[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
gruntyguy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby gruntyguy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:24 pm

Yeah the entire black undercoat is a leather like material. Whether its real leather or not I dont know. Honestly all these people talking about cracking rubber or leather with the RAHs are worrying too much. I just dont see it happening. If you treat it with care like you should, why would anything go wrong? Yeah rubber cracks after time but thats not under normal conditions, unless you keep your house humid (why would you?) And even then theres wax or something to re-moisturize rubber.

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby shaneva002 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:30 pm

People worry because it happens all the time. Like I said before I've had Rahs that eventually had their joints turn to dust and my Asukas plugsuit started to crack. Look at Hot Toys, those are 300-500$ figures and even those with rubber parts start to crack. The key is the movement, if you don't bend the arms much and just leave them alone they'll prob last a long time, but why buy an articulated figure or doll if you can't mess with it. It might not happen to you but it'll most likely happen to a lot of people and they should know that its a possibility that it will happen before throwing down so much cash for one.
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

unit450
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby unit450 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:52 am

Yea with the worries about the RAH Neo Evas other people will have. I try not to recommend them as the best figure, since these are strict luxury items; where one of them would be more suited as a compliment for a collection of RDs or Revos(I see nothing really wrong with either line, myself just like the CAD look on the RDs). Their purpose is more display piece, than articulated toy. Medicom is changing things up a bit with this new Neo line(hindered by the suit a bit but articulation is a match to the RDs with a little more).

SPOILER: Show
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/bx6r.jpg/]Image[/URL]

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/kq8v.jpg/]Image[/URL]

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:People worry because it happens all the time. Like I said before I've had RAHs that eventually had their joints turn to dust and my Asuka's plugsuit started to crack.

I've been meaning to ask if you could take pics of where the Asuka cracked on the suit? Mine has been okay since I got it, but I've largely left it and the Rei as you see it in the bottom pic. A relative who collects the Kamen Riders(and my source for news when he can get to shows) has showed me stuff for minor repairs, but it needs you catch it when it starts; so I'd be nice to have an idea on where to watch for it on my Asuka.

Also what were those other RAHs?
Rei used Smile.
Shinji, Asuk-You know what? EVERYTHING in existence fainted. Even the Fire Hydrant...
Rei defeated Seele!?

Restriktion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Restriktion » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:41 pm

View Original Postunit450 wrote:Yea with the worries about the RAH Neo Evas other people will have. I try not to recommend them as the best figure, since these are strict luxury items; where one of them would be more suited as a compliment for a collection of RDs or Revos(I see nothing really wrong with either line, myself just like the CAD look on the RDs). Their purpose is more display piece, than articulated toy. Medicom is changing things up a bit with this new Neo line(hindered by the suit a bit but articulation is a match to the RDs with a little more).

I agree with you over the RAH Evangelion figures. You also deserve my compliment for those photographs - they are few things surpassing toys playing with toys on my subjective scale of cuteness.

fleeting wrote:RD are ok. I hate that half of the figures are exclusives. So I like Revoltechs better because you get all of the eva units which makes my OCD happy*, PLUS you don't have to spend 3-4 times as much to get half of them. I have ordered a RAH 02 and I fully expect it to blow both the others out of the water.

*edit* Much like pokemon, I gotta catch them all.

Should OCD be short for obsessive-compulsive disorder, in a colloquial manner? Excuse me, i am sadly not that versed in slang.

Also, yay Pokémon mentality!

And why did the SoC SPEC EVA units not enter the comparison by now? Reception among reviews seems to be unusually positive.

Lastly, i have a question regarding older model kits. I recently stumbled upon those EVA kits from Kotobukiya, produced in possibly 1996. Apparently, they are the only entries in Kotobukiya's Technique Impossible line, which covers Evangelion units 00 to 03 with 00' being also featured. Unfortunately, while some western bloggers actually appear to own them, even a quick search on YouTube only yields irrelevant results, among them soccer acrobatics as well as domino shenanigans. I just would like to ask if any of you completed this kit and ask for a picture if possible.

