Eva Action Figures [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
unit450
Adam

RAH Neo Eva Unit-08 "Beta" Info Update

Postby unit450 » Tue May 21, 2013 3:00 pm

So an update of some info for the RAH Neo Eva Unit-08 "β" with a release date set for the March 2014, and a MSRP of 24,800 yen(though it'll probably be 18,352 if AmiAmi takes off the 26% on it as well).

Liking what I see for the figure's overall design, to the point I wish there was a chance of a 'complete' Eva Unit-02 Custom 'Gamma' being made. Had to grow on me a bit, but I do like these redesigns of the Eva equipment/armor.

A little dissapointed the waist looks like it won't be as articulated as the Unit-01 and Unit-02, though I probably won't play around with it or the Unit-02 'Gamma' Medicom is probably planning as well too much; so it's not really a bother to me.

What probably has me down in the dumps is the release date being a pretty wide pre-order window. My worries of a RAH Neo Unit-00' and RAH Neo Unit-03 as Summer WonFes exclusives just got a little bit stronger.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/mraheva081.jpg/]Image[/URL]

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/mraheva082.jpg/]Image[/URL]
Rei used Smile.
Shinji, Asuk-You know what? EVERYTHING in existence fainted. Even the Fire Hydrant...
Rei defeated Seele!?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue May 21, 2013 9:17 pm

@unit450: again, the title of this thread reads NO Q FIGURES, for that use this one, or a mod's gonna make you his Justin Bieber...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

unit450
Adam

Postby unit450 » Tue May 21, 2013 10:35 pm

Yeah my apologies for the mess-up on my part, probably kept missing it since I just refer to the third movie as 3.33 instead of 'Q'...

Edited the post left in that thread, that came before this last one to match with the other thread a bit better I hope.
Rei used Smile.
Shinji, Asuk-You know what? EVERYTHING in existence fainted. Even the Fire Hydrant...
Rei defeated Seele!?

Psychodrake
Embryo

Re: RAH Neo Eva Unit-08 "Beta" Info Update

Postby Psychodrake » Wed May 22, 2013 11:38 am

SPOILER: Show
View Original Postunit450 wrote:So an update of some info for the RAH Neo Eva Unit-08 "β" with a release date set for the March 2014, and a MSRP of 24,800 yen(though it'll probably be 18,352 if AmiAmi takes off the 26% on it as well).

Liking what I see for the figure's overall design, to the point I wish there was a chance of a 'complete' Eva Unit-02 Custom 'Gamma' being made. Had to grow on me a bit, but I do like these redesigns of the Eva equipment/armor.

A little dissapointed the waist looks like it won't be as articulated as the Unit-01 and Unit-02, though I probably won't play around with it or the Unit-02 'Gamma' Medicom is probably planning as well too much; so it's not really a bother to me.

What probably has me down in the dumps is the release date being a pretty wide pre-order window. My worries of a RAH Neo Unit-00' and RAH Neo Unit-03 as Summer WonFes exclusives just got a little bit stronger.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/mraheva081.jpg/]Image[/URL]

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/mraheva082.jpg/]Image[/URL]

I love it!

The new Eva's legs/feet look a lot more practical and less like boots I've noticed. Or they've gone from boots to tap dancing shoes, not sure.

Will probably buy this depending on the price. It'll be definite if it comes with a positron rifle.

Unit 08 is now available on amiami

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-000072&page=top

Pre-ordered her already.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Killer Bee » Sun May 26, 2013 9:05 pm

New pic of Revoltech Mark.09

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Sun May 26, 2013 9:18 pm

"Fuck yeah" sez I!
Looks awesome - Bring on that pre-order ASAP.

:tongue:
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

MrBear
Embryo

Postby MrBear » Mon May 27, 2013 2:43 am

My first post and this topic is 3 months old but I felt like replying. I have all the Evangelion Real Model figures including Sachiel and Zeruel. I bought all of mine in 1999 so it is very nostalgic to think back. Real Models 14-16 were from Sakura Taisen.

Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Mon May 27, 2013 5:37 am

That looks friggin' gorgeous, there go all my worries about this figure out the window! I think the Mark 09 might be my stealth favourite from the new film. It looks excellent and though I've said it before I have to say again, if Yamaguchi can pull off the most 2.0 Eva from the new movie like this I'd still kinda like to see him try one last time with the Evas from the previous movie, a new Mark 06 perhaps?! Yeah not gonna happen but still, this looks great!
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Mon May 27, 2013 6:40 pm

So I, ah, ordered the Revo Eva-01/Mark.06 box set along side a SHMA Heisei Godzilla from Ami Ami over the weekend, and I'm pretty stoked about it, haha - Can't wait til they arrive!

