What's The Most Blatant Fanservice You've Seen In An Anime?

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

bogey
Embryo

What's The Most Blatant Fanservice You've Seen In An Anime?

•      
  •      

Postby bogey » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:53 am

probably queens blade

lol

literally the entire thing

visual novels and its adaptations have ruined anime imo
there was a hole here

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:00 am

We have an anime & manga section.

And on topic: Rei's apartment scene in NGE's episode 5.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

nervshatter
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby nervshatter » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:33 am

Highschool of the Dead - Matrix boobs!.

Rosario Vampire - I heard the manga is better idk though.

Ikki Tousen - Garbage! didn't even bother finishing.

Strike Witches - Not bad but no reason for all those pantsu shots.
*sigh* just kill me already.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:40 am

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt pretty much the whole series
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Redtophat » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:41 am

HotD, Ikki Tousen, and Queen's Blade by far.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:17 am

Bogey, have you looked closely before posting that we have an ANIME AND MANGA subforum? :facepalm:

Also, sounds like you're trolling.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:42 am

The Eiken livestream comes to mind.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:12 am

The answer to the thread will depend on quite how bad your taste has been and are willing to admit.

I'd probably go for the first half episode of Elfen Lied, but the puffy vulvae in the first seconds of Strike Witches give it a run for its money. And I'm not admitting anything else.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:21 am

In my case, High School of the Dead. And I loved every minute of it.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:36 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:I'd probably go for the first half episode of Elfen Lied

Why cut it short? The fanservice remains long into the series and the most absurd instances are in other episodes.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:11 am

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:Why cut it short?
Because it never quite reaches the intensity of naked girl on a killing spree after that.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:05 am

We do get random boob squeezing action however, and for no apparent reason, this type of gratuitous sexual insinuation beats a naked body in my opinion.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:08 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:And on topic: Rei's apartment scene in NGE's episode 5.

You can't really pick this one after Gunbuster, I think.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:28 pm

Well after about 10 minutes of agent aika naked mission I was getting kinda tired of seeing panty shots, so I would say agent aika. Seriously, that anime was like panty shot in like every other scene.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:41 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:You can't really pick this one after Gunbuster, I think.

Yeah, that bathing scene really hits you over the head with tits.

But then again, who doesn't like tits? Most everyone sucks on 'em at some point in their lives.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:23 am

The nudity thing by itself isn't what I'd consider "blatant" as the camera framing or the stuff that's there that serve no purpose other than to be there (like parodies, cameos, random ecchi, etc). I've got tags in my MAL list for "tits" and/or "panties" so most of these are easy to pick out, but among the most "blantant" of them is probably Agent Aika, Najica, Green Green, Girls Bravo, and maybe Kanokon and Ikki Tousen's first season. Even moreso for the ones that have OVA side-stories, which serve no purpose other than exclusive fanservice without the need to censor.

moonwolf2024
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby moonwolf2024 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:10 pm

Almost forgot abot Najica. I would add Blue Seed and Cutey Honey to that list. Blue seed had the imfamous panty shots with cute characters.
Maybe if you shut up and stop over analyzing everything you just might get it........

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:51 am

In terms of anime I've actually watched at least 1 epsiode of, IkkiTousen Dragon Destiny (panties, boobs, more panties, more boobs...umm...piss?). Ugh...WHY.

In terms of anime I know of but haven't watched (and never intend to), Eiken (an 8 year old has the biggest breasts in the whole cast...), Strike Witches (or as I like to call it, Flying Panties: The Animation, complete with stripy...cameltoe...on a 12-year-old...), Queen's Blade (literally made of fetish fuel, complete with loli fetish, urine fetish, gigantic boobs the size of microwave ovens fetish, covered in oddly thick milk-or at least, I HOPE it's milk she's carrying in that bottle-fetish, and, well, girl made entirely of pink goop fetish), Master of Martial Hearts (quite possibly THE worst anime in existence), Please Teacher! and Please Twins! (borderline hentai, and in the case of Please Twins! added helpings of incest), Kodomo no Jikan (total pedoshit, oh my god...UGH...), Lotte no Omocha (how did this get a higher rating on AnimeUltima than Neon Genesis Evangelion and COWBOY BEBOP!?!?) just about any of the millions of crappy psuedo-incest "comedies"...the list goes on.

In terms of anime which is actually good, there's Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (which has a fair amount of fanservice, but is otherwise excellent), Chobits (which is actually quite tame, but does have its moments), Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt (which is of course a merciless mockery of ecchi anime), and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (where even the fanservice is BRIMMING WITH TOTAL AWESOME GAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR).
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:21 am

:asuka_sad: You didn't like Onegai Teacher or Onegai Twins? I loved them! Especially Onegai Teacher. I watched the whole thing in a night with friends, thoroughly entranced, and I don't even remember any memorable fanservice, but I definitely remember my feelings. I remember thinking it must have been the best anime ever and was surprised to find that it was not universally acclaimed :lol:.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:52 am

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:In terms of anime I know of but haven't watched (and never intend to)
Perhaps you should start with Vividred Operation to gently ease towards some of the other series.

The whole point of the opening scene in Strike Witches is to get you desensitized accustomed to the gimmick, so you can appreciate all the WWII references for the rest of the series. After all, the girls are more decently dressed than Asuka or Rei when they're on duty, and we're spared the sudden upskirt camera angles or skirt-flips that would otherwise interfere with what is going on.

Return to “Anime and Manga”