[P'tit Eva @ School] Please tell me this isn't true!

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Good_Noodle
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Good_Noodle » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:02 pm

TriLink12 wrote:
Good_Noodle wrote:Wow, GAINEX has gone too far this time.

Yeah! Lets all boycot Gainax and their shows. No more Gainax for me, no sir!

(Ten Minutes Later...)

Augh, I can't take it!

(Proceeds to watch EOE on mute while listening to S2 works on mp3 player all the while playing with his Chibi Eva action figures. Mother then knocks on door to inform him that his FLCL bedspread is dry.)

Yep, before you know it you're already browsing through the EVA store with google translator. GAINEX foils us again. :oops:

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:36 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:Newtype article transcription (if anyone can have some sort of translation, I'd be thankful)

劇場版の発表と時期を同じくして登場した新しいエヴァ。それは「ねるふ学園」を舞台に繰り広げられるキュートなキャラたちのにぎやかライフだった!? その名は「ぷちえゔぁ」。生みの親となったバンダイ・ボーイズトイ事業部の澤山みをはそのきっかけを次のように語る。
(略)
「濱元さんはエヴァストライク世代で、かつ新しいセンスがある。 21世紀のデフォルメキャラを生み出せる人だと思い起用しました。よつばスタジオの里美英樹氏には「あずまんが大王」の商品製作のときに非常にお世話になっていて、ここぞという仕事をしたいとき力を貸してくれる方です。キャラや大まかな設定はごく少数のスタッフで作っているんですが、庵野(秀明)監督をはじめアニメスタッフの皆様にお見せしたところ好評でほっとしました。とくにエヴァンチョーが好評です(笑)」

まずはコレクションフィギュアを皮切りに、すでにいくつかのアイテムが企画進行中。ぷちエヴァならではの設定を生かしたアイテムや、その先のメディア展開も期待される。
 「モノとコンテンツ、どちらも楽しんでいただける仕掛けをしていきたいと思います。従来のエヴァファンに楽しんでいただくのはもちろん、今の10代の方たちがエヴァンゲリオンの世界に触れるきっかけづくり、『マイ・ファースト・エヴァ』になれば最高ですね」

------------

シンジ
モラトリアム・・部活は帰宅部。エヴァンチョーが何をしゃべっているのかわかるのは彼だけ。・・体質だが、なぜか・・にモテる

エヴァンチョー
ねるふ学園の・・番長なので硬派で無口(というかシンジがいつも通訳をしている)、年齢不詳、・・。実はひそかにアイドル好きらしい……?

アスカ
帰国子女でシンジの幼なじみ。文武両道のツンデレ娘だが、綾波三姉妹においしいところをもっていかれがち。加持先生に片想い中♥

ミサト先生
国語を担当する独身女教師。ナイスバディでお酒好き。トラブルはあおるタイプで、シンジにふりかかる災難も、基本は笑顔で傍観

綾波三姉妹
成績優秀でクールな長女、スポーツ万能で食欲旺盛の次女、
華奢?でかぼちゃパンツ着用の三女、という謎の姉妹、名前は全員「レイ」

Name = Puchi* Eva - EVA@SCHOOL

There's even a Nerv Gakuen and shit. Misato teacher...

* = petite

This is, of course, absolutely useless, but here's how Google translates all that:

Announcement of theater edition doing time similarly, it appeared new [evua]. As for that “don't you think? it was bustling life of cute [kiyara] which can unfold [ru] [hu] school” in the stage!? As for the name “[pu] [chi] obtaining [u] ゙ [a]”. The sawayama seeing of the Bandai [boizutoi] division which has become the real parent you talk the opportunity as follows. (Abbreviation) “the 濱 origin in the [evuasutoraiku] generation, at the same time is new sense. That it is the person who can produce [dehuorumekiyara] of 21 centuries you thought and appointed. In the Satomi English tree person of the brim studio you having taken care very at the time of the commodity production of “[a] [zu] cartoon Daio”, here when with liking to do the work which is said, it is the person who lends power. It makes [kiyara] and rough setting in extremely the small-numbered staff, it is, but when we showed to everyone of the animation staff the hermitage field (Hideaki) including supervision being popular, it will be relieved. Especially, [evuanchiyo] is popular, (laughing)” first the collection figure in the start, already several items the plan under way. Also the item and the media development ahead that which utilize the setting only of [pu] [chi] [evua] are expected.  “The mono with contents, we would like to keep doing the setting up which can enjoy both. Enjoying to former [evuahuan], if as for receiving of course, the opportunity which the current teenager mentions the world of [evuangerion] it makes and 'becomes my first [evua]' being highest, the shank” ------------ [shinjimoratoriamu] as for section life returning home section. As for knowing whether [evuanchiyo] has talked what just him. But constitution, don't you think? why [mote] [ru] [evuanchiyo], because [ru] [hu] school it is the school gang leader, being stalwart, whether taciturn (with you say, [Shinji] has usually interpreted), age unknown. To tell the truth secretly the idle favorite ...... where it seems? With the [Asuka] returned children childhood friend of [Shinji]. But the [tsundere] daughter of the literary and military arts both road, the twill wave three sisters it smells and forces and keeps having the place tend. Celibacy woman teacher where takes charge of the ♥ [Misato] teacher national language while the one thinking in incantation teacher. With [naisubadei] drunkard. As for trouble in the type which is fanned, the misfortune which is started to shake in [Shinji], as for the basis being indifferent twill wave three sisters record excellent with the smiling face, the cool eldest daughter, with sport omnipotence the next woman of the appetite excellent condition, the bloom 奢? So three women of pumpkin underpants wearing, with the sisters of the puzzle which is said, as for name everyone “ray”
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:44 pm

