[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:35 am

Nice review of Unit 08. http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/51882371.html#more

A little rough around the edges but pretty good all round I'd say, can't wait for mine to arrive.
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:39 am

Who else would like to see Max Factory take a pot shot at doing Evangelion unit action figures? Figmas are absolutely brilliant (most of the time) after all, and I reckon an Eva unit using Figma joints/technology could work well.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:45 am

View Original PostGojimatt wrote:Nice review of Unit 08. http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/51882371.html#more

A little rough around the edges but pretty good all round I'd say, can't wait for mine to arrive.

The translate feature on Chrome rendered the review barely comprehensible, but it looked like a good, fair review.

The actual figure design looks nice, with well made joints and good articulation (aside from the waist, which NEEDS MOAR JOINTS) but the glossy paint job issue strikes again, and the sculpting, whilst good, was a bit rounded at the edges. Also, the paint finish seemed a little sloppy.

Still, looks good. How well does it scale to Robot Damashii Evangelions?
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

steve_stevenson
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby steve_stevenson » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:24 am

^mite b cool but the Eva units already have plenty of action figures. I would cry if they made those before doing Figma Misato, Shinji or Kaworu.

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby shaneva002 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:23 pm

Got my EvaEvo 08a in today, sadly can't find my camera for pics but i'm sure someone will post some.
The paint on mine is actually pretty good, not really sloppy at all. Its cool that they are stating to use clear revo joints for the stands now hope this is a new trend.
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:14 pm

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:Got my EvaEvo 08a in today,

Its cool that they are stating to use clear revo joints for the stands now hope this is a new trend.

I'm starting to regret I didn't got one... And that I sold Eva 02 :uhh:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Restriktion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Restriktion » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:17 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Still, looks good. How well does it scale to Robot Damashii Evangelions?

The Robot Damashii variants are 16cm tall while the Kaiyodo Evangelion Evolution versions from #100 (EVA-01) to #134(EVA-08α) are 14cm tall. Those beyond, beginning with #136 (EVA-13) will be 16cm tall, too, at least according to the package.

shaneva002 wrote:Got my EvaEvo 08a in today, sadly can't find my camera for pics but i'm sure someone will post some.
The paint on mine is actually pretty good, not really sloppy at all. Its cool that they are stating to use clear revo joints for the stands now hope this is a new trend.

Care to remember that the clear joint isn't bendable. I am well aware that this might be considered obvious, but had a bad expierience with that back in November.

Now, i am contemplating if i should buy the sheer amount of new Revoltech Evangelion units or just wait for the Robot Damashii releases, as i personally only need one figure per mech. At the same time, i ponder if Bandai will ever make them. It seems unlikely for them to not intend to profit from those designs, although i know i am talking about Bandai here.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, and since i still have to find out where to ask this otherwise, is anyone knowing about box splits for the new Kaiyodo Gurren Lagann set? I know there are specified clubs over at MFC, but they appear to be outdated. If you can point me in the right direction or have some of them to sell, please send me a PM about it.

fleeting
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby fleeting » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:24 pm

View Original Poststeve_stevenson wrote:^mite b cool but the Eva units already have plenty of action figures. I would cry if they made those before doing Figma Misato, Shinji or Kaworu.

Completely agree. Shinji never gets figures. I want each pilot in Figma and Fraulein (ha!) form.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:42 pm

View Original PostRestriktion wrote:...Kaiyodo Evangelion Evolution versions from #100 (EVA-01) to #134(EVA-08α) are 14cm tall. Those beyond, beginning with #136 (EVA-13) will be 16cm tall, too, at least according to the package.

Wait...
You're saying my Mark.09, when I get it, won't be to scale with the Mark.06 I just bought?

:|

Got my EvaEvo 08a in today, sadly can't find my camera for pics but i'm sure someone will post some.

Yes, find that camera, haha. Or someone else post pics please!
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby shaneva002 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:00 pm

View Original PostRestriktion wrote:Care to remember that the clear joint isn't bendable. I am well aware that this might be considered obvious, but had a bad expierience with that back in November.

