What are you currently playing? [3]

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

AlexanderSoryuu
Banned

Postby AlexanderSoryuu » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:39 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:While KF is an amazing game, I don't think I'd consider it Survival Horror. Except maybe on Hell on Earth with pubs. That's quite the horrific experience.

Edit:

New Deus Ex is a shooter for mobile and tablet devices.

:gunmouth:

HELL ON EARTH WITH PUBS, MAN.

As for the Deus Ex news. :guillotine: :wellhung: :crucified:

Mt Olympus
Lilith

Postby Mt Olympus » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Metro 2033 is pretty scary and I'm only a few hours into it.

Ænimal
Banned

Postby Ænimal » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:14 pm

View Original PostMt Olympus wrote:Metro 2033 is pretty scary and I'm only a few hours into it.

innit great thought? :D

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby MAGI_01 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:16 am

Finally after a year absence I am back and active in Eve online! and good lord have things changed :lol:

This coming form someone who was active from 2007 until the aforementioned time. Now to learn what all has been changed since I last played haha.

If any of you guys haven't ever played Eve well... it can be fun but it's a huge time sink and has the largest learning curve of any game I have ever played.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:21 am

I made about six people forfeit on Pokemon Showdown tonight. My Drizzle team is too good. :devil:
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:26 am

View Original PostCX1329 wrote:That could be the plot for Shenmue III. He falls for a 419 scam and finds himself needing to try to get his money back.
Wait a sec... in the first chapter they scammed him at the travel agency, in the second chapter, they stole his bag at the beginning of the game... I wonder what the hell will they steal him in the third chapter, who cares.

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby CX1329 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:41 am

View Original PostKatana wrote:Wait a sec... in the first chapter they scammed him at the travel agency, in the second chapter, they stole his bag at the beginning of the game... I wonder what the hell will they steal him in the third chapter, who cares.

Shenmue III will be so realistic, they will crawl out of the TV like Sadako from Ringu and steal all of your games and consoles.
Sapientiam autem non vincit malitia.

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:45 am

Damn, no way.

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:56 am

View Original PostMAGI_01 wrote:Finally after a year absence I am back and active in Eve online! and good lord have things changed :lol:

This coming form someone who was active from 2007 until the aforementioned time. Now to learn what all has been changed since I last played haha.

If any of you guys haven't ever played Eve well... it can be fun but it's a huge time sink and has the largest learning curve of any game I have ever played.

Pic related regarding that learning curve, by the way.
SPOILER: Show

Eve's one of those games I wish I could get into. I really, really do. One day I'll give it the time it deserves.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby CX1329 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:07 am

I know it's not an MMORPG, but you don't know what a learning curve is until you've played Dwarf Fortress. Learning to play it is nearly impossible, and it just keeps getting more complex as new versions come out.

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:14 am

You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby CX1329 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:46 am

"At this point, a couple of hours in, I've accomplished nothing except to put a dwarf in a hole."

This sums up the entire Dwarf Fortress experience quite nicely.

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:53 am

Since I have yet to play Bioshock Infinity, but I completed both first and second chapter, which one is better for you guys?

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:07 am

View Original PostKatana wrote:Since I have yet to play Bioshock Infinity, but I completed both first and second chapter, which one is better for you guys?

I never got around to Bioshock 2 but I'd say I'm equally fond of both Bioshock 1 and Infinite. I think the story's better in Infinite but I kind of like the atmosphere of Bioshock 1. Rapture has a terror to it that they don't bring to Infinite.

Respawn, the studio formed by the old Infinity Ward guys when they got fired by Activision for stupid bullshit, just had details on their new game leak via Game Informer releasing June's issue early on Android.

- Xbox One, PC
- Xbox 360 version developed by someone else
- Planned to target current gen, but realized that they couldn't run it
- Started to look into next gen and the answer they got from Microsoft intrigued them
- They said they needed to focus on fewer hardware. In the future they are open to more. They don't specify if it would be this project or another.
- Plan to use Microsoft's Cloud for dedicated servers and physics and AI calculations
- Spring 2014 Release Date
- In my opinion it visually looks pretty nice.
- First person shooter
- "Mech" and ground combat
- "Mech's" are called Titans.
- They want these Titans to feel fast. They can dodge etc.
- If you don't want to pilot the Titan you can have it follow you, killing people as it goes along.
- Player characters are called Pilots
- They are extremely agile. Can run on walls, multiple jumps.
- They can take down Titans. Jumping on them and shooting the "brain".
- You need to be cunning as a pilot. "Hit and fade" tactics is the term the game director uses.
- Pilots come equipped with a variety of weapons. Pistol, Assault Rifle, Anti-Titan Rocket Launcher, data knife used to hack AI characters into joining you.
- There are AI enemies on the maps.
- You survive longer than in COD. Making it more welcoming to newcomers.
- Source Engine. Building new engine = too much time.
- Source gives them 60 fps
- Rewrote aspects of it for next gen
- Article talks about the process of forming the team, being fired, prototyping ideas etc. I recommend reading it.
- Going for a District 9 or Blade Runner vibe.
- Integrate memorable single player moments into a multiplayer game.
- Storytelling style will be more Left 4 Dead.
- Humans segregated between Earth and frontier planets. Corporation trying to take the resources of these frontier people.

Not sold until I see it in action but I'm intrigued. These are the guys behind CoD1, 2, and 4, the latter one of my biggest time sinks on the 360 (Also they made MW2 but no one cares about that). Now they're making a mech game? Count me excited.

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:08 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:I never got around to Bioshock 2 but I'd say I'm equally fond of both Bioshock 1 and Infinite. I think the story's better in Infinite but I kind of like the atmosphere of Bioshock 1. Rapture has a terror to it that they don't bring to Infinite.

Respawn, the studio formed by the old Infinity Ward guys when they got fired by Activision for stupid bullshit, just had details on their new game leak via Game Informer releasing June's issue early on Android.

Not sold until I see it in action but I'm intrigued. These are the guys behind CoD1, 2, and 4, the latter one of my biggest time sinks on the 360 (Also they made MW2 but no one cares about that). Now they're making a mech game? Count me excited.
Maybe I'll miss that when I'll play Infinite.
BTW, this thread is reaching the 100th page, shall we make a new one?

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:20 am

Whoever makes a new thread should include a link to the Steam Group Thread in it. We don't really use the Group for anything but people are welcome to join to rep their EGF pride/shame/lust.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:22 am

View Original PostKatana wrote:Since I have yet to play Bioshock Infinity, but I completed both first and second chapter, which one is better for you guys?

I liked both of them more than Infinite.

Infinite is linear to the max level design and weak enemies that rushdown, it really isn't all as good as it's hyped up to be, "good" story or not.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:44 am

View Original PostTankred wrote:I liked both of them more than Infinite.

Infinite is linear to the max level design and weak enemies that rushdown, it really isn't all as good as it's hyped up to be, "good" story or not.

Yeah, Infinite is infinitely (haha) easier than Bioshock 1 and 2, as well as Bioshock's spiritual predecessor, System Shock. You don't need to conserve health items or ammo, you don't need to be careful with your upgrades or try to develop a specific playing style. If you're low on health you can just stand in cover while your shield regenerates and Elizabeth will pass you a large amount of health, salts or ammo.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Mt Olympus
Lilith

Postby Mt Olympus » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:53 am

View Original PostÆnimal wrote:innit great thought? :D

It's definitely a great game so far, the graphics are really good too, which makes the homo novus disgusting, combined with the surprise element and how shadows are used I can only play the game for at most a few hours, it's the same with Amnesia. I'm a scaredy cat :sniffle:

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”