Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:37 pm

I just thought I'd mention that a book was released in Japan containing Yoshikazu Yasuhkio's original drawings and storyboards from MSG. The real kicker is that the book was edited by Anno of all people.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

schwarzstahlhelm1993
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby schwarzstahlhelm1993 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:57 pm

Is Anno in the plan of being involved in Gundam again somehow? He also wrote an essay about Gundam's influence on anime in the Gundam The Origin hardcover released by Vertical.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:14 pm

Yeah, I posted that essay in the Rebuild forum for the non Gundam fans. If I may ask, was he supposed to be part of some project in the franchise? I know he did some animation work in Char's Counterattack as well a few promotional images for Gundam Sentinal, but I never heard of any big project he was going to do.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

schwarzstahlhelm1993
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby schwarzstahlhelm1993 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:02 pm

As far as I'm concerned, he was only involved in the ship designs and some animation (I've heard he was heavily involved in the famous finale, for instance, like the use of color palette) for CCA. I don't know anything about Sentinel.

Maybe if Anno had animated the whole thing, the movie would've looked much, much better than the final product.

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:11 am

View Original Postschwarzstahlhelm1993 wrote:Maybe if Anno had animated the whole thing, the movie would've looked much, much better than the final product.

What do you mean?It looked fine back then and it is still watchable even today.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:50 am

CCA still looks very good to me

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:54 am

View Original PostXard wrote:CCA still looks very good to me

It's not only CCA.Blu-Ray versions of Z,ZZ,CCA,Stardust and F91 are looking crispy and clear.Well Z and ZZ don't look so good like the movies but it's a step above from the originals versions.

I am looking forward to see how Sunrise will treat the Blu-Ray release of the original Gundam this summer.Wish Gainax could release NGE in Blu-Ray.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby caragnafog dog » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:35 pm

I've thought about it for a while and have decided that Unicorn is the complete package as far as the UC timeline goes. I know it isn't finished, and my opinion could very well change depending on how the series is concluded, but as it stands I think it has everything I expected from all the shows I had seen before it. The repeated recitation of zeon deikun's speech concerning the god of possibility makes the concept of newtypes seem almost palpable, giving them a air of importance and power I didn't feel in any of the preceding series. Coupled with the score and the scale of the battles, it really feels like more is at stake than just petty conflict between pilots and their governments. It's hard for me to put into words, but I really hope the conclusion is wraps it up in a satisfying way and vindicates what I've just said.

Oh, and the symbol of the unicorn as a mythical creature. That's really cool too.
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

schwarzstahlhelm1993
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby schwarzstahlhelm1993 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:01 pm

So this came up in Gundam BoyFriend's website:

待望の「ガンダム新作映像企画」の発表会が、7月2日(火)11:59より開催されることが決定しました!
そして発表会の模様は、「ガンダムインフォ」、「特設サイト(http://gundam-bf.net/)」、「バンダイチャンネル・みんなでストリーム」の3サイトにてライブ配信されます!

なお、現時点で公開されているのは、ガンダムが描かれたイラストと、『1/144 GUNDAM 機動。』のキーワードのみ!
気になるその全貌は、発表会当日のライブ配信で確かめよう!!

Dunno what to make of this. New series? New model kit series (a lá Sentinel)? And the Gundam slightly reminds of the ZZ.

nervshatter
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby nervshatter » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:17 am

Not sure if I fucked up or not.

I bought the original 1996 MG Zeta Gundam instead of the "improved" 2.0 version, and now I keep reading about how flimsy and bulky the 96 one is, although I dont mind the latter because the Zeta does look a bit bulky, flimsy parts in general just suck, I hope I dont regret my purchase :um:.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:25 am

View Original Postschwarzstahlhelm1993 wrote:So this came up in Gundam BoyFriend's website:

Dunno what to make of this. New series? New model kit series (a lá Sentinel)? And the Gundam slightly reminds of the ZZ.
It is a press meeting on July 2nd for the announcement of a "new video project of Gundam" which will be streamed on three sites. The only information that can be released are some illustrations and the keyword "1/144 Gundam mobile".
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:31 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:It is a press meeting on July 2nd for the announcement of a "new video project of Gundam" which will be streamed on three sites. The only information that can be released are some illustrations and the keyword "1/144 Gundam mobile".

the first thing that came to mind is that this project may be similar to Model Suit Gunpla Builders Beginning G. But I have also seen military units with similar designations as 1/144 but to me it seems more likely to have something to do with gunpla since 1/144 is the scale for the HGUC models
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

schwarzstahlhelm1993
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby schwarzstahlhelm1993 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:03 pm

Dunno about you guys, but...I had tons of fun with Gunpla Builders. If we get something along the lines of it, I'd be totally in.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:38 pm

Gunpla Builders was great.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:39 pm

Gunpla builders was awesome
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:49 am

Hope Sunrise to announce a new TV Gundam anime soon.Origin and UC-7 are taking time and 00 was the last ''real'' TV Gundam we got.

schwarzstahlhelm1993
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby schwarzstahlhelm1993 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:28 am

View Original PostDima wrote: 00 was the last ''real'' TV Gundam we got.

I suppose you suppressed AGE, then?

But yes, 00 was the last good series we got.

Although I'm still sure the announcement was to calm all the butthurt and protests after AGE's announcement (despite whatever Ikeda might have said in Hong Kong).

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:44 am

View Original Postschwarzstahlhelm1993 wrote:I suppose you suppressed AGE, then?

But yes, 00 was the last good series we got.

Although I'm still sure the announcement was to calm all the butthurt and protests after AGE's announcement (despite whatever Ikeda might have said in Hong Kong).

Uhm AGE? What is that?I am sure i heard it somewhere but it's like i don't want to remember..

00 was the last good series we got in a long time. It's far better then Wing or Destiny.

Sunrise has a thing for announcing project's that are early in development like Seed Movie and Akito the Exiled. They announced a Code Geass movie also 2 years before but we haven't heard anything since.

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:31 pm

So, was the Gundam Hammer retconned out of Universal Century or not? I remember reading Tomino specifically didn't want it in the 0079 movies because of how silly it was, but then here I am watching The 08th MS Team and then this happened.

Kind of funny to see this in the otherwise most "real robotic" series of the Gundam franchise.

schwarzstahlhelm1993
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby schwarzstahlhelm1993 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:00 pm

Japan loves that ban hammer.

Return to “Anime and Manga”