It makes more sense to me in Moonspeak.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:50 pm

Reichu wrote:It makes more sense to me in Moonspeak.

Yeah. I tried Babel Fish too, and it made even less sense. (It left even more stuff untranslated.)

Is that last part perhaps saying that instead of being different iterations of the same person, the 3 Reis are going to be sisters, all named Rei? (And all wearing pumpkin underpants?)
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fearthebait » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:50 pm

You should teach me moonspeak sometime, or maybe you should just translate it for us !!
Last edited by Fearthebait on Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:51 pm

thewayneiac wrote:Is that last part perhaps saying that instead of being different iterations of the same person, the 3 Reis are going to be sisters, all named Rei? (And all wearing pumpkin underpants?)

speaking out of character here,

"ZOMG, TEH Rei'S!!!"
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:01 pm

thewayneiac wrote:Is that last part perhaps saying that instead of being different iterations of the same person, the 3 Reis are going to be sisters, all named Rei? (And all wearing pumpkin underpants?)

:looks: Yeah, three "mysterious" sisters, all named Rei Ayanami. The youngest one has the "pumpkin pantsu".

Fearthebait wrote:You should teach me moonspeak sometime

You must suffer as I have suffered.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:52 am

This sounds horrendously close to that fanfic "Second Chances". I predict a Shinji-centric harem.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:45 am

The Bastard King wrote:This sounds horrendously close to that fanfic "Second Chances". I predict a Shinji-centric harem.

Like the GOS2 manga. :x
I heart Encyclopedia Dramatica!
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:13 pm

This is probably the worst thing to happen to Evangelion since... Um... No, then again, this might just plain be the worst thing to happen to Evangelion.
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:18 pm

Everyone, please don't be so dramatic. Even if this somehow ruins the image/reputation/whatever of Eva, that doesn't mean you still can't ignore the original series and movies. If this chibi Eva stuff actually bothers you (and personally I can't see how), then just ignore it.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:57 pm

BrikHaus81 wrote:Everyone, please don't be so dramatic. Even if this somehow ruins the image/reputation/whatever of Eva, that doesn't mean you still can't ignore the original series and movies. If this chibi Eva stuff actually bothers you (and personally I can't see how), then just ignore it.
For me anyway, it's not that this "ruins" Eva. It's really the feelings of annoyance at Gainax for not making better stuff for me, and other otakus like myself, to buy.
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fearthebait » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:55 pm

Just the fact Gainax will do anything they can to the series to make more money is frustrating.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:05 pm

It's not like this hasn't happened before to a popular franchise, there are a ton of SD Gundam movies, series, and OVA's. It'll get subbed, I'll watch it, if it sucks, I won't buy it.

Reichu wrote:Yeah, three "mysterious" sisters, all named Rei Ayanami. The youngest one has the "pumpkin pantsu".

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:56 pm

Hey, Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu is a comedy spin-off series of a prior series, and that was arguably better than the main series. To be fair, though, one of FMP's biggest focuses IS comedy. Hey, if it sucks, then train wrecks are fun enough to watch.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:10 pm

Trigger's Elysium wrote:Hey, if it sucks, then train wrecks are fun enough to watch.

Not if you have close friends inside one of the trains.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:51 pm

Or you're on the train...
I heart Encyclopedia Dramatica!
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:42 pm

But the people who wreck the train in the first place usually get paid well enough in the end.

Wait, Gainaz isn't a terrorist organization...
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:45 pm

Um, what's the topic in this thread? I only read page 3. ^^;
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Tokpile Quohog

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:03 pm

In times long past, this thread pertained to the announcement of a chibi-eva thingy and opinions related to said announcement.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”