[MANGA] [NGE] New Manga Stage Thread

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
SimplyMason0
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby SimplyMason0 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:18 am

View Original PostPomme wrote:4 june 2013 If I remember well.

Here a little preview for you :

SPOILER: Show

No comment :D

:sniffle:

I don't know what to feel about this

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:22 am

View Original PostSimplyMason0 wrote::sniffle:

I don't know what to feel about this

Yes, yes! Please let it be another ShinjiXAsuka finish, that would be hilarious to see all the Rei fans lose it! :devil:
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:24 am

OK, I couldn't resist more than five seconds and went to THAT BOARD, and...

HOLY. SHIT. :jawdrop:

Turns out
that 3.0 was wrong : you CAN redo, and he did it motherfuckers, Shinji reseted the whole fucking world! :cringe:
I'm not sure just how much he reseted everything, but the seasons seems to be back to normal(they are in winter) and Shinji and Asuka don't know each other : they meet by chance and have some sort of deja vu, but that's all we have for now... so there is a good chance that Shinji had gone as far as Second Impact and that the EVAs don't exist... wow.

I'm really extremely skeptical about this interpretation so far, because that contradict everything Rei/Lilith and Yui said would happen, and Q would become a fucking joke! :irked:
But if it's true, then that would be the first time in any Evangelion continuity that it's confirmed that Impacts/Instrumentality can affect time, that's a fucking gigantic can of worm that would be open!
Last edited by ElMariachi on Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

SimplyMason0
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby SimplyMason0 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:45 am

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:Yes, yes! Please let it be another ShinjiXAsuka finish, that would be hilarious to see all the Rei fans lose it! :devil:

The manga has been running for years and Asuka is barely there

Rebuild is one thing but this is just too cruel

I'm not even a Rei lover either.

If anything, I like the Kaworu and Shinji shipping.

Asuka already had enough attention in EoE

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:55 am

:scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head:

OK, I couldn't resist more than five seconds and go to THAT BOARD, and...

HOLY. SHIT.

Turns out
:gendo_kimura: :gendo_kimura: :gendo_kimura: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

THIS IS MADNESS!
MADNESS...?
THIS IS SATISFYING ENDING TO EVANGELION FOR THE FIRST TIME!

*ahem* Cool. :D
Hater gonna hate.
Last edited by Giji Shinka on Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:03 am, edited 5 times in total.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:00 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:OK, I couldn't resist more than five seconds and go to THAT BOARD, and...

Turns out
that 3.0 was wrong : you CAN redo, and he did it motherfuckers, Shinji reseted the whole fucking world! :cringe:
I'm not sure just how much he reseted everything, but the seasons seems to be back to normal(they are in winter) and Shinji and Asuka don't know each other : they meet by chance and have some sort of deja vu, but that's all he have from now... so there is a good chance that Shinji had gone as far as Second Impact and that the EVAs don't exist... wow.

I'm really extremely skeptical about the interpretation so far, because that contradict everything Rei/Lilith and Yui said would happen, and Q would become a fucking joke! :irked:
But if it's true, then that would be the first time in any Evangelion continuity that it's confirmed that Impacts/Instrumentality can affect time, that's a fucking gigantic can of worm that would be open!

I really hope Sadamoto didn't actually do something stupid like that....
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Jayfive » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:07 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:OK, I couldn't resist more than five seconds and went to THAT BOARD, and...

Turns out
I'm not sure just how much he reseted everything, but the seasons seems to be back to normal(they are in winter) and Shinji and Asuka don't know each other : they meet by chance and have some sort of deja vu, but that's all he have from now... so there is a good chance that Shinji had gone as far as Second Impact and that the EVAs don't exist... wow.

Umm...that smells strongly of Re-Take and one of the endings to The Butterfly Effect. Pinch of salt on standby.

Just remember that when it comes to all things Eva, there are no pre-release spoilers, there are no leaks. No-one saw anything in 3.0 coming even days before release, so I don't see why this would be any different.

