ITT: What are you working on right now?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Fri May 24, 2013 9:26 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:Also, i would really like to thank C.A.P. for his gigantic and invaluable help with everything. I don't think it would have been possible without your help.

Anything for you buddy. A dream of that scope is meant to be shared, not self-feared. :kirby_yay:
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Sat May 25, 2013 12:49 am

I actually spent a couple hours this evening writing a new story called "Funhouse Mirror". In the 2030s, a prospecting probe pumps some electricity into the surface of an asteroid - and gets something back. Maybe it's a natural occurrence, or maybe it's a sign of ancient (and I mean ancient) intelligent life. And if it is life - what was the purpose of putting it there?

The idea sort of goes back to a conversation I had with a classmate some time back. He was talking about archeology of Minoan culture - a culture from which we have many artifacts, but no real information of the culture itself. We have their writing, but we can't understand, much less translate it. We have sculptures and buildings, but no real idea of their function. Over time, it's been considered a pacifist paradise, an example of a successful matriarchal empire, the true source of western civilization, and so on. He referred to it as a "a funhouse mirror, a culture on which an archeologist can project their version of history."

So far I've got three different viewpoints: a freak natural occurrence, a sort of astronomical version of the ten commandments, and a great library in which alien life stored its information. I'll probably think of more as I write, but I've got two pages of extremely rough story that needs to be modified and added to.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Szmitten
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Szmitten » Sun May 26, 2013 12:35 pm

Haven't posted here in a long time but thought you guys might get a kick out of this.

The last year or so I started writing seriously and just tried to produce content, whether it be game or film reviews or 8000 word history essays (viewable here: [url]http://words-inc.tumblr.com[/url]). Just before I started my first real job I finished a web based CYOA built in Tumblr after a fair bit of fiddling. It's popped up on a few video game sites (Kotaku, Giantbomb) but don't try to think of it as a game, it's more an experience. I'm being deliberately vague. Give it a go if you're interested!

http://afterward-story.tumblr.com/

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Mon May 27, 2013 12:06 pm

Oh yeah I think I forgot to post this here, these are new character designs I had commisioned for parasite galaxy

http://cluedog.deviantart.com/art/Parasite-Galaxy-370987943
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Redtophat » Mon May 27, 2013 12:27 pm

View Original PostDefectron wrote:Oh yeah I think I forgot to post this here, these are new character designs I had commisioned for parasite galaxy

http://cluedog.deviantart.com/art/Parasite-Galaxy-370987943
Nice, really lovin' the Chinese dress woman and Slime woman the most.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Mon May 27, 2013 1:31 pm

Those two are Kigurumi and Unko-chan. They havent made appearances in the story yet.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:42 pm

It's done....My own manga has been finished. (=Character designs and story. Not started working on the drawing part yet)

I won't tell anything about the actual story, but there are few things i'd like to say:

-It will start as cliche as possible. (massive amount of fan service, harem, DBZ style ect.)

-It's very very happy at the beginning.

-characters are very easy to relate to. (Super typical modern day personas)

-There are only two main character arcs: One for male and one for female protagonist. (The story flows strictly around these characters only. No "what-happens-to-other characters/places" stuff is involved. (Unless the main character is there to witness the event)

-As the story progresses it will become very dark.

-Every side character is used as a plot/character development devices. They are examples to main characters. (Like what would happen if the main character did as wrong like that random side character)

-There will be a huge amount of ass pulls and plot holes. (This is done so there won't be a typical build up story. More realistic, unpredictable story.)

-I think my main goal with this manga is to do what Eva did back in the 90', but way more effectively.

:tongue:

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:57 pm

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:
1-There will be a huge amount of ass pulls and plot holes. (This is done so there won't be a typical build up story. More realistic, unpredictable story.)

2-I think my main goal with this manga is to do what Eva did back in the 90', but way more effectively.

:tongue:

1-Butbutbutbut if it has plot holes you can´t say it´s realistic!

2-:lol: You´re a funny guy.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:04 am

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:1-Butbutbutbut if it has plot holes you can´t say it´s realistic!

2-:lol: You´re a funny guy.

1. What i meant was that like in real life you don't get answers to every questions kind of thing=You could say that they are "plot holes" in some way (This is sci-fi in space, and unexplained stuff happens all of a sudden(Ass pulls in space in other words :lol:) and are not explained)

2. I don't know if i should take this as a compliment or not.....
Last edited by Giji Shinka on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:09 am

I think the confusion is because people tend to call anything they don't understand or which is not thoroughly explained a "plot hole".
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:11 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:I think the confusion is because people tend to call anything they don't understand or which is not thoroughly explained a "plot hole".

Ahh.....Okey. I just didn't find a proper word for what i meant.

Uriel Septim VII
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Uriel Septim VII » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:26 pm

I just graduated and am figuring out what career(s) I should look into trying out.
AVATAR-- Hedy Lamarr: actor, inventor of spread spectrum communications technology, and main villain of Blazing Saddles.

You know what, rip me off once, shame on me. But twice? I'm coming after you and taking back what's mine. --Billy Mays

delispin25
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby delispin25 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:29 pm

View Original PostUriel Septim VII wrote:I just graduated and am figuring out what career(s) I should look into trying out.

Isn't that the sort of thing you figure out before graduating?
"At least I get laid." - TDSA
"I LITERALLY CANT STOP BEATING WOMEN" - CJD

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:29 pm

View Original PostUriel Septim VII wrote:I just graduated and am figuring out what career(s) I should look into trying out.

Going by your name, have you considered Emperor?
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:35 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:Going by your name, have you considered Emperor?

Not very profitable these days.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:28 pm

Welcome back, Uriel Septim VII!
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:59 am

View Original PostDream wrote:Not very profitable these days.

Cooler than being called president though.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:20 am

Well, now that Summer's here, I have a plan. I've been getting acquainted with my public pool. During the summer, five days a week, I'll be riding my bike down there and swimming a mile, or 64 laps. My goal is to lose some of the weight that I put on during the school year, or about seven pounds. I've also restocked my house with healthy stuff, so lots of fruits and meats without all the chips and other stuff that I like to eat while I'm studying. Of course, asides from exercising, I plan on doing a lot of writing this summer: fanfictions, one-act plays, you name it. This is going to be a productive next few months!

Oh, and of course Evageeks. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten you. :lol:

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:17 pm

Aside from the usual stuff (illustration practice and trying to get some work done on my animation short as well as a few Eva projects) i've decided to start both a personal diary/journal and a Yume Nikki (Japanese for "Dream Journal"). The former both to have a file/place where i can write down and express my thoughts both in order to elaborate in them and as a sort of emotional catharsis. Some of them are really emotionally heavy stuff and i feel that i am (and been for a long time) a bit of a prisoner of my own emotions. This journal is an attempt for me to break free from that.

The latter is because (this might surprise you) i find dreams interesting and i've been wanting to get back into lucid dreaming, preferably with much more strenght/lucidity than before.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:42 pm

Trying to prove the Collatz conjecture ( :lol: ), or at least to place some restrictions on the first number that violates it.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”