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby shaneva002 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:42 pm

View Original Postunit450 wrote:I've been meaning to ask if you could take pics of where the Asuka cracked on the suit? Mine has been okay since I got it, but I've largely left it and the Rei as you see it in the bottom pic. A relative who collects the Kamen Riders(and my source for news when he can get to shows) has showed me stuff for minor repairs, but it needs you catch it when it starts; so I'd be nice to have an idea on where to watch for it on my Asuka.

Also what were those other RAHs?

I'll try and take a pic later, but its not so much the cracking but what it eventually did. The cracking is not really bad but it started to crack around the plugs in her suit. Because of this her plugs have fallin out and have disappeared lol so now her suit looks like theres 2 holes in the mid section.

The other Rahs were all Asukas, school uniform(Crumbled),Plug Suit(Cracked,pieces popping out/semi crumbled) and the newer rebuild plug suit which is fine but I don't ever touch it.
Last edited by shaneva002 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:42 pm

@Restriktion

I have not heard of any other NGE era Evangelion kits other than that of Bandai, at least not any injection kit. From some Googling, I've found out what you might be looking for. It looks like what ou are referring is a resin kit, not injection kit.

http//www.ict.ne.jp/~kawanami/top1/tikimanman/kotobuki-eva/souzetuevaitirann.htm

check out the above link for some pictures.

Restriktion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Restriktion » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:17 pm

View Original PostTruthfulLie wrote:@Restriktion

I have not heard of any other NGE era Evangelion kits other than that of Bandai, at least not any injection kit. From some Googling, I've found out what you might be looking for. It looks like what ou are referring is a resin kit, not injection kit.

http://www.ict.ne.jp/~kawanami/top1/tikimanman/kotobuki-eva/souzetuevaitirann.htm

check out the above link for some pictures.

They are not just resin kits, because they also utilize vinyl, injection plastic as well as screws for support.

But thank you for finally showing me a picture of this completed EVA-01.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:29 pm

I have a bunch of the Technique Impossible kits (00, 00', 01 and 02) and plan to build them............eventually.....

Need to get a few other things off my work table first.

As far as other NGE era injection kits, Volks made some under the Great Garage Injection label. These are very crude polystyrene injection kits. I have 2 of those (02 and 03) and one of them is what needs to be cleared off the table before the TechImp starts being fiddled with.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:45 pm

@Restriktion
Yeah for the lack of better word, I called it that. But with glimpse of the completed unit, its proportions doesn't look particularly great even by the original's design standard. The torso looks way too thin and exaggerated. It looks even thinner than Bandai's LMHG, which I think had too thin of torso, so even thinner yeah. Either way it looks like it's almost impossible to get one of those now day.

@TMBounty_Hunter
Geez, how do you have those? Did you pick them up off someone or did you buy them way back when and still haven't touched em?
Last edited by TruthfulLie on Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:55 pm

Technique Impossible I found by constantly camping the internet for non-rape prices.

They do pop up often enough. Probably because people are horrified, intimidated and confused once they open the box.

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:05 pm

Interesting how people still have those unassembled to this day. Seeing that it has Sega branding on them, they must be from early days of NGE franchise.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:34 pm

There's tons and tons of unassembled kits of all ages just sitting around in people's houses. More often than not a good model builder will become and ever better model collectors. Some eventually grow to realize what happened and reevaluate their situations, letting go of some stuff. Thanks to that and now the magic of the internet you can find pretty much anything if you look long and hard enough.

