Lilith in 3.0 & Beyond

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Tue May 14, 2013 4:54 am

Not just the pylons, as I said, carbon copies:

SPOILER: Show

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby wiser3754 » Tue May 14, 2013 5:00 am

View Original PostJinroh wrote:They are carbon copy of unit 01, we talked about that somewhere in the forum.

What's your thoughts on the FOI's in the command room which houses Lilith's decapitated head, where Commander Ikari is standing with a pile of smaller FOI's reaching out to her? My thoughts are, they were human souls reforged in ADAMS image (or EVA 01 image).

BTW, how do I post an images, I've got the picture and I'd like to show you (I'm relatively new to forums).
I watch and speculate.

one-eyed
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby one-eyed » Tue May 14, 2013 5:57 am

One of the things that bothers me in relation to FoIs are the armors. If they were versions of Unit 01, I still think they should be naked! This armor leaves the situation forced, as if Anno wanted to connect them with Eva-01 and this was the only way he thought. Considering that the MPEs utilize armor copied from Eva 06, I wonder if the armor has other reason than to facilitate recognition. I still think all that forced.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue May 14, 2013 7:02 am

View Original Postone-eyed wrote:One of the things that bothers me in relation to FoIs are the armors. If they were versions of Unit 01, I still think they should be naked! This armor leaves the situation forced, as if Anno wanted to connect them with Eva-01 and this was the only way he thought. Considering that the MPEs utilize armor copied from Eva 06, I wonder if the armor has other reason than to facilitate recognition. I still think all that forced.

Well, whatever created the FoI used EVA-01 as an image for it, if it's tied to Rei's soul and EVA-01's body(if the both are related to Lilith like in NGE) her self image would be the body the soul inhabit, and Rei supposedly never saw EVA-01 "naked", so for her an image of EVA-01 includes the armor.

Besides as you said without the armor is impossible to recognize an EVA from another(except odd cases like EVA-02's four eyes), without including the armor it would impossible to connect the FoI with 01, even for those who have seen it armorless in NGE, and I don't even talk about the people who never saw NGE and don't have any idea what an EVA without the armor looks like!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

one-eyed
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby one-eyed » Tue May 14, 2013 7:29 am

I understood the practical reason of placing the armors (identification with Unit 01), just thought bizarre. The argument of self identification always displeased me: when Shinji was liquefied in Unit 01 after fight with Zeruel in NGE, he came out naked and his school uniform became the plugsuit, hypothetically because he saw himself as a pilot. Following the EoE, he left the sea with his school uniform and Asuka with various bandages again due to self image, then Lilith should appear with the school uniform as Quantum!Rei, but I think it would eliminate the fanservice and fandisservice in many parts. I still think the allegory weird. But the life is like this!

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Tue May 14, 2013 8:05 am

Well, there's something people tend to forget, in the orignal show Adam in his awakened form had what looked like an armor with Pylons.

I don't think the scientific team "dressed" him that way, but who knows. The eva logo we can see where eva 02 is contained in 2.22 also has a similar design.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:13 am

View Original PostJinroh wrote:I don't think the scientific team "dressed" him that way, but who knows.

In the Reiquarium/Full OP shots of the Katsuragi expedition unearthing Adam, he lacks pylons. Additionally, the "Adams" of NME are noticeably pylon-less, including awakened Eva-01 and awakened Eva-13.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue May 14, 2013 9:26 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:In the Reiquarium/Full OP shots of the Katsuragi expedition unearthing Adam, he lacks pylons. Additionally, the "Adams" of NME are noticeably pylon-less, including awakened Eva-01 and awakened Eva-13.

But didn't EVA-13 "grown" some pylons once awakened, just at the beginning of his awakening after his "normal" pylons exploded?
Last edited by ElMariachi on Tue May 14, 2013 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:40 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:But didn't EVA-13 "grown" some pylons once awakened, just at the beginning of his awakening after his "normal" pylons explode?