Now I'll just need my Mark.09 and I'll be a happy chappy.

Seele-01: I was actually watching your YouTube review of the Mark.06 figure last night so I'm pleased to see it passes mustard. Do you know if there are any other changes to this version's release, aside from the red Spear?
Warren Peace, #643919

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon May 27, 2013 7:42 pm

Rocket!!!
Where's the Rocket!!!!!???? :cringe:

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Re: Revoltech Evangelion Unit 06 problem

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon May 27, 2013 7:44 pm

View Original PostPainXIII12 wrote:ok the box showed that mark 06 had 2 heads, one was a head with the light plugin, the other was a head without. well i got two of the same head, anybody else have this problem?

Not that I know...
But 2 of which one? The normal or the light-able one?
I recall someone receiving an Eva 04 with 2 right pylons...

@Blue Monday:
besides the red Spear... Only the metallic blue hue of the main body...
Oh, and I saw the box at a friend's store... It's a-ma-zing!!! ;)

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon May 27, 2013 7:53 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Rocket!!!
Where's the Rocket!!!!!???? :cringe:

It's too huge and expensive to include.

But at the same time it's simple enough to scratchbuild it yourself.

"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Mon May 27, 2013 7:56 pm

They'll probably have the tendril/de-aggregated form of the rocket hopefully.

Also, that fan art is awesomely cute, haha.
Warren Peace, #643919

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon May 27, 2013 7:56 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:It's too huge and expensive to include.
But at the same time it's simple enough to scratchbuild it yourself.

For huge and expensive I'd pay a gigolo!

The rest is BS!!!
Get to work Kaiyodo!
I swear I'll skip this one unless I see a rocket! :lastresort:

gruntyguy
Embryo

Postby gruntyguy » Mon May 27, 2013 9:19 pm

Whats probably gonna happen with these 3.0 figures is the same that happened with the 2.0 figures. We're seeing the basic Eva and an accessory or two release. Later down the road, the sculpt might change to be better or they'll re-release with more accessories and gimmicks.
Like, I'm pretty sure for Eva-02, they did one, and then re-leased a newer better sculpt, better joints, and more accessories(which is the one I have.)
It'd be better to wait and see if something like that happens, but it's too risky, because once these figures are gone, they're gone. They've really got this industry locked down to get the most money.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon May 27, 2013 9:37 pm

View Original Postgruntyguy wrote:it's too risky, because once these figures are gone, they're gone. They've really got this industry locked down to get the most money.

The newbie's mouth speaks only thruthses!

The humanity!! :raincloud:

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue May 28, 2013 12:13 pm

I hope the Revoltechs look OK next to the Robot Damashiis, 'cause these new ones look brilliant.

Also, that fan-art is hilarious. Although Rei looks mega derpy.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby AR-99 » Tue May 28, 2013 12:50 pm

Had the opportunity to pick up Eva-04 this year at FanimeCon but for some reason thought I already had it. And I had brought a binder of printouts of my website to avoid buying duplicates, didn't consult it for this one. :facepalm:
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Killer Bee » Tue May 28, 2013 2:53 pm

View Original Postgruntyguy wrote:Whats probably gonna happen with these 3.0 figures is the same that happened with the 2.0 figures. We're seeing the basic Eva and an accessory or two release. Later down the road, the sculpt might change to be better or they'll re-release with more accessories and gimmicks.
Like, I'm pretty sure for Eva-02, they did one, and then re-leased a newer better sculpt, better joints, and more accessories(which is the one I have.)
It'd be better to wait and see if something like that happens, but it's too risky, because once these figures are gone, they're gone. They've really got this industry locked down to get the most money.

There will always be better versions of existing figures in the future, and then better versions of those figures and so on. You just have to decide whether the ones you can get now are worth buying or not. The Eva Evo Revoltechs are pretty much as good as Eva Revoltechs can get mechanics-wise. They fixed the shitty wrists and thighs that the first 2.0 ones had which were the only things hindering articulation. There's not much they can do to improve the 3.0 ones without scrapping either the sculptor or revolver joints, and then they wouldn't be Revoltechs anymore.

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:17 pm

View Original Postgruntyguy wrote:Whats probably gonna happen with these 3.0 figures is the same that happened with the 2.0 figures. We're seeing the basic Eva and an accessory or two release. Later down the road, the sculpt might change to be better or they'll re-release with more accessories and gimmicks.

Not really, the EvaEvos can still be had for relatively cheap and its been what 2yrs since Evo 01 was released. EvaEvo 04 is the only one thats gonna give you trouble. A comic/anime store downtown from me has all the Evos(cept 04) for about 50$ after tax each. They mass produce these things like no other and the 3.0s will be no different.
Now Bandai on the other hand.............THEY have the industry locked down.
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”