FML General Thread [5]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

FML General Thread [5]

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:10 pm

Maintaining the 2 to 1 ratio with RML, and continuing from

View Original PostNemZ wrote:I woke up at 8pm yesterday after a 2 hour nap and have just been up ever since. No real reason why, it just is what it is.

Unless I've been up for 30+ hours I never sleep for 8 or more. 5-6 is more what I usually run on when insomnia isn't poking around, and that's without setting an alarm or having anywhere to be.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:45 am

Wow, I feel kinda weird in regards to sleeping - I find functioning difficult with less than eight hours of sleep, and will otherwise sleep ten to fourteen hours.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:51 am

What a lovely day for central New Zealand.
We had a 6.6 magnitude earthquake this afternoon, although damage where I live was minimal, and no-one was hurt. I was at school at the time, and a number of my classmates seemed to enjoy shouting 'wheeee!' as we all crouched under our desks, with the floor literally moving from side to side underneath us. Our art teacher told them to be quiet, of course. Apparently, you are not allowed to enjoy earthquakes. I certainly did not, I find that there is something hideously unnatural about earthquakes, they just feel completely wrong.

The traffic afterwards was terrible, my bus took nearly twice the time it usually takes to reach my stop. For the moment, the aftershocks continue, but they are not strong enough to warrant scrambling over to my desk. The worst result of the aftershocks in my house is wineglass that fell off the bench onto the floor and smashed. :hahaha:

But, all in all, I think that the fact I can post this shows that everything is fine. You're really in trouble when the Internet gives in.
生は、死の始まり。そして再生は、夢の終わり。
"I write only because there is a voice within me that will not be still." - SP

Rei Ayanami's beauty comes from the truth that she has feelings...the struggle to draw your feelings forth, the reconciliation between your surface and your death - that, I believe, is where we truly become alive, truly become human beings." -Hayashibara Megumi

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:03 am

I heard about this earlier and the first thing I thought of was you. I'm glad all it amounted to was just a slight inconvenience for you. :D
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:32 am

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:I heard about this earlier and the first thing I thought of was you. I'm glad all it amounted to was just a slight inconvenience for you. :D

Yes, it was only a minor inconvenience for me, although I became slightly worried when I could not contact my mother the first few times that I called. She was fine, but the patients waiting for their appointments at the time of the earthquake jumped up and ran straight out of the building as soon as the shaking stopped, she told me. As some of you here may know, after the severe earthquakes in Christchurch, and then the earthquakes in the central New Zealand area less than a month ago, many people have become very afraid of any kind of disturbances to do with the ground. Even today, the supermarket closest to me was full of people panicking and trying to purchase as much food and bottled water that they could get their share of. Personally, I feel that it was not all that severe where I live, and that panicking isn't helpful.

If there are any other New Zealanders on the forums who live in the greater Wellington or Kapiti regions, and especially close to Seddon, I wish you luck. I think that staying calm will be very useful in getting through this unscathed.

Thank you for thinking of me, CoL.
生は、死の始まり。そして再生は、夢の終わり。
"I write only because there is a voice within me that will not be still." - SP

Rei Ayanami's beauty comes from the truth that she has feelings...the struggle to draw your feelings forth, the reconciliation between your surface and your death - that, I believe, is where we truly become alive, truly become human beings." -Hayashibara Megumi

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:49 am

You're welcome, Rei.^_^
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

jetlagger
Embryo

Postby jetlagger » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:24 am

It's great that the earthquake was only a minor inconvenience to you and your family, Rei.

I've witnessed an earthquake in Ibaraki a couple of years ago and it amazed me how stoic and disciplined the Japanese were in face of disaster. In the West Coast, or in Chile, where I was also unfortunate enough to live through a couple of quakes, people absolutely freak out whenever the ground starts to shake.

I've been reading the news and so far there were no fatalities.

