on home video release will be coming soon, very soon :rolleyes:

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:57 pm

So, will some of you Italian folks take some notes about the dubbing, so we could compare with the official French and English subs?
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Cookie H Wilson
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Cookie H Wilson » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:37 pm

Just saw it. Really nice feeling to have no sub to read in order to undersrand. In the Italian translation whAt was intersting aas last Gendo's speach to Seele. Sound pretty clear that Seele guys were the ones who enginered (or however you write that) the human condition. Like really litterally making mankind out of apes. Kinda like the monoloiths in Kubrik's 2001. I'll write some other stuff later. Ciao
― William S. Burroughs

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:13 pm

Just got back from the theater. Running around the parking blasting Beethoven's 9th at full volume was priceless. It's almost 2am here, so don't expect any kind of coherency in this post.

View Original PostTetsuo87 wrote:yes, new voice for Misato... Rachele Paolelli replaces the historic voice of Stella Musy

That change took a while to get used to. Rei's performance was great, her VA got the monotone spot on. Kaworu's VA sounded even more homoerotic than Akira Ishida (is that even possibile?). I guess much of it had to do with the reaction of the audience, though.
I don't know why but I kind of liked Shinji's VA more in this role than in the previous films. That bald man aboard the Wunder (can't remember the name, sorry) was by far the most annoying of the bunch.

View Original PostTetsuo87 wrote:after the marathon two weeks ago with evangelion 1.0 and 2.0 which were by far the most viewed films in the day on 4 September in Italy with 25,000 tickets sold, beating even the giants of American film.

Well, it's not directly comparable as it was a Wednesday. I bet the Hollywood movies get significantly more during the weekends. Still a noteworthy event, especially since 1.0/2.0 were a continuous 3:40 projection that required quite a lot of dedication from the viewers.

Anyway, at least here in Brescia the organizers had to scramble last week to get more than double the available seats compared to 1.0/2.0. A lot of the people I saw today hadn't watched 3.0 before, so it came much as a shock to them. The reactions where mostly negative, not that I expected anything else to be honest.

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:So, will some of you Italian folks take some notes about the dubbing, so we could compare with the official French and English subs?

Unfortunately I didn't have anything available to record the audio, so I have to go from memory (that's what I get from installing Ubuntu Touch on my brand new Nexus 4 right yesterday, I suppose).

I'm not up to speed with the subs discussions, but here's a quick list of the things I was more surprised about:
  • both Mari and Misato usually referred to "Adams" as a singular entity ("vaso di Adams"? lolwut)
  • Kaworu was quite explicit in talking about the (near-)Third Impact, explaining that it happened after Shinji got fused inside EVA-01, but putting the entire blame of the accident on his actions. Anyway, the entire Third Impact (including the Mark.06 "incident") clearly happened in a short timespan, since Lilith's chamber had been completely sealed 14 years before the events of 3.0.
  • about the usual "failure of Infinity" stuff: they used something like "they failed to become Infinity", whatever that is supposed to mean
  • I haven't heard anything about Asuka trying to kill Shinji, to me it looked like she was only trying to stop his actions without harming him. I can't remember the line, but I'm curious to take a look at the Japanese script to see where in hell the "bamboccio" (:bigeyes:) came from.
  • Gendo's last line sounded more confident than the "This will do for now" I read in UTW's subs (but listening to the Japanese right now, I'd bet on UTW)

lo zaffo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby lo zaffo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:43 pm

I saw it in Modena, I appreciated it very much. I don't know whether this same warm feeling was spread from many other viewers, I saw some perplexed faces, not long faces. It seems to me that it was not a crazy gamble bringing Eva on Italian cinemas after all.
space is the place - sun ra

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:03 pm

View Original Postath wrote:[*] I haven't heard anything about Asuka trying to kill Shinji, to me it looked like she was only trying to stop his actions without harming him. I can't remember the line, but I'm curious to take a look at the Japanese script to see where in hell the "bamboccio" (:bigeyes:) came from.

Here you go. Japanese from Github ([url]http://github.com/eva3/Evangelion--3.0-Translation[/url]):
01:11:45 {シンジ}    アスカ!
00:11:46 {シンジ}    お願いだから 邪魔しないでよ
01:11:49 {アスカ}    おとなしくやられろ!ガキシンジィ!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Cookie H Wilson
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Cookie H Wilson » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:09 pm

