Sword Art Online! Any fans here? xD

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:57 pm

View Original Postarkiel wrote:And what about the time Kitaro's sister made out with a singing dog?

Great, and I'd really decided I liked this anime...

And then I find out stuff about miscarriages and dog snogging has made it in there.

:shinchair:

Still, I suppose I can't complain, being a fan of Eva, home of some of the creepiest stuff ever put on cels (Episode 23...Just...damn).
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:04 pm

Just going to throw this out here, but in terms of my own enjoyment, this ranks 2nd on my all-time favorite anime list. I know technically speaking it does'nt really deserve to be that high up, but god-dammit if it didn't push every button in my little otaku body. Video games, rpgs, cool fights, loved the characters, loved to hate that fucker of a villain in the 2nd arc, just loved it all(except that one part with the tentacle monsters, that was just stupid, everything else, loved it).

Defiantly buying it when it comes out here, very curious to see how the English dub turns out.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Fri May 24, 2013 5:24 pm

"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Fri May 24, 2013 7:09 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:And then I find out stuff about miscarriages and dog snogging has made it in there.

... And the first episode looked so nice.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sat May 25, 2013 10:35 am

And they decided that the entire series should be $500 on Blu-ray!......... k. Aniplex likes to charge a lot don't they? :bigeyes:
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

StormSky92
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby StormSky92 » Sun May 26, 2013 9:46 pm

Being a big gamer, I really liked SAO. No one really gets any character development, but I know there are a lot of people that dream of being that type of over-powered, badass, gamer that gets the girl.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Mon May 27, 2013 12:02 am

View Original PostStormSky92 wrote:Being a big gamer, I really liked SAO. No one really gets any character development, but I know there are a lot of people that dream of being that type of over-powered, badass, gamer that gets the girl.

Unfortunately my dreams don't involve getting the girl, they involve joining a handful of other adventurers and slaying the final dragon in an epic battle that echoes through the centuries, saving the world from eternal darkness and being hailed as one of the greatest heroes the world's ever seen. Alternatively, dying in battle with a sword in my hand (or stave, because wizardry is infinitely superior to the plebeian arts of melee combat) and the blood of my enemies soaked upon my cloak, surrounded by the hundreds of corpses of my foes, would be acceptable.

The girl never really figured into my medieval fantasy fantasies, which is perhaps why I was so disappointed when it was such a central part of SAO.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Redtophat » Mon May 27, 2013 4:19 am

I'm disappointed that Kirito isn't a neckbeard IRL, that really broke the immersion for me.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:16 pm

Wasn't too keen on this series when it came out but have been getting curious about it. However I have a hard time dropping series after I start them even if my enjoyment hits a wall (e.g. Karneval), just to see how it ends.

At FanimeCon I heard someone explain Shingeki no Kyojin as the latest SAO. How accurate is this?
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Wed May 29, 2013 9:40 pm

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:At FanimeCon I heard someone explain Shingeki no Kyojin as the latest SAO. How accurate is this?

No! Dear god no! I don't know if that guy was serious or not but that's usually a trollish thing people say, that SnK is "the next SAO." It's meant to deride SnK by comparing it to SAO because both are action shows that are hugely popular in the west (well, huge for anime that is). The shows themselves are quite different in style. The romance is almost nonexistent in SnK whereas it takes a front row seat in SAO. Kirito's an overpowered self insert and Eren's well.... not. SnK also handles the side characters better in my opinion.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:43 pm

I really like the anime especially the first arc.The concept was interesting but the first episodes felt a little rushed.The second arc though...hated it.If the next season is anything like it i won't stand watching it.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

JasonHRAC
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby JasonHRAC » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:38 pm

I thought it was okay. I thought that many things could have been done better though, like the characterization, storytelling, and whatnot. I did, however, enjoy the action and animation. The concept was pretty neat, and it's a shame that the execution was...yeah. The romance felt a bit forced, for lack of better words. Then again, I do suppose that since girls seem rare in MMO games (According to Rule 30, there are no girls on the internet. Let alone an MMO), it looks like guys would flock to the nearest girl to get a piece. Like so.

I'd give this probably a 6.8 out of 10.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
If a man talks and a woman's not around to hear it, is he still wrong?
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." --Albert Camus
[size=75][color=darkblue]

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:57 pm

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:At FanimeCon I heard someone explain Shingeki no Kyojin as the latest SAO. How accurate is this?

He's a fucking moron.

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:40 am

Just because Armin makes out with a singing dog after the battle of Trost doesn't make SnK into SAO. :/

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Sword Art Online! Any fans here? xD

•      
  •      

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:43 pm

View Original Postjimnjm wrote:Hey Eva fans!
Any SAO fans here?!?
=)

:mayano:
Asuka Langley Soryu is our Lord and Saviour.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:56 pm

View Original PostXxx_Generic Name_Xxx wrote::mayano:

Is it June 2013 again already?

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:09 am

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:Is it June 2013 again already?

I don't care if I necropost,if I want to express my opinion I express my opinion.
Asuka Langley Soryu is our Lord and Saviour.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:36 pm

Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

CommanderFish
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby CommanderFish » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:45 pm

...why?
I mean, out of all the animes than can get a live-action adaptation, why this shit-show? Seriously?
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:15 pm

View Original PostCommanderFish wrote:...why?
I mean, out of all the animes than can get a live-action adaptation, why this shit-show? Seriously?

Because Spielberg is currently directing an adaptation of Ready Player One and Hollywood, predicting that it'll probably be a massive hit, is picking up similar properties to ride on the coattails of its success.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Return to “Anime and Manga”