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:09 am

I don't even read the manga but pic related, my reaction to those spoilers.

Shinchan, assuming this all pans out we should schedule for some fine wine. This might not be the ending you were hoping for, but I'm sure you'll see the significance of it.
Last edited by CJD on Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:09 am

THE END IS NIGH

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:11 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:I really hope Sadamoto didn't actually do something stupid like that....

Me too, that ending is just to big and leave canyon sized plot holes :

- Yui said that everyone that wanted it could come back, not that time will magically be rewinded and that everything they lived those past 15 years will be erased.
- logically SEELE would be back and plot another crazy Singularity event, unless when Yui talked about those who can come back she meant that everyone who came back was included in the Time Loop, if SEELE accepted Instrumentality then they were retconned out of existence.
- that also means that ADAM is back freezing his ass in Antarctic, and can be awakened again at any moment, triggering the return of the Angels. Unless he has been magically retconned out of existence too.
- what happened to Yui and Gendo? They can't be retconned from the post 2I period, since Shinji was born after 2I!
- what was the fucking point of Shinji interacting and building relationships with the people he met during his experience as a pilot(Misato, Asuka, Touji, Kensuke...) if it's to have it all completely erased?
- what was the point of Rebuild 3.0 if it turns out that you can indeed "redo", that just leave Rebuild!Shinji as even more pathetic than before!
Last edited by ElMariachi on Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:13 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Me too, that ending is just to big and leave canyon sized plot holes :

- Yui said that everyone that wanted it could come back, not that time will magically be reminded and that everything they lived those past 15 years will be erased.
- logically SEELE would be back and plot another crazy Singularity even, unless when Yui talked about those who can come back she meant that everyone who came back was included in the Time Loop, if SEELE accepted Instrumentality then they were retconned out of existence.
- that also means that ADAM is back freezing his ass in Antarctic, and can be awakened again at any moment, triggering the return of the Angels. Unless he has been magically retconned out of existence too.
- what happened to Yui and Gendo? They can't be retconned from the post 2I period, since Shinji was born after 2I!
- what was the fucking point of Shinji interacting and build relationships with the people he met during his experience as a pilot if it's to be completely erased?

This is somewhat similar to Mirai nikki. If you've seen it.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:29 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Me too, that ending is just to big and leave canyon sized plot holes :
- what was the fucking point of Shinji interacting and building relationships with the people he met during his experience as a pilot(Misato, Asuka, Touji, Kensuke...) if it's to have it all completely erased?

This is my biggest complaint...
...if the whole LOL RESET bullshit turns out to be true.
Sadamoto spent 18 whole years on the struggles and relationships of all these character, but if the world is reset and everyone forgets everything then what was the whole fucking point of it all?
It renders everything completely meaningless.
It's not even an ending of any kind. It's a beginning for something that will never be continued.
There's nothing at all good about this either in-universe or for the readers. There's no lessons learned and no closure.
It is the laziest and least creative option possible.

All this will do is poison the discussions of other Eva iterations.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:40 am

View Original PostSimplyMason0 wrote:
If anything, I like the Kaworu and Shinji shipping.

Well they are the perfect couple.

But yea, as giji said this is the ending of Mirai nikki, and also the logic that people use to suggest Rebuild is a sequel.

Its an all right ending, nowhere near the awesome and unique ending of EoE, but it works for the Manga.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:02 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:This is my biggest complaint...
...if the whole LOL RESET bullshit turns out to be true.
Sadamoto spent 18 whole years on the struggles and relationships of all these character, but if the world is reset and everyone forgets everything then what was the whole fucking point of it all?
It renders everything completely meaningless.
It's not even an ending of any kind. It's a beginning for something that will never be continued.
There's nothing at all good about this either in-universe or for the readers. There's no lessons learned and no closure.
It is the laziest and least creative option possible.

All this will do is poison the discussions of other Eva iterations.