Gendos last line sounds something like "tutto procede bene" (everything is going well) which, yes, sounds more confident than usual, and more Keel like in his EOE's last line.
Kaworus speech was crystalline clear (of course in his typical criptict usual way of talking, but not as ermetic as I felt when reading the subs).
New Misato voice is a downer, but she is new to the story I guess, still I miss Stella Musy convincing attitude.
Speech when Gendo kills Seele seemed the most revealing to me jn terms of how criptic it was in the subs I had. Here the speech is less ambigous.
Bamboccio stands for dummy/brat which stands for Gaki. At the end Asuka even calls something like bamboshinji instead if the usual stupishinji (bakashinji) and Asuka nickname for Mari is Quattrocchi (four-eyed) Raccomandata which means "favourite/with connections" and I have to say I dont mind, kinda like it.
The adam vessel name is Vaso di Adams, as if adams was 1 single entity indeed. Vaso means vase, the one in which you put flowers. This was the weirdest to me.
And when Fuyu talked to Gendo about Kaworu showing Shinji the world condition he said a line that was more or less "You dont want him to know too much from you (in the sense of bearing the weight of a secret together) I think he should know from you. Just want you to know that I dont stand by this/dont agree." It felt much more sentimental,nfrom both of the prespectives, Kozo's preaching what would be good for the kid and for Gendo himself,and a possible Gendo perpective in his silent staring no word answer, Gendo not disclosing much to Shinji as if this could be some kinda (limited and pervert if you want) way to protect Shinji.
SORRY for grammar and sintax mistakes. Ignorance+ipad+late night yields benefits...
― William S. Burroughs

Tetsuo87
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tetsuo87 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:55 am

here are the first official numbers:
31.342 tickets sold in a single day, the revenue is € 303.740 (about 409809$ U.S.). and of course is on the first place in the Italian box office for the day... it was really a great success :D
[s]Next week we should have the exact data on revenues...[/s]
edit:
updated with official data.

concerns the film, I'm still a little shocked .....

ShIiNjI
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ShIiNjI » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:04 am

Shocking, different, but I really liked it. I can’t wait for the Blu-Ray release to watch it again.
The Wunder design and its crew reminded me a lot of Diebuster.

View Original PostCookie H Wilson wrote:The adam vessel name is Vaso di Adams, as if adams was 1 single entity indeed. Vaso means vase, the one in which you put flowers. This was the weirdest to me.

Starting by saying that I’ve watched the movie yesterday for the first time and that I were completely spoiler free…The first thing I thought when I heard “Vaso di Adam” (literally: Adam’s Vase) was that probably the Mark.09 was made from Adam’s body but didn’t contained his (its?) soul.

kapa89
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kapa89 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:10 am

View Original PostTetsuo87 wrote:here are the first official numbers:
31.342 tickets sold in a single day, the revenue is € 303.740 (about 409809$ U.S.). and of course is on the first place in the Italian box office for the day... it was really a great success :D
[s]Next week we should have the exact data on revenues...[/s]
edit:
updated with official data.

concerns the film, I'm still a little shocked .....

eva3.0 has surpassed even Rush :bigeyes: :shifty:

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:27 am

So in the end, the Italian dub is very similar to the French and English official subs, with the FoI failing to become "Infinity", Gendo acting very confident in the end, revealing that Misato actually acted exactly how he planned it and was just another pawn in his coup against SEELE.
I really liked how they translated the "gaki Shinji" and "Kone Megane", very well found.

Apparently the biggest differences seems to be the ADAM's Vessel designation(although it could mean that Mark.09 is a Vessel of one ADAM), and Kaworu's speech about what happened to Tokyo-3, where apparently he pins all the blame on Shinji(ouch!)

Did someone here remembered what Misato said exactly to Shinji when he asked what he should do to help them, just before the Wunder's first fly("From now on... you'll do nothing." or simply "Do nothing."?), and Sakura's last line to Shinji just before he escapes with Mark.09("Give us a break", "I want to forgive you/you to forgive me" or "I wouldn't bear it to happen all over again!"?)

And of course, as discussed above, Asuka's line to Shinji during the battle at Lilith's Chamber just before she ends out of battery("Shut-up and die!" or "Go down already!" ?)
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

ShIiNjI
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ShIiNjI » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:59 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:And of course, as discussed above, Asuka's line to Shinji during the battle at Lilith's Chamber just before she ends out of battery("Shut-up and die!" or "Go down already!" ?)

Sorry, I don’t remember the exact quotes, but I’m sure that Asuka didn’t tell Shinji to die in any way.

Does anyone remember if Kaworu said “effetti" or "affetti" during his last speech to Shinji? I’ve heard “effetti”, but I’m not sure about it. For what I can remember the sentece was something like “I tuoi e/affetti ti mostreranno la via/come". If I heard it correctly then I’m sure Kaworu left some clue into the SDAT player when he repaired it. However there’s no mention of such theory in the FAQ about the SDAT player, so probably I misheard that line.

