If you could work at NERV...

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:51 am

I'd help Ritsuko with doing science.

And ocassionally give the pilots some actual *thanks* for saving my butt.
Or maybe I just wanna hug them and wrap them in a blanket - I suppose the ideal job for that would to be whoever retrieves the entry plugs after the battles XD
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

BC Baron
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby BC Baron » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:38 am

I'd apply for a part-time job as a backup bridge bunny and then immediately convince Maya to take a vacation which just happened to coincide with the same day as the Unit-03 activation test in Matsushiro. That way, I would be covering her duty shift at her control station during the Bardiel battle. When Gendo issued the order to activate the dummy system, I would simply swivel around in my chair to face him, look him in the eye, and respond with:

"Yeah, umm... Ya know what?

No, I don't think so."

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:13 am

View Original PostBC Baron wrote:I'd apply for a part-time job as a backup bridge bunny and then immediately convince Maya to take a vacation which just happened to coincide with the same day as the Unit-03 activation test in Matsushiro. That way, I would be covering her duty shift at her control station during the Bardiel battle. When Gendo issued the order to activate the dummy system, I would simply swivel around in my chair to face him, look him in the eye, and respond with:

"Yeah, umm... Ya know what?

No, I don't think so."

and then you'd die. worst job ever :lol:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:33 am

View Original PostÆnimal wrote:and then you'd die. worst job ever :lol:
Yeah -- I suspect that Gendo would work straight from the Josef Stalin school of problem solving at that point.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:25 pm

Rethinking the question, I might like to have a job in the strategy department. Coming up with all of the ways to effectively bring down an Angel would be an excellent brain teaser. That, and you actually get to talk to other people. When I look for jobs, the amount of human contact that I get is always a plus.

Jurrasic
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Jurrasic » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:03 pm

I'd be the pharmacist who dispenses pills to TEH Rei. :happypills:

Talk about a quiet job, once a week visiting the original moe-munchkin and dropping off meds, then spending the rest of the time spinning around in my chair eating all the percocet I could swindle.

I have a feeling there is a lot of potential for both dog-fuckery jobs and porkbarreling jobs in NERV. :devil:
"Yes ladies and gentlemen, in France Asuka swears like a sailor and confirms that she's the butch of her apparent lesbian relationship with Mari, Mari insults people that ignore her, and Shinji Ikari tells to Sakura Suzuhara and Misato Katsuragi to go fuck themselves!" -ElMariachi

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:10 pm

I'd work in the Evangelion hygiene department and run a gambling ring to decide who's on teeth duty this week.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Latias Prime
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Latias Prime » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:34 pm

I would want to be a cook in the cafeteria, specifically the bakery. I would create delicious food for everyone to enjoy during lunch breaks, and I would go out of my way to send Shinji and the rest of the pilots homemade cookies and cupcakes after every Angel defeat, just to show I care. God knows they need the moral support, and I have found that sweets, while not ideal, are good at cheering you up, even if you are very depressed.

Second choice would be the person in charge of cleaning and detailing the Evas. Someone has to make sure they are clean of any Angel blood and other junk when they are recovered, as well as fix any dents in the armor or scratches in the paint. I expect Asuka would be very particular about Unit-2's appearance and hates it when it gets banged up, so I would want to be on her crew mostly so I can make my favorite character happy. :asuka_happy:
Hi. I'm crazy.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:22 pm

You're probably one of the kindest individuals here, just looking at your post.

Please don't leave any time soon.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Latias Prime
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Latias Prime » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:21 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:You're probably one of the kindest individuals here, just looking at your post.

Please don't leave any time soon.

I am!? Well, thank you! I just think that if I was in Shinji's position I would have felt ten-times better about being a pilot if someone had offered me some freshly-baked cookies and some warm words of encouragement. Pastries and praise, you could say.

Don't worry, I'm going to be here for a while. I don't know how much I can contribute, but the characters and mythology of Evangelion fascinate me, and the people here seem like a quirky yet friendly bunch who are willing to discuss almost everything related to the franchise. I just want to give my two cents about things, ponder the mysteries of Evangelion and maybe have a good laugh too.
Hi. I'm crazy.

Yadda
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Yadda » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:39 pm

I'd probably be a strategist of some sort. Or a computer repair technician.

Either way I'd make time out of my schedule every day to go visit with Shinji, try to be friends with the poor guy. He definitely needs it.
God's in his heaven, and to be honest everything's pretty much screwed.

Deva Victrix
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Deva Victrix » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:42 pm

View Original PostCatamari wrote:"The Evas were hungry. For that reason, God delivered us a massive octahedron of Bleu Cheese."

Lel, imagine if there was a pizza angel and Shogouki ate it.

Then she started demanding pizzas every day and going berserk when she doesn't get any.

I wonder if Eva units can get fat or have heart disease. All that cheese can't be good for Yui's heart.

ON TOPIC:

I would be the person who cleans Misato's toilet seat.
THINGS AND STUFF.

Avatar: Werewolf Asuka(THE BEST Asuka.)

Makoto Kirashii
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Makoto Kirashii » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:02 am

View Original PostLatias Prime wrote:I am!? Well, thank you!

Anyone willing to be nice to the Redhead of Wrath has to be a kind person, in my book. Me, I'd be the sort to just whack her upside the back of the head, push her towards Shinji and wave to them as I walked away, "Go get a room and relieve that sexual tension before one of you ends up with a nosebleed from all the internal pressure. Both of you are being oblivious."

Of course we all know how that would go. :lol: Knowing my own tendencies, I'd probably want to work in Section 2, if just for the capability to play around with them a bit, especially where Ryouji Kaji was involved. Plus, you know their clearance has got to be through the roof. Nothing like having full roam of the Geofront and NERV HQ held in the palm of your hand.

Barring that, I'd probably want to work under Ritsuko. Specifically working on the MAGI supercomputer. All that processing power... :drool:

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby chaosakita » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:13 am

I wouldn't work at NERV.
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:50 am

If i could work at NERV...I would stalk Maya, eventually tie her, take her to my [s:1mh74s5v]basement[/s:1mh74s5v] secret lair, and force her watch an anime called Evangelion.

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:23 pm

I'd tell Shinji to avoid androgynous males with white hair.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:30 pm

View Original PostDeva Victrix wrote:I would be the person who cleans Misato's toilet seat.

Not sure if actually being her toilet seat would be better...... :uhh:
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:40 pm

View Original PostAtropos wrote:I'd tell Shinji to avoid androgynous males with white hair.....

And tell him to go for Toji!

:hahaha:

But seriously, I'd would probably like to work a long side Kaji 'cuz he's hot.....and be his side dish.

LegionWrex
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby LegionWrex » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:42 pm

Anything involving the computers. It's the only thing I'm good at :sniffle: .
"....Bang." -Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)
"Shorty?!? Can a shorty do this?!?" -Edward Elric (FMA)
"I've had many lives, many faces. But there is one face I try to forget..." -The Doctor (Doctor Who)
"So say we all!" -Admiral Adama (Battlestar Galactica)
"The only impossible is impossibility!" -Phineas Flynn (Phineas and Ferb)
"Screw you guys, I'm going home!" -Eric Cartman (South Park)

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:36 pm

Probably find my way to become Chief of Security.

Cool benefits, probably decent pay (relatively), and I get a gun. Everything is better with guns. Also, I get to see Misato, Ritsuko, and the pilots basically whenever, so there.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”