Since I have yet to play Bioshock Infinity, but I completed both first and second chapter, which one is better for you guys?
I never got around to Bioshock 2 but I'd say I'm equally fond of both Bioshock 1 and Infinite. I think the story's better in Infinite but I kind of like the atmosphere of Bioshock 1. Rapture has a terror to it that they don't bring to Infinite.
Respawn, the studio formed by the old Infinity Ward guys when they got fired by Activision for stupid bullshit, just had details on their new game leak via Game Informer releasing June's issue early on Android.
- Xbox One, PC
- Xbox 360 version developed by someone else
- Planned to target current gen, but realized that they couldn't run it
- Started to look into next gen and the answer they got from Microsoft intrigued them
- They said they needed to focus on fewer hardware. In the future they are open to more. They don't specify if it would be this project or another.
- Plan to use Microsoft's Cloud for dedicated servers and physics and AI calculations
- Spring 2014 Release Date
- In my opinion it visually looks pretty nice.
- First person shooter
- "Mech" and ground combat
- "Mech's" are called Titans.
- They want these Titans to feel fast. They can dodge etc.
- If you don't want to pilot the Titan you can have it follow you, killing people as it goes along.
- Player characters are called Pilots
- They are extremely agile. Can run on walls, multiple jumps.
- They can take down Titans. Jumping on them and shooting the "brain".
- You need to be cunning as a pilot. "Hit and fade" tactics is the term the game director uses.
- Pilots come equipped with a variety of weapons. Pistol, Assault Rifle, Anti-Titan Rocket Launcher, data knife used to hack AI characters into joining you.
- There are AI enemies on the maps.
- You survive longer than in COD. Making it more welcoming to newcomers.
- Source Engine. Building new engine = too much time.
- Source gives them 60 fps
- Rewrote aspects of it for next gen
- Article talks about the process of forming the team, being fired, prototyping ideas etc. I recommend reading it.
- Going for a District 9 or Blade Runner vibe.
- Integrate memorable single player moments into a multiplayer game.
- Storytelling style will be more Left 4 Dead.
- Humans segregated between Earth and frontier planets. Corporation trying to take the resources of these frontier people.
Not sold until I see it in action but I'm intrigued. These are the guys behind CoD1, 2, and 4, the latter one of my biggest time sinks on the 360 (Also they made MW2 but no one cares about that). Now they're making a mech game? Count me excited.