Evangelion ANIMA (general)

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:04 pm

I disagree with using Gurren Lagann as just a synonym for craziness.
It is a very specific kind of crazy in its content, presentaion and its attitude towards itself.

ANIMA is quite different in all 3 of those aspects. While yes a lot of ideas it has are on the silly and insane side of the scale it treats them in a very different way.

As far as where things are, ANIMA ended with the April 2013 issue of Dengeki Hobby (released Feb 25th, 2013) and we have had nothing since other than potential for some collected volumes that have yet to be announced.

What happens as far as plot in the end I have no idea. The summary translations end quite a bit before that and I dare not try to infer things myself.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

colddice
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby colddice » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:34 pm

So this is over, right? I've only been able to follow the bit of stuff that's been translated, but what happened in the finale? I can't find any info on it.
"The world is not beautiful; and that, in a way, lends it a sort of beauty."

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:53 pm

I haven't seen any info about the finale anywhere. I guess the west doesn't care about an ending to something it doesn't even have a good plot summary for.

4thImpact
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby 4thImpact » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:06 pm

If anyone who can translate stuff is interested, I have the Dengeki with the finale in it. I can try and get a hold of a scanner, if you guys want. I'd love to contribute.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:18 pm

The scans are already available. Dengekis get pirated very efficiently so the ANIMA finale has been floating around the internet for months.

Acquiring the source/raw is not the issue. The fact that noone is interested in translating is. This ran for 5+ years and all we got was ~2 chapters and some summaries translated. Translating the finale would be utterly useless without knowing the events leading up to it.

4thImpact
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby 4thImpact » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:04 pm

I know that there haven't been full translations- just wasn't aware if there was a source to summarize yet.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:05 pm

..anyone have a synopsis of the finale by now/explanation of what happened to everyone?
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:47 pm

Yeah, that would be nice to at least know who the hell was Armaros' pilot, who built it, what was his objectives...
Last edited by ElMariachi on Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:12 pm

Even a finale summary might be a lot of work because from the looks of it everything from the point of introduction of the STAGE:PERFECTION Super Eva is one huge, extended climax. So it's like 10 issues long...

We basically have to wait for someone who has read the whole bloody things to get any kind of answers.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:23 pm

I see, also after reading the article of the story in the wiki, it's me or is that "Valley of Humanity" full of fossilized Evangelion as a result of a failed Instrumentality that happened in the prehistory, extremely similar to the ruins of Tokyo-3 in Q and the Failures of Infinity?
Last edited by ElMariachi on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:21 pm

I actually completley forgot about that...

There's your whole headless, petrified giant bodies thing:

SPOILER: Show

For reference this is the June 2010 issue, street date April 25th, 2010, so less than a year after 2.0 came out theatrically.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:58 am

Plot twist : ANIMA is actually a sequel of Rebuild via Time Loop, the Valley of Humanity is actually Tokyo-3 from the previous universe! :tongue:

More seriously, there seems to be a lot of things present in ANIMA that were reused in Rebuild, and vice-versa, like the concept of various Rei clones used as pilots, or a black plugsuit for the Rei working for the bad guys, I also noticed that Mari's "Wolf Eva" in ANIMA had some similarities with Rebuild's Beast Mode(although I don't know which one came first), almost everything about Armaros : a mysterious Evangelion appearing in the Moon and armed with a FAR Spear, with an halo and who can fly... it even has Mark.06's helmet!
Last edited by ElMariachi on Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:50 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:I see, also after reading the article of the story in the wiki, it's me or is that "Valley of Humanity" full of fossilized Evangelion as a result of a failed Instrumentality that happened in the prehistory, extremely similar to the ruins of Tokyo-3 in Q and the Failures of Infinity?

Kinda like the Ruins of Arka from the proposal with that whole story about "previous attempts"?

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:04 pm

Yes, kinda like that too, it looks like this part of ANIMA is a mix of the proposal with the new ideas brought by Rebuild.
Last edited by ElMariachi on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby chaosakita » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:04 pm

We need to step up our game as fans and translate this. Or at least get more summaries.
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:00 am

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-2773.html

Someone please confirm whether or not this is news of the long-awaited compilation book

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:09 am

According to Google Translate, it's about the commercialization of a paperback version, so yes, that seems to be a compilation book.

With some chance it'll have original pictures!

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:01 pm

What wouldn't I give for translation.

It may not be up to the original, but just the thought that there's actually another "serious" (as in, more than tits and highschool drama) adaptation out there, right under our noses, and we can't read it.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:29 am

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:46 am

YES, YES yesyesyesyesyes! :woohoo:

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”