Ah, yes, forgot about that. But they weren't so much pylons as a big halo behind its head.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Tue May 14, 2013 10:07 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:In the Reiquarium/Full OP shots of the Katsuragi expedition unearthing Adam, he lacks pylons.

Read again what I wrote, I was talking about the awakened form.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue May 14, 2013 10:50 am

The FoI thread is not this one.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

K40s
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby K40s » Tue May 14, 2013 12:32 pm

View Original Postone-eyed wrote:Lilith should appear with the school uniform as Quantum!Rei
Well seeing how Rei Q hangs around completely naked at her shack, and Rei 2 not having a problem on being naked inside the LCL aquarium, how Zeruel after absorbing Rei 2 grows bare boobs, and Rei 2 being naked inside tEva-00's core when Shinji rescues her, maybe Rei's self image is herself naked?

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby wiser3754 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:49 am

If already posted and talked about, please point it out or just ignore.

The wound on Lilith's chest or torso in 1.11 in which the Spear has penetrated (the wound) has crosses growing out it from the ends and in the intersections. The now wounded red earth also has crosses growing or sprouting from the ground. Anyone believe that there's a connection here?

This goes with my theory that Lilith is the cause of red earth.
I watch and speculate.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:06 pm

View Original Postwiser3754 wrote:This goes with my theory that Lilith is the cause of red earth.

Lilith was obviously involved somehow considering that her corpse is at the epicenter of 3I, which is presumably the cause of the red earth. As to whether or not she was responsible for or even a willing participant in it is speculation, but remember that they also found a fusion of the 12th Angel and Eva Mark 06; it's more likely that something reached the dormant Lilith than Lilith reaching out to the Mark 06/12th Angel. Also, both Seele and Gendo have interests dependent upon Lilith's condition, so their involvement should be suspect as well.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:20 am

Since SEELE's plans involved resurrecting Lilith as part of a covenant so she could fulfill her unknown part of the deal, I really doubt that they planed that the 12th Angel would reach her, SEELE-01 explicitly says at the end of 1.0 that their part of the covenant includes to destroy all the Angels before resurrecting Lilith.

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby wiser3754 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:04 am

Real quick question, has anyone made the relationship of Lilith in NTE being that of Astrological origin in lieu of the Jewish mythological found in NGE?

My main reason for asking this is the three Black moon Lilith phenomenon found in Astrology which seems to tie into 3.0.
I watch and speculate.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:25 am

Did a quick Google search and came up with this: http://darkstarastrology.com/triple-moon-goddess-lilith-astrology/

Read into it what you must, but it is honestly very interesting reading.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby wiser3754 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:03 am

View Original PostSachi wrote:Did a quick Google search and came up with this: http://darkstarastrology.com/triple-moon-goddess-lilith-astrology/

Read into it what you must, but it is honestly very interesting reading.

Have you seen the symbol for black moon Lilith? It's very similar to a scene in 3.0, you'll know it when you see it.

Besides that, her head in the Control room, she's bleeding from the eyes, however they seem to be dripping off something inside her eyes and they're most likely those bolts which are supposedly meant to hold her mask on. But if they're still there, how did the mask come off? My simple answer is, SHE NEVER HAD ONE!

Also, the FOI around her head, did they grow from her body or id they grow from her neck? And that blood that's dripping from her eyes, is that what's causing more FOI to form and were building up in the shaft ABOVE the Seal?
I watch and speculate.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:58 am

The FOI didn't grow from Lilith- they ran towards her, as we see by the FOIs all around the remains of Tokyo-3.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:13 pm

^
Well, since they're all headless, that Lilith's Chamber is lettered with Eva-sized skulls and that they're all seen climbing out the Black Moon, it's more probable that they were born in the Chamber (maybe from the lake of LCL?) and sprinted to the surface, while a few of them branched out to reach for her head.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”