What Do You Think Rebuild will have?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
The Goose
Matarael
Matarael

Postby The Goose » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:53 pm

And I, actually, hope that Asuka and Shinji were the main couple in the orginal series. That way, maybe, Rei andn Shinji could get together.

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Fearthebait » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:58 pm

meh, i doubt it. highly.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:44 pm

Fearthebait wrote:im gonna go ahead and say ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Heh. Ever seen an anime where 17 old girls have the bodies of 12yo's and they fight to take their adulthood back?

One of our latest Gainax had princesses and stuff too, beware. But well, you're probably right. Don't know how much "Gainax" is doing for webuild (yep, I love this one)
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

The Goose
Matarael
Matarael

Postby The Goose » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:54 pm

Fearthebait wrote:meh, i doubt it. highly.

Why do A/S again?

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby TriLink » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:00 pm

The Goose wrote:Why do A/S again?

Because incest is baaaaaaaaaad!! :evil:

Unless you've read the Angel Sanctuary Manga that is...
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Fearthebait » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:01 pm

TriLink12 wrote:
The Goose wrote:Why do A/S again?

Because incest is baaaaaaaaaad!! :evil:

Unless you've read the Angel Sanctuary Manga that is...

that left bad memories

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:03 pm

The Goose wrote:We know that Rei and Kaworu won't be Lilith and Adam.

They'll be weird, pale, red-eyed kids for no reason?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Fearthebait » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:05 pm

Reichu wrote:
The Goose wrote:We know that Rei and Kaworu won't be Lilith and Adam.

They'll be weird, pale, red-eyed kids for no reason?

That is Correct.

The Goose
Matarael
Matarael

Postby The Goose » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:17 pm

Well, if Anno just did everything the same, then this would happen:

(Rei sucks all the souls into herself)

Eva fan: Yep...Anno did a great job with Rebuild.

Ritsuko: These are nothing more than shells and replacements.

Eva fan: Is this re-used animation!?!?

(Rei disappears)

(Eva fan crys for lack of originality)

If theres anything else I would like to happen, I'd like Asuka to be the one who gets all the bad shit thrown at her, rather than Rei being the one who dies in the end. But if you guys want the same stuff to happen, then watch the original Eva, not this one. Its NEW!!!

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:21 pm

I'm all for something new. Rehashing the orginal series is kinda pointless, though Gainax has made a fortune doing so. This is all provided that it doesn't affect the orginal series of corse.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

The Goose
Matarael
Matarael

Postby The Goose » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:25 pm

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:I'm all for something new. Rehashing the orginal series is kinda pointless, though Gainax has made a fortune doing so. This is all provided that it doesn't affect the orginal series of corse.

Anno isn't going to change anything in the original series. Though if Rei lives and she and Shinji get together, I bet that this thread will be filled up with nothing more than people bitching that Asuka got shit on and people agreeing that the original was better. Is the animation going to be the same and is Sadamoto's character designs going to be used?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:27 pm

The Goose wrote:If theres anything else I would like to happen, I'd like Asuka to be the one who gets all the bad shit thrown at her

Like, roughly the second half of the series is spent on Asuka's Systematic Ego Discumbobulation, which manages to throw in a suicide attempt and a gruesome death. Not good enough for you?

rather than Rei being the one who dies in the end.

Oh, let's not start THAT.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby TriLink » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:55 pm

Reichu wrote:
The Goose wrote:If theres anything else I would like to happen, I'd like Asuka to be the one who gets all the bad shit thrown at her

Like, roughly the second half of the series is spent on Asuka's Systematic Ego Discumbobulation, which manages to throw in a suicide attempt and a gruesome death. Not good enough for you?

We've just found the one person on the planet who thinks Asuka had it too easy...

Asuka's story is one of the most depressing in anime history in my opinion. Should Anno make it any worse I may be the one in the bathtub about to off myself. It's hard for me to feel sorry for Rei on the other hand, seeing as how she's an emotionless "doll" as Asuka so elegantly put it. Unless she goes all GOS 2 like in Rebuild, I wouldn't mind seeing her get some MORE shit thrown at her. Maybe this time around someone will stir up a reaction out of her.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:00 pm

Pff, what happened to Asuka was perfect irony. All the shit she threw in other peoples faces came flying back into hers. I have no sympathy for Asuka because of the way she treats people.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:09 pm

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:Pff, what happened to Asuka was perfect irony. All the shit she threw in other peoples faces came flying back into hers. I have no sympathy for Asuka because of the way she treats people.

You know she did it for attention right... :shock:
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"
"The need is the justification, there are no other factors to consider."- Gendo Ikari

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/willaym
Website to my NGE Essay: http://opteron-o3.angelfire.com/index.html

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby TriLink » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:11 pm

Just because a 14 yr old kid gets an attitude with some people she deserves humiliation and a horrible death?

Aren't you being a little hard on the poor girl?

Katayoku no Tenshi
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Katayoku no Tenshi » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:15 pm

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:Pff, what happened to Asuka was perfect irony. All the shit she threw in other peoples faces came flying back into hers. I have no sympathy for Asuka because of the way she treats people.
... That's weird ... I can't see the invisible irony tags ... Image
Last edited by Katayoku no Tenshi on Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:17 pm

Asuka is just like my older cousin who tried to ruin my realationship with my grandfather for... you guessed it, attention. I suppose you'll be telling me the kick she gave Shinji in episode 09 was justified. There is NO excuse for the way either of them treat other people. Asuka's look at me, I'm the greatest attitude really rubs me the wrong way. Knowing someone just like her I know what kind of horrible things that personality is capable of.

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:24 pm

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:Asuka is just like my older cousin who tried to ruin my realationship with my grandfather for... you guessed it, attention. I suppose you'll be telling me the kick she gave Shinji in episode 09 was justified. There is NO excuse for the way either of them treat other people. Asuka's look at me, I'm the greatest attitude really rubs me the wrong way. Knowing someone just like her I know what kind of horrible things that personality is capable of.

Good point. But even then, nobody deserves anything. They have problems that need to be resolved.
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"
"The need is the justification, there are no other factors to consider."- Gendo Ikari

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/willaym
Website to my NGE Essay: http://opteron-o3.angelfire.com/index.html

Katayoku no Tenshi
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Katayoku no Tenshi » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:24 pm

It's not 'Justified' I would have expected a more balanced comment from you AEF I guess I know why now. But still horrible painful death?

Oh I just got what kick you were referring to, I always took that to be for comedic purposes ...
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”