Tetsuo87
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tetsuo87 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:15 am

the Italian BD / DVD "First Press" will be released October 30, 2013

[center]Image

Focus on (technical specifications of the Italian edition):
[url]http://www.dynit.it/focuson_dettaglio.asp?ctl=1&fcs=369[/url]

BD/DVD Promo:
[url]http://youtu.be/3iecDB6qiOA[/url]

[/center]

kapa89
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kapa89 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:26 am

yay! :D
now i'm undecided whether to take... bluray or dvd version

Cookie H Wilson
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Cookie H Wilson » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:26 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:

Did someone here remembered what Misato said exactly to Shinji when he asked what he should do to help them, just before the Wunder's first fly("From now on... you'll do nothing." or simply "Do nothing."?), and Sakura's last line to Shinji just before he escapes with Mark.09("Give us a break", "I want to forgive you/you to forgive me" or "I wouldn't bear it to happen all over again!"?)

And of course, as discussed above, Asuka's line to Shinji during the battle at Lilith's Chamber just before she ends out of battery("Shut-up and die!" or "Go down already!" ?)

Misato said "Shinji ikari per noi non devi fare più nulla", or something like that, which translates to "S.I. you dont have to do anything anymore for us". It sounded less harsh than you wont do nothing again. They use a lot the word Deicide instead the killing of god, and I notice that both Misato and gendo have the Deicide pourpose, surely they have opposite goals, but...
the weird thing was the "é il vaso di Adams!" line spoken by msri when attacking mark 9 for the frst time on video. Adams remains plural, but the verb is in base form 3rd singular, like "it's the vase of Adams!", otherwise they would have either chose to not to use the Adams plural form, or rather say "it's one of the ADams' vase" instead. So by now we know that both Infinity and Adams seem to be singular entities but with a given sense of multiplicity.
Toji sis pratically shouts "whatever you do, do not pilot an eva, please spare us this thing again"
I dont recall the precise Asuka fight line, but it was surely not die already, more like the go down quietly line.
― William S. Burroughs

Falcon_of_the_Sun
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Falcon_of_the_Sun » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:34 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:Damn Europeans, always getting the good stuff first....

Deservedly, especially in the case of Italy who has been a massive market for anime since the 80s.

:wink:

Also, the first issues of the NGE VHS in Italy boasted a completely original encyclopedia explaining a number of things in maniacal detail. Unuckily this was abandoned after the 6th tape (i.e. Eps 11-12) :(

Anyway, I saw it at the theatre in Milan yesterday. Outraged by the change of dubber for Misato.
Silly, silly, silly Dynit for not locking the cast contractually from the the first movie, everybody knew it was going to be a quadrilogy.
Appalling lack of professionalism by Stella Musy, it wouldn't have killed her to dub the FEW lines Misato utters in 3.0 to keep high the quality of a series (I mean the original NGE) which surely helped her career.
I always loved how they kept Children in plural for the dubbing og TV series, it does annoy me to hear the change now in Rebuild, although they did fix a couple of other things (Operation Yashima has the stress on the first syllable in 1.0!).

This said, I am glad I could get to watch 3.0 without breaking the law for a mere 11 euros.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:37 pm

View Original PostFalcon_of_the_Sun wrote:I always loved how they kept Children in plural for the dubbing of TV series, it does annoy me to hear the change now in Rebuild

To clarify, "# Children" (in English) isn't used at all in NME, instead it's (in Japanese) "# Boy", "# Girl", etc.

For instance, Shinji in NGE is the "Third Children" while in NME he's "第三の少年" (Dai San no Shōnen, the Third Boy).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:56 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Here you go. Japanese from Github ([url]http://github.com/eva3/Evangelion--3.0-Translation[/url]):

Thanks. I somehow forgot ガキ, even if I rewatched the sub just the day before...

View Original PostTetsuo87 wrote:31.342 tickets sold in a single day, the revenue is € 303.740 (about 409809$ U.S.). and of course is on the first place in the Italian box office for the day...

I honestly hoped for a little more, but that's certainly good enough. By the way, do you have any number for the screening of Akira back in May? I looked around a bit on the net but I wasn't able to find anything.

View Original PostShIiNjI wrote:Does anyone remember if Kaworu said “effetti" or "affetti" during his last speech to Shinji? I’ve heard “effetti”, but I’m not sure about it.

I can't remember the whole line, but I'm pretty sure I heard "affetti".

One last thing: they didn't translate the "シン" in the next episode card, "シン・エヴァンゲリオン劇場版", but simply pronounced it as "shin". The UTW subs go for the obvious "new", but that sounds just too simple to be true. Does anybody remember what the official English or French subs used for it? I almost hoped that Khara would clue the translators in to the real meaning behind it, but we didn't get lucky.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”