Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Mon May 06, 2013 1:54 pm

View Original PostThe Killer of Heroes wrote:I like SEED too, but shit does it fall apart once the Aegis blows up.

Yeah around there is where Seed is changing.While it still has it's moments there were few.The relationship between Athrun and Cagalli is so undeveloped to name a few of it's problems(haven't watched Destiny yet).Only one kiss in the pre-last episode?Out-of nowhere?While it isn't exactly out-of nowhere but they weren't so close for a kiss.I feel the creators forced the relationship so they could have Kira-Lacus and Athrun-Cagalli.
Last edited by Dima on Mon May 06, 2013 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Mon May 06, 2013 2:01 pm

They will probably announce it after Unicorn is over.

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:No it's absolutely terrible. It was much worse than Gundam seed Destiny imo and that is saying a lot

also my favorite gunpla Guru made a sarcastic video