I really hope this isn't
Sadamoto's way of telling us "get over Evangelion and go out meet people you bunch of Otakus"
because if that's the case, the shitsorm will be of same proportions than when 3.0 was released!

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:05 am

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/248/hehy.png/]Image[/URL]

Well played, Sadamoto.

Well played.
Last edited by chee on Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

schwarzstahlhelm1993
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby schwarzstahlhelm1993 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:02 pm

So everything was for naught?

Erase memories, reset reality. That pretty much undoes all the bad things and shit, right?

Holy shit. Well, at least it's over.

Grand Duke of Yashima
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Grand Duke of Yashima » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:46 pm

OH YES!!!
EVA Fan Fiction: The Blue Rose Saga

https://www.facebook.com/EvangelionTheBlueRose

"The power of the Evangelion is the power of love"

R334
Embryo

Postby R334 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:19 pm

Can't tell whether this is personally more depressing than the EoE ending or not.

Rundown of final chapter according to THAT board:
Well, alright.

Last chapter is 24 pages, title is "The Road Ahead."

Shinji walks through the snow on his way to the train station to take his high school entry exams. His aunt calls to make sure he's alright. Two of his friends came out to see him off, he talks to them, smiling.

Shinji: I don't have anything I want to be when I grow up. I've never given any thought to things like dreams or hopes. But I've been thinking, lately. Maybe the reason I've never seen any hope is because I've never looked for it.

The train sets off, a mother and child see an MP Eva stuck in the ground as they go.

Child: Mommy, what's that?
Mother: It's a relic. Researchers have been studying it, but they can't find out anything about it. Not when it was built, nor why.

(continued)

The train stops at Seijou Gakuen-mae Station.

Shinji: Excuse me, coming through, I'm trying to get off. I've never seen this sort of rush...
Asuka: Oww, oww. I said, I'm trying to get off the train! Let me through.
Shinji: Are you alright?

Shinji takes Asuka's hand. He sees her face and freezes, blushes.

Asuka: Thanks, you're a life saver. But hey, how long are you gonna keep holding my hand?
Shinji: Haven't I... seen you somewhere before...?
Asuka: Eww, let go of me. I've never met you before. Wait, are you trying to pick me up or something? Because of my good looks?
Shinji: Ack. Err. No, no, nothing of the sort at all.
Asuka: Hmm, you know, that sort of miffs me, too, in a way. Well, whatever. Anyway, thanks for the help. Danke schön.

Asuka leaves. Shinji tries to call and stop her, but Kensuke butts in.

Kensuke: Wow, she was really cute. They've got some real hotties here in Tokyo. Right? Hey, you here for exams too? You trying to get into Myoujin by any chance? Then that makes us rivals, eh? Good luck!

Shinji and Kensuke walk toward the exam building.

Shinji: Yeah, I'll try my best. It's up to me to find the path I want to take. The way forward might not be straight, it might twist and turn. It might rain, and the wind might blow. But the sun will still shine on the road ahead. My future unfolds forever ahead of me.

In the last cut, Misato's pendant can be seen shining on Shinji's bag.

The end. Hope that clears up some stuff.

[URL=http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/2237/1370098582291.png]Image[/URL] [URL=http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8563/1370100943932.png]Image[/URL] [URL=http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/8821/1370100976950.jpg]Image[/URL] [URL=http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/3946/1370102213570.jpg]Image[/URL] [URL=http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5320/1370102892148.jpg]Image[/URL] [URL=http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/7607/1370103162988.jpg]Image[/URL] [URL=http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/9489/1370103645960.jpg]Image[/URL] [URL=http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/1685/1370103789325.jpg]Image[/URL]
Last edited by R334 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:27 pm

Someone answer this question I've put in a Spoiler:

Are Rei and Misato dead in this? Who else is dead?

:sniffle:

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Na7e » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:27 pm

I'm not even mad Sadamoto, I'm impressed.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”