Evangelion 3.0 Screening at San Diego Comic Con

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Evangelion 3.0 Screening at San Diego Comic Con

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:57 am

It's nice how fast Funimation is screening 3.0.

Our news post here: http://www.evageeks.org/2013/07/eva-3-0-at-sdcc/

Their blog post here: http://www.funimation.com/lee/blog/funimation-at-san-diego-comic-con/7785173

Anybody here think they're going? They can tell us how the translation is! :toothy: To clarify, no idea yet if it'll be dubbed or subbed. Probably subbed?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:16 pm

I've only heard of Nuke going to SDCC so far.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:54 pm

It can't be dubbed, can it? It's not like they can just record the lines, they have to write their own script and do a lot of sound editing.

Do they still write lines of dubbed dialogue to match the original mouth movements, or do they change them to match the dialogue now? I imagine that's entirely possible but I don't know if it would be too expensive or not.

Also, I want Jive Hyuga back. Where do I send my petition?
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:36 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:It can't be dubbed, can it? It's not like they can just record the lines, they have to write their own script and do a lot of sound editing.

Do they still write lines of dubbed dialogue to match the original mouth movements, or do they change them to match the dialogue now? I imagine that's entirely possible but I don't know if it would be too expensive or not.

Also, I want Jive Hyuga back. Where do I send my petition?

I'm afraid Jive Hyuga was not a Funi member so no luck there.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

SSJ Spartan01
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby SSJ Spartan01 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:10 pm

I'm going to be in San Diego this weekend! Downtown is beautiful at night, especially during Comic-Con, and I encourage all of you to check it out if ever given the opportunity. I haven't been to Comic-Con in years though, does anyone know if the screening will be of the official Funimation english sub? If so, then they're jamming pretty fast at work on it. The area outside the convention center is filled with fun cosplayers and entertainment advertisers so I'll see if I can hang around and report on any new info.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:16 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:I'm afraid Jive Hyuga was not a Funi member so no luck there.

I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has gone from me.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:17 pm

Well theres been no info about who is doing the various new characters (ok so its only Sakura that gets more than a couple of lines) so I think the dub production is still at an early stage.
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:03 pm

Yeah, I'd say they'll be playing the original Language with subs. By now, a cast list of who's playing what in the dub would have been provided. Also, it's too soon.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:56 am

So, in a little less than seventeen hours the screening will begin, any members will participate?
If that's the case, any possibilities for taking some notes to see the differences with the official French translation and the one made by our beloved Reichu and her team?
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:15 pm

Well, I went to go see it! I also took notes on the subtitles, which were flat-out amazing. I'll post them as soon as I have access to my computer (I'm on my phone right now.) ^_^

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:16 pm

Merci mon ami! :asuka_thumbsup:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Yaywalter
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Yaywalter » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:32 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Well, I went to go see it! I also took notes on the subtitles, which were flat-out amazing. I'll post them as soon as I have access to my computer (I'm on my phone right now.) ^_^

You mean it wasn't dubbed?! :asuka_sad:

lol, I kid... can't wait to see your notes on these supposedly flat-out amazing subtitles.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:17 am

Did anybody go to Funi's Industry Panel on Thursday? I'm guessing they didn't say anything about when 3.0 would possibly be released on DVD/BD?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Evangelion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelion » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:48 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Did anybody go to Funi's Industry Panel on Thursday? I'm guessing they didn't say anything about when 3.0 would possibly be released on DVD/BD?

This is something I would like to know as well!

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:54 pm

View Original PostEvangelion wrote:This is something I would like to know as well!

Funi would have tweeted anything to that extent after the panel, so no, I don't think anything was said.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:23 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Did anybody go to Funi's Industry Panel on Thursday? I'm guessing they didn't say anything about when 3.0 would possibly be released on DVD/BD?

They mentioned nothing, which made me sad. :irked:

Evangelion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelion » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:10 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:They mentioned nothing, which made me sad. :irked:

:sniffle:

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”