[MANGA] [NGE] New Manga Stage Thread

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
SimplyMason0
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby SimplyMason0 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:16 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:You don't deserve to know if you can't be bothered to read the last few pages or so for yourself.

Thats harsh.

Its not that easy to find even when they are just translated. Even when they are around, its in some .rar file or some complicated bull that no one is going to download or care just for a manga page.

I only got it by someone posting the entire chapter on 4chan when the hype was out.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:53 pm

Late to the party. I've not really followed the manga much at all, only catching glimpses of new volumes every now and then, and haven't purchased nor collected any of them. ANYWAYS, I wouldn't mind the ending quite so much, if as other said they actually remembered the shit they went through. While I am a sucker for sappy or really happy endings in a lot of stuff, not remembering everything they fought for or went through sort of cheapens the happy ending. To me an ideal ending for all EVA-dom is Shinji and Asuka do find the will to live and go on with their lives, but not necessarily being a ship. Even for them to tolerate and be friendly with each other is good for me; as long as they do WHAT THEY WANT TO DO. That is find something for themselves. As both of their existences and values were pretty much placed solely in Eva for so long. Even with a reset/memory change/etc, I think as long as they make a better life for themselves and do what Misato, Yui and the others wanted and found their own reasons for living. In short, the ideal ending would be one where Evas and Angel weren't a "thing" in the world anymore and the cast go on to live real lives and deal with their issues.
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Darkwing » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:25 pm

Well this is probably going to go over better with people who didn't like the TV or EOE endings. Although if your favorate charecters were Misato, Rei or Kaworu, then you might still be a bit upset.

Shit Rei's my fav!

Remember no matter how many versions of Eva we get we will never ever get a Shinji/Rei ending.

On the upside you can possibly explain this ending to someone a lot easier than the others.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

SimplyMason0
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby SimplyMason0 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 pm

Toji has the worst fate in my opinion. He was a kid fighting for his sister and got killed cause Shinji didn't even try to save him. He gets forgotten by his friends and sister. There is no implications he is alive. The fact that he got spared twice by Anno, its not 2deep4u and he was a lot more kind to a more asshole Shinji makes it MUCH more tragic.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:09 pm

View Original PostSimplyMason0 wrote:Thats harsh.

I think BlueMonday means the last few pages of this thread. Still, no need for folks being rude to each other.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:35 pm

An english translation can be found here...

Godd, 'cuz I was about to translate here the spanish one I had XD

No links to scans, please read the :rulez:

Other
A. Copyrighted Media
Do not ask for, or provide links to, sites illegally hosting copyrighted media. If you want to download the entire show, its soundtracks, and scans of the entire manga, fine -- but do it without involving the forum.
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:52 pm

InstrumentalityOne made an English scan last week, you can find it in the usual places.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:51 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:An english translation can be found here...

Godd, 'cuz I was about to translate here the spanish one I had XD

No links to scans, please read the :rulez:

Oops, sorry...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:13 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:InstrumentalityOne made an English scan last week, you can find it in the usual places.

Damn right, 12 hour release window speedclear with /a/ sticky

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:39 am

View Original PostelemileTLDR wrote:Shinji, quite simply, cannot be forgiven; he must first pay for everything to deserve an end at all.

Jeez, man. That's harsh on the poor kid.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

gwern
Ireul
Ireul

Postby gwern » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:47 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:- Sadamoto really wanted to put snow at the end of Eva, even asking Anno to put it in EoE, since he thought that it would be a good change for a series that always took place in deep summer. And finally he put this idea which he had kept for >15 years into the manga at Stage 94, and lest just the snow would look boring he put the snowing scene with the broken giant Rei. Also he said that he alwyas wanted the last stage to take place with snow on ground.

So *that* is where the snow idea for EoE came from! I've been wondering why Anno would have such an idea for EoE ever since I found Okada's comments on that.

On Fuyutsuki: Sadamoto joked that he looks like a bad guy in the manga. He also considers him as the character he finds most difficult to understand. In order to work for so long and so close to Gendou he must have his own motivation. At first he was not sure what that should be, but later he came up with the idea that the root of the motivation for both Gendou and Fuyutsuki would be "infatuation with Yui". And so it becomes "the story began with Yui's self-indulgence and it also ends with that".

That's a remarkably critical summary. Is Sadamoto's phrasing really as hostile as 'self-indulgence' or 'infatuation'?
Last edited by gwern on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 am

Sadamoto is a believer in Evil!Yui?

Strange, I thought the manga gave her a fairly positive depiction...
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

SimplyMason0
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby SimplyMason0 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:49 am

She showed no signs of corruption or evilness.

I even think she trusted Fuyutsuki to tell Gendo her true motive but Fuyutsuki hide it from Gendo causing his turn.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:38 am

Have almost got the entire manga translated in a folder on computer ready to be read front to back one day. Just need Chapter 95. Curses.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:59 am

View Original PostSimplyMason0 wrote:I even think she trusted Fuyutsuki to tell Gendo her true motive but Fuyutsuki hide it from Gendo causing his turn.

