4th Film Info (READ OP) + Speculation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
iihieiii
Lilith

Postby iihieiii » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:02 am

I'm excited with 4.0 final, high chances to be a "good one" like Elmarichi said, but my big concern is with the "Flashback" from 2.0 to 3.0, i hope that Anno make a good plot development on this one ;P otherwise we gonna look :huh: in 4.0 entire movie lol

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby driftking18594 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:08 am

As much as a LAMfag I may be, if 4.0 does have a "bad end" for Asuka and Mari at least, if it's done tastefully and it makes Inception look like the next Adam Sandler movie, I wouldn't mind.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:29 am

@ Stillborn : Anno is a troll on how he convey his message and the rawness of the suffering of his character, he never trolled his audience with the end message : EoTV had a very positive ending, and while very weird and bittersweet(emphasize on "bitter") ending, EoE ended with the positive note that Shinji finally learned to love himself and won't run from reality anymore, and Asuka got her own therapy too since she's back from the LCL sea.

Now I'm not saying that everything will be flowers and birds singing(mostly because apparently there are no birds left...), just the setting of the world in 3.0 guarantee a bittersweet ending : Gendo will be defeated, mankind saved, but there is still the world to rebuild and the people who died or will die in FINAL will stay dead, no LCL sea respawn point this time.
At best, Shinji finally find the Lance of Cassius and use it to make the world inhabitable again, but that will be all, the rest will be in mankind's hands.

And there is still the problems of what to do with the Evangelions, both the two who awakened and the giant army that Gendo will left behind, Asuka's angelic funk with her eye and the curse of EVA to deal with.
Last edited by ElMariachi on Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:04 pm

Well, I expect to see more crying, groveling and screaming from Shinji as his highlightned points in movie, culminated with resigned resolve.

Rage screams from Asuka and more insults at Shinji, and most likely a futile battle like with MPEvas in EoE.

Mari don't giving a shit. Probably dying, because Anno didn't wanted her in the first place and for the shock value.

Sakura dying, because she was nice, and that would be awesome tearjerker.

Ritsuko, Mistao, Kaji (if he's still alive) and half of the WILLE dying, because it fits the plot.

And if we not end with inevitable extinction, we get victory that won't feel like victory at all, and all will feel cheated about how lukewarm it feels to win.

Earth may be healed, but all interesting characters will be dead, or will go on living with enthusiasm of prisioner in death row.

Half of the fanbase will be priseing it as a genious, other half will rage uncoherently and will be called idiots.

It's not that hard to predict the skeleton of FINAL.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:39 pm

O__O i wonder how hopeless you are in real life. (Not an insult or anything like that btw)

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:47 pm

Enough to be realistic and expect most possible outcomes.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:16 am

If there was anyway to BLOCK seeing certain people's posts on here Stillborn I have to say you'd be at the top of my list.

peripateia
Adam

Postby peripateia » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:37 am

If the death of all the characters is possible, could it also be possible that...Shinji grows up? I have a hard time imagining the pilots as adults, that was part of why EoE's ending felt so mysterious to me. I was unable to imagine what might happen after the 'fin'.

Now is Rebuild's time to shine! Anything could happen, but plausibly I can only imagine the Children staying children and the adults getting older. Even in 3.0, I didn't get the impression of maturity from any of the Children (although Shinji is of course the runt of the pack).

I'm forced to witness Shinji's stasis as a child in Rebuild...let's hope he has something meaningful, perhaps mature to say by the time Final ends! Apocalypse is fine, but man-child syndrome is not! :tongue:

iihieiii
Lilith

Postby iihieiii » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:26 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:If there was anyway to BLOCK seeing certain people's posts on here Stillborn I have to say you'd be at the top of my list.

LOL why is that? :D

Well..like Mariachi said..."it's not going to be all flowers and birds singing" LOL...but at least some char/plot less obscure development...otherwise is just another "EoE" movie ;P
(Wich i doubt that Anno could do all over again) BUT...since it's Anno...probably we going to have some Trolling going on...and if i may guess....i'ts goingo to be on Asuka or Mari :sniffle:

Jurrasic
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Jurrasic » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:14 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:If there was anyway to BLOCK seeing certain people's posts on here Stillborn I have to say you'd be at the top of my list.

What's wrong with Stillborn? I've never seen him insult anyone or post aggressively with apparent intent to piss people off like someone I could mention who was recently banz0red.

His posts can be a bit depressing some times, but since when is being emo a crime?

Also, Eva is not an anime that is made up of many happy moments. :lol:
"Yes ladies and gentlemen, in France Asuka swears like a sailor and confirms that she's the butch of her apparent lesbian relationship with Mari, Mari insults people that ignore her, and Shinji Ikari tells to Sakura Suzuhara and Misato Katsuragi to go fuck themselves!" -ElMariachi

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:10 pm

Being emo should always be a crime. Lol.

Anywho, it's all in good fun. But what is Banzored? I'm not very adept at internet lingo.

Jurrasic
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Jurrasic » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:45 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Being emo should always be a crime. Lol.

Anywho, it's all in good fun. But what is Banzored? I'm not very adept at internet lingo.

For sure. ;) Good fun is good. One problem with text is that it's not always easy to pick up the tone of what someone says. :ehh:

Banz0red (or pick your l33t spelling of choice) is just an e-nerd variant way of saying banned. I throw in random leetspeek every once in a while, when the urge strikes me.

Random emoticons too for that matter. :bigeyes:
"Yes ladies and gentlemen, in France Asuka swears like a sailor and confirms that she's the butch of her apparent lesbian relationship with Mari, Mari insults people that ignore her, and Shinji Ikari tells to Sakura Suzuhara and Misato Katsuragi to go fuck themselves!" -ElMariachi

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:45 pm

@ Stillborn : For FINAL Shinji will probably cry, grovel and scream a lot, be close to suicide(or even will try suicide, after all he did tried it in EoE and the situation wasn't as catastrophic)... but in the end will manage to more or less put himself back together and find a true reason to fight that will not be "because I'm asked to" or for guilt for what he did. Remember that the preview told us that he will find hope again.

I don't think Asuka will die : Anno teased us with a probable death in 2.0 and 3.0, she escaped certain death too much to simply bit the dust in FINAL

Mari... well it's a possibility, while completely berserk and in an awesome fight on par with Asuka's in EoE, besides she really only live for the EVA and something tells me that once Gendo and the NS will be defeated all of the remaining Evangelions in the world will be destroyed, unless there is still a lot of rogue NS after neo-NERV's destruction, she will gladly continue the fight.

Sakura... no, no more than the young ones in the new Bridge Bunnies : they represent the new generation, the future, especially Sakura, her death would only serves to put Shinji back in his pit of despair, and I don't think Anno is preparing another Komm Susser Tod...

Misato, Ritsuko, Kaji and Koji could bite it, they are the "old generation", they could sacrifice themselves for the sake of the next one.

Then ending will be bittersweet, and more bitter than sweet, but I'm sure that it will be far sweeter than One more final.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:18 pm

Remeber, that 2.0 preview also promised a lot, and we got only pirate Asuka from it. Also remember that Shinji also found hope after Ramiel, and he started to get a little more used to his role... And he got Bardiel. And he found hope from Kaworu in 3.0... Spears of hope anyone? With a spice of impact?

So yeah, Shinji finding hope, means nothing. He WILL act out of guilt, will act in a way that make watcher disgusted and even more fans hate him (because he is designed for it, and it vastly succeded). He will acknowledge what a selfish failure he is and will come back crawling and begging to be usefeul, to the people who first ushedered him into doom machine and later offered him scorn when he used it wrong. Like a beaten wife always comes back for more, when after first spark of rebelion she starts to convincing herself it was all her fault (I'm not saying it lightly as well. I KNOW what I'm talking).

Also everyone says that Eva is a story that repeats. Just everything is made even bigger and harsher.
That means we still get to have Komm Susser Todd for whatever reason (probably something horrible), and get One more final (if you think about it, the next movie literally IS one more final) just with different graphics and more pain.
And bitter sweet things tastes just aweful. There is nothing to be excicted about, if by the end of the horrible day, you get a field with beatifull flowers... Littered with rotting corpses and deseases that will probably kill you soon.

That's the level of ending I can see. Hope is supreficial and dies instantly once you start to realize, you've conquered just the tip of the iceberg of catastrophes.
Another jaded man.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:49 pm

What will you do if the ending turns out positive!

(I think of you as the forum's Eeyore - I hope you don't mind.)
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:06 pm

I don't mind. Better than Christopher Robin who is always on acid and talks to stuffed animals :shifty:

This is Eva so ending can't be positive, but I'll humor you. If it turn out positive, I'll stick to the franchiese and continue to read fanfics and doujins.
Another jaded man.

iihieiii
Lilith

Postby iihieiii » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:25 pm

View Original PostStillborn wrote:I don't mind. Better than Christopher Robin who is always on acid and talks to stuffed animals :shifty:

This is Eva so ending can't be positive, but I'll humor you. If it turn out positive, I'll stick to the franchiese and continue to read fanfics and doujins.

I quite understand your fellings....but i believe that in 4.0 Anno probably gonna break this "repetition" "despair" of Shinji and from the others...and make - not a "happy" ending - but a more hopeful one ;P

I know that is Eva but cmon! Rebuild 4 movies just to make all EoE again is just pure "money service" lol...would be easier just to relaunch all TV series in Full HD then lol

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:08 pm

View Original Postiihieiii wrote:I know that is Eva but cmon! Rebuild 4 movies just to make all EoE again is just pure "money service" lol...would be easier just to relaunch all TV series in Full HD then lol

It would take away the chance of upsetting people with "unexpected"
Another jaded man.

Ænimal
Banned

Postby Ænimal » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:20 pm

Am i the only one who doesn't think the ending will be either a downer or a happy ending? i think it will be something completely unexpected, because that's what i got with the Rebuild movies...

And that is something with which i am entirely comfortable :)

Jurrasic
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Jurrasic » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:26 pm

View Original PostÆnimal wrote:Am i the only one who doesn't think the ending will be either a downer or a happy ending? i think it will be something completely unexpected, because that's what i got with the Rebuild movies...

And that is something with which i am entirely comfortable :)

Naw, I agree with you. Anno is a master troll, and loves nothing so much as confounding people's expectations. Nothing to indicate that this has changed over the years, look at the massive swerve he fed every Eva fan with 3.0. :devil:

I figure the ending will be something that cannot be easily categorized as an outright negative or positive, but will be something fucking strange and probably disturbing as all hell. :um:

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”