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Mm. Finally got the nerve to ask the girl on tumblr if she wanted to IM or something else with me. Now I'll be filled with anxiety until I get a response...
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:54 pm

Why is YouTube so hellbent on making itself more and more unusable with each update? The grid layout for subscriptions was way better than this stupid feed....
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

moonwolf2024
Armisael
Armisael

Postby moonwolf2024 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:01 pm

I am SO embarrassed. A former co-worker came to my house to drop of some documents today. And of course, maybe ten minutes before she arrives my mother and my brother start going at it like wild animals. (They are actually going at it right now as I type) The lady knocks on the door and they are screaming at the top of lungs. I had to walk to side walk to get away from the mess. So fucking embarrassed. Plus I'm too old for this.:headdesk:
Last edited by moonwolf2024 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maybe if you shut up and stop over analyzing everything you just might get it........

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:12 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:Why is YouTube so hellbent on making itself more and more unusable with each update? The grid layout for subscriptions was way better than this stupid feed....

I'm using YTO. Otherwise, yeah, it seems that they're redesigning the site for mobiles and tablets.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:06 pm

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:I'm using YTO. Otherwise, yeah, it seems that they're redesigning the site for mobiles and tablets.

Unfortunately, Opera 12 isn't supported by YTO anymore. I don't see why they couldn't leave the old layout as an option....
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:48 am

Opera have shot themselves in both feet, in the balls, and in the head with their botched introduction of the alpha version of a new misconceived browser as if it was an upgrade. Lots of sites now complain that the working version of their (still supported) actual working browser is outdated.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:13 pm

View Original PostReiAyanami25 wrote:What a lovely day for central New Zealand.
We had a 6.6 magnitude earthquake this afternoon, although damage where I live was minimal, and no-one was hurt.

I am SO glad that no one was hurt. Nothing like an earthquake to add to your day, right guys? :P
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

MandarinOrange
Embryo

Postby MandarinOrange » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:34 pm

We had to put our cat down today. Turned out he had feline leukemia 3: The symptoms hit him hard and fast 3:

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:24 am

So here I am, just testing out the discs in the Berserk DVD set I picked up last weekend...

when all of a sudden

a scene from the end of episode six
uses the same sound effects that appear in Morrowind

oh god
this can't be happening

are these tears of disbelief or of defeat?
Voluntary Illusion.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:00 pm

A lot of little things that shouldn't be bothering me at all are irritating me to the point where I feel like I have to punch something. It could be something even as mild as a plan with a friend not working out, or something happening somewhere that doesn't even affect me or people that I care about. I'm not sure why I'm so easily irritable these days.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Postby A.T. Fish » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:59 pm

^Maybe you've reached that time of the month?

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:39 am

It's been an interesting couple of days. A few weeks ago I called USF to see what dorm I would be in, I was told that I was near the bottom of a rather large waiting list. That's fine, I'll just make other arrangements. Thus, I started my lease with Avalon, the apartment I've been talking about, recently.

Fast forward to three days ago. I got a letter from the housing department of the University saying that I now have a dorm and have been assigned. Well, we have a problem. I've already paid for and am preparing to move into an apartment. I called the housing department to cancel the dorm room. I was told that I have to pay a five hundred dollar cancellation fee.

I told the attendant I was talking to to (very politely, and certainly not in so many words) go fuck herself. I asked to speak to her supervisor and left a message saying that I believe the charge is in error and/or unjust. I will not pay another 0,5 grand to those carpetbaggers without a fight.

The best part is that she said the fee was "in my contract", I never signed a contract. She may be able to pull the whole "terms and conditions" thing on me, but I don't think that's going to fly.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:37 pm

I'm leaving here soon.

Not really an FML, but I'm feeling a twinge of sadness that I'll basically be cramped in a car with my grandparents for hours on end for a few days with no internet to keep me company. :\

Guess I should install some of those games I got, so I can play 'em on the road...:\
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”