Favorite Quotes

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:00 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:b) underageb& gtfo

Not for Griff she ain't.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:33 am

View Original PostXard wrote:Of course you can tell /a/ has idiotic teenagers all over the place nevertheless.

I believe the idiotic teenagers are one of the least problematic things about /a/, it's just an awful board for awful people. Their own Elitism will be their undoing in the future.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:35 am

View Original PostSgt. Griff wrote:I didn't realize /a/ was age restricted.
You didn't read global rule #2, did you.

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Not for Griff she ain't.
No, he is the underageb& (for violating said global rule).
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:31 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:No, he is the underageb& (for violating said global rule).

Ah, I see. Didn't understand what Xard was saying there.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:46 am

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:I believe the idiotic teenagers are one of the least problematic things about /a/, it's just an awful board for awful people. Their own Elitism will be their undoing in the future.

It's funny because you could say both about this place just as validly

(and just as validly these two boards are only boards in the internet where you can have anime discussion of any value)

Also looked up the source for moot quote as well as some mention of moot saying as much in some "Q&A session" but don't know what that was referring to.

Baghsie wrote:Ah, I see. Didn't understand what Xard was saying there.

so wait, what did you think I was saying?

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:19 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:so wait, what did you think I was saying?

I thought you were jabbing him for going for an underage girl, which would be a fair cop for most of us but not so much for him.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Wed May 29, 2013 5:58 am

Rudi: Is it so wrong for a man to love his guitar?
Spider: It is when he puts his balls inside it and strums himself to ecstasy.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Wed May 29, 2013 6:10 am

Hayao Miyazaki wrote:The concept of portraying evil and then destroying it - I know this is considered mainstream, but I think it is rotten. This idea that whenever something evil happens someone particular can be blamed and punished for it, in life and in politics is hopeless.

Children understand intuitively that the world they have been born into is not a blessed world.

Personally I am very pessimistic. But when, for instance, one of my staff has a baby you can't help but bless them for a good future. Because I can't tell that child, "Oh, you shouldn't have come into this life." And yet I know the world is heading in a bad direction. So with those conflicting thoughts in mind, I think about what kind of films I should be making.

I'm not going to make movies that tell children, "You should despair and run away".
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

nervshatter
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby nervshatter » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:59 pm

"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum."

-Roddy Piper

:lol:
*sigh* just kill me already.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:11 pm

"As you get older you will gain a bit more control over everything. Don't let anyone, even your parents, break you. Find good people who care about you and surround yourself with just them. If you can't find them at first, find good music and fall into it and let it hold you until they come..."
—Davey Havok
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:43 pm

"What we have here is a failure to communicate." ~Boss, Cool Hand Luke

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:47 pm

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut

nervshatter
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby nervshatter » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:58 pm

"The wise tyrant always ensures that his prisons are designed for his personal escape."
*sigh* just kill me already.

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:08 pm

"If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong"
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:15 pm

"Occam was a medieval old fart who didn't know what he was talking about." ~Teresa, First Meetings

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:21 pm

"You see, I think drugs have done some good things for us, I really do. And if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor: go home tonight, take all your albums, all your tapes and all your CDs and burn them. 'Cause you know what, the musicians that made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years? rrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal fucking high on drugs." - Bill Hicks

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 am

"Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die."

~Malachy McCourt
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:19 am

History is not happenstance; it is conspiratorial. Carefully planned and executed by people in power.
(not sure of the source, but I like it...and it's true)

I'm an outsider by choice, but not truly. It's the unpleasantness of the system that keeps me out. I'd rather be in, in a good system. That's where my discontent comes from: being forced to choose to stay outside. My advice: Just keep movin' straight ahead. Every now and then, you find yourself in a different place.
-George Carlin

Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life... You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore.
-Neil Gaiman, Sandman vol.9: The Kindly Ones (hmm, I wonder who this could be fitting for...)
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:22 am

“Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I'm not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you've felt that way.”

“I had no interests. I had no interests in anything. I had no idea how I was going to escape. At least the others had some taste for life. They seemed to understand something that I didn't understand. Maybe I was lacking. It was possible. I often felt inferior. I just wanted to get away from them. But there was no place to go. Suicide? Jesus Christ, just more work. I felt like sleeping for five years but they wouldn't let me.”

“Someday,” I told Jan, “when they demonstrate that the world has four dimensions instead of just three, a man will be able to go for a walk and just disappear. No burial, no tears, no illusions, no heaven or hell. People will be sitting around and they’ll say, ‘What happened to George?’ And somebody will say, ‘Well, I don’t know. He said he was going out for a pack of cigarettes.”

All three are by one of my favorite authors, Charles Bukowski.
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

Falcon_of_the_Sun
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Falcon_of_the_Sun » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:39 am

"My son asked me to explain women to him, so I bought him an XBOX game for his Playstation" @WolfpackAlan (not sure it's actually his)

"The person who does not worry about the future will shortly have worries about the present" - NN

"Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things." - Peter Drucker

"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember, from time to time, that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught." - Oscar Wilde

"[…] But all I say is that women have no feelings. Because it's actually men, you'll find, who are the far more romantic. Men are the people you will hear say: «I've found somebody. She's amazing. If I don't get to be with this person, I'm fucked. I can't carry on. I know I mean it, she has totally transformed my life. I have a job, I have a flat, but it means nothing. I can't stand it, I have to be with her. Because if I don't, I'm gonna end up in some bedsit, I'll be alcoholic, I'll have itchy trousers, I can't... I can't walk the streets anymore.» Now that, is how women feel about shoes." - Dylan Moran

"The reason why most critics love Elvis Costello and hate Van Halen is that most critics look like Elvis Costello" - David Lee Roth

"Being a rightwinger in your 20s might mean having no heart. Not being one in your 40s might mean having no brain" (not sure)

"It reminds me of that old joke- you know, a guy walks into a psychiatrist's office and says, hey doc, my brother's crazy! He thinks he's a chicken. Then the doc says, why don't you turn him in? Then the guy says, I would but I need the eggs. I guess that's how I feel about relationships. They're totally crazy, irrational, and absurd, but we keep going through them because we need the eggs." Woody Allen

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”