Ya they're not bendable but that's the point of them. Theres more stability to the stand when the joint is solid, theres no wobbling and this eva needs that stability cause its very top heavy with the shield and extended stand piece(Wish the Revo Anubis had this solid joint cause he wobbles a lot without it.).You wouldn't be using this joint on the eva anyway and it being clear makes the setup look a lot more nice.

Heres 2 quick pics with my brothers camera.Sorry about the glare......

08 and all its contents.
[URL=http://s1147.photobucket.com/user/shaneva002/media/P6170291_zps3ce9bcb5.jpg.html]Image[/URL]

08(with a modded Pistol from one of the old Xebec Evas) and 02 with the grappling hook arm.
[URL=http://s1147.photobucket.com/user/shaneva002/media/P6170293_zps6c246265.jpg.html]Image[/URL]

Group shot.
[URL=http://s1147.photobucket.com/user/shaneva002/media/P6170295_zps333e0f28.jpg.html]Image[/URL]

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:35 pm

View Original Postfleeting wrote:Completely agree. Shinji never gets figures. I want each pilot in Figma and Fraulein (ha!) form.

Well see Gendo doing a Hawaiian dance on 4.0 before that :wink:

In other news, moving on with the video reviews of my collection, the 2.0 mold Eva 01 and 02
Now in actual HD!

(and given what happens with Eva 02 you can't say I'm not impartial about Revos! :facepalm: )

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:46 pm

heh. Now you just need a giant Wuunder playset for them to fight over. :lol:
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:15 pm

Man, I'd kill for a decently scaled Wunder kit!
One day, hopefully...

Awesome pics too Shane - Thanks for sharing. That Eva-04 Revo (Or should we call it Mark.04?) looks good. Think I can feel it calling to me and I don't know why, haha. Maybe because it's something of an enigma even more so now.

Will have to keep an eye out for one second-hand, I think.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Shinies » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:50 pm

Long time since I've been here, good to see that one figure thread is now dived in 3 threads and all busting with life.

I've been away for some time but still from time to time I try to keep up with news and I haven't seen anything on Bandai side aside from their kits, anyone know if the Damashii Evas will resurface?

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:42 am

View Original Postfleeting wrote:Completely agree. Shinji never gets figures. I want each pilot in Figma and Fraulein (ha!) form.

Thirded. We need a Figma of puppy boy, and possibly Kaworu too.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:59 am

In the interests of ending the 3.0 segregation policy once and for all, please redirect any posts in this thread to the more general eva action figures thread, HERE, which has been promoted to a sticky (and renamed, since it was actually a continuation of a prior thread).

A merge of these two would be a huge mess and would push the combination nearly to the 100 page limit, so this thread will just have to fade into obscurity as-is.
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:07 am

In the interests of ending the 3.0 segregation policy, the Q action figure thread has been locked and any further posts on the subject should just go here instead. This shouldn't be a big change as you've already got some Q stuff in here as it is.

This thread has been promoted to sticky, and also slightly renamed to note that it was actually a continuation of a former thread.

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:11 pm

As much as I adore Rei, I don't like how she, Asuka, and Kaworu always overshadow Shinji when it comes to merchandise. Puppy Boy needs love too! We also need more Toji to compliment his girlfr.....I mean Shinji, his boy.

BTW, awesome pic of Godzilla and Mark.06, Blue Monday!

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby shaneva002 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:27 pm

Well since the Q forum is locked and will disappear soon here are the pics I took of 08a.

Contents.
[URL=http://s1147.photobucket.com/user/shaneva002/media/P6170291_zps3ce9bcb5.jpg.html]Image[/URL]

Action pose with 02 with the grappling hook and a modded Xebec Eva pistol for 08.
[URL=http://s1147.photobucket.com/user/shaneva002/media/P6170293_zps6c246265.jpg.html]Image[/URL]

Group shot.
[URL=http://s1147.photobucket.com/user/shaneva002/media/P6170295_zps333e0f28.jpg.html]Image[/URL]

Awesome figure!

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:39 pm

Ok, I regret not buying it :irked:
I guess I'll have to wait 'till it appears second hand in Mandarake...

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”