Box and inside  SPOILER: Show

Soft Vinyl parts  SPOILER: Show

Polycaps  SPOILER: Show

Nuts and bolts. Bolts you have to cut down to size yourself  SPOILER: Show

Injected plastic frame parts  SPOILER: Show

Injected plastic parts  SPOILER: Show

Resin cast parts  SPOILER: Show

Umbilical cable and Vacuum Formed lenses  SPOILER: Show

Resin cast Longinus, warped a bit  SPOILER: Show

For a bit of size/proportion comparison I ended up finally taking my Bandai Eva-00 off the shelf.
I finished painting this back in 2006 and it's actually the last Eva kit I've finished. Been collecting dust for a few years since the last move

Dust  SPOILER: Show

Leg comparison  SPOILER: Show

Head comparison  SPOILER: Show

Torso armor comparison  SPOILER: Show

Chest plate comparison  SPOILER: Show

Pylon comparison  SPOILER: Show

Lance of Longinus comparison  SPOILER: Show

If you want a bit more info on these kits and why they're more likely to go unassembled, this lovely fellow has scanned the manuals: http://rosc.co/2013/05/kotobukiya-technique-impossible-evas/

Stuff I have to finish before touching the Technique Impossible kits  SPOILER: Show

I've contemplated starting a progress thread here for the various Eva kits I have so that I can force myself to work on them instead of being lazy......but I'm too lazy......

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:28 pm

Wow, nice to see the actual parts! The kit does look like it needs a lot of attention. I mean look at that rifle. LOL. But Lance of Longinus looks rather nice. Personally I'd extend the shaft slightly but it's the best I've seen so far. Most of its rendition from other companies look short, stocky and generally ugly. And yeah the place you linked is the place I got to see the scan of the manuals. Now become un-lazy and start building it!

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:47 pm

Holy cow!
And I whined over the Bandai model Kits (and anyways they ended up looking awful)
I understand now the "impossible" part of the name...

@TMBounty_Hunter: and that's how the failed Evas at Nerv's basement look like!
(no really, how do you allow it to reach that state :facepalm: )
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:32 am

More pictures of upcoming unit 08, and 13.

http//www.amiami.jp/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-000916&page=top

They are including the drone with unit 08, talk about marketing. Either way, 13's head looks pretty awful. And it looks noticeably bigger than the rest of the units. Was this apparent in the film? I don't remember there being a noticeable size difference between 02 and 13 in Q.

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:16 am

Pre-ordered! I thought we were due some Unit 08b news, a little surprised we didn't see any pics before this but whatever. It's nice, not quite as impressed by this as the others but that might be the pictures, they look a little different to the others, even unit 13 looks a little off in the pics with the drone. But that pic of 13 on the amiami blog looks great, gloss and all. Not long to go until that bad boy is in hand.
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:10 am

Oh boy, 08β looks glorious, and the pics are pretty flattering in my opinion - May have to put a pre-order down for it and Eva-02'γ after all. Though I am back in Japan later in the year, so might just grab them in person then.

Hmm...

:chinscratch:

Probably give Evangelion 13 a miss however, as good as it looks.

Edit: Eh, just pre-ordered both of them seeing as the trip's not until November and I'm an impatient git, hehe.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:22 am

Don't get me wrong I'm sure unit 08b is gonna be great it just looks a little off, don't know why, could well be my eyes.

Anywho, even more pics of Eva unit 13 over on amiami's blog, this thing looks amazing! If this is the final product (which imagine it is) revoltech and Yamaguchi have outdone themselves this time. It's great to see such clear and fine detailing on the face. If my figure looks this good I'll be very happy indeed.

http://blog.amiami.com/amiblo/2013/07/06.html
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:54 am

I've never liked Revo's unit 01 face and 13 is basically same head with different detail...they look too elongated and too flat for me. But I've never been a fan of Revo to begin with, so hopefully other companies start jumping on the wagon and release Q figure/kits.

Theron
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Theron » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:25 am

Revo 13's head looks spot on to me, doesn't suffer the "horse face" Evo Unit 1 suffered. Yamaguchi is stepping up his game on this one.

Now I gotta hope we'll see an Awakened Unit 13 somewhere down the line.
WHERE IS MY UNIT 13 BANDAI

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”