Not exactly : she told Fuyutsuki her true motives with the contact experiment and asked him to don't tell it to Gendo because then he will find a way to prevent her to make said experiment, and also asked him to look for Gendo after that to keep his darker side in check and prevent him to ditch their plan or try something crazy to bring Yui back... I think we can all agree that he did a pretty lousy job!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

qwdc
Embryo

Postby qwdc » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:52 am

Am I the only one who felt emotional after reading the last chapter? I started on the manga about 3 or 4 years ago without even bothering to finish the anime first (I was an oddball who finished EoE first). I lost track of it after a few hiatuses or so, but I became really invested in the manga once I returned following it. It didn't bother me that Sadamoto was taking so long to finish each chapter since I enjoyed spending the downtime guessing if the next chapter would follow or deviate from its source material.

Now that it's over, I am really sad to see one of my favorite serialized manga concluded. I've always supported Sadamoto take on the series, even his decision to make the "reset" ending. Okay, there are still a bunch of plot holes and we may not have been provided the full closure we wanted, but something about Shinji fulfilling his duty as the "protector of the world's happiness" really touched me. Everyone says Shinji is back to square one in the last chapter, but the last few pages tells me he is carrying a bit more optimism than before. I like to think that part of his character progression from his life prior was carried over onto his next life.

Anyways, now that the manga's over, all there is left to do is wait for the last Rebuild. Who knows if the franchise will produce anything of integrity then? It would be sad to expect nothing but awkward manga spin-offs and Japanese-only video games...
When we speak we are afraid our words will not be heard or welcomed. But when we are silent, we are still afraid. So it is better to speak.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:20 pm

Just read it, kinda meh, but who said this is not a Shinji Asuka ending ? she clearly attracted to him first sight, and he kinda remembers her, she is clearly going to the same school that he is just like kensuke. BTW i wonder what the colour of her trenchcoat is, if it's red she didn't change, if its another colour she did.....i enviosioned it blue

I already envision a spin off, problably by someone else then sadamoto hopefully.
School stories are all there is in Japan.
ANATA BAKA !?

Grimmjow
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Grimmjow » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:17 pm

Late comment to this hilarious crapstorm.

I thought the ending was sweet, especially the last scene with Shinji asking to hold Rei's hand. It was definitely an extremely positive ending.

However, I found the memory reset to be...unsettling. EOE had a positive ending too, but it was tempered by the knowledge that everything was still screwed up and humanity would have to rebuild completely, all while having a Giant Decapitated Rei Head glaring at them.

This ending on the other hand, just gives us a lame, "lol they don't remember anything" copout. So Shinji learns nothing other than having vague memories of an alternate time and getting a change at life without Angels and Evas. It was a very disappointing ending, especially with all the other great chapters just before it.

However, this ending does give amo to the theory that Eva takes place in a permanent loop world.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:06 am

Reprint of the last chapter is out and it included a ton more messages from other people.

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-2403.html

Yamashita wrote:また新劇エヴァ・シンで御一緒できるのを楽しみにしております

Google makes it to something like "I look forward to our work on Final" ?

I really wish these pages with everyone's messages would get scaned. Last time one whole page wasn't :\
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

ts2mars
Embryo

Postby ts2mars » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:44 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:Just read it, kinda meh, but who said this is not a Shinji Asuka ending ? she clearly attracted to him first sight, and he kinda remembers her, she is clearly going to the same school that he is just like kensuke. BTW i wonder what the colour of her trenchcoat is, if it's red she didn't change, if its another colour she did.....i enviosioned it blue

Since I'm a pretty big S/A shipper, I would love to interpret the ending this way. However, I agree with AlphaGamma that it feels like a hello and farewell encounter, which makes me sad.

View Original PostAlphaGamma wrote:Asuka and Shinji's encounter was especially disappointing (and sad, in a certain way). After all that they've gone through, forgetting about each other and having their relationship "reset", doesn't feel right. 18 years and they are back to the beginning...
I know people probably think that they are going to meet each other again and that it is only the beginning of a new relationship, but to me it felt very much like a "hello and farewell"-kind of meeting. Essentially a weird way to give them some closure.
The fact that Shinji tries to stop her from leaving (if i understood it right) but fails to do so (because Kensuke interrupts him) makes it feel like a missed opportunity that won't present itself again. Shinji blushing, Asuka thanking him (more or less) is probably all that there will be between them in the "new" world.

I agree, I really don't like the reset memory thing since it feels like everything that happened meant nothing. And the fact that Shinji and Asuka probably won't ever meet again makes it worse for me :sniffle: . Up until this ending I had really liked the manga. I much preferred the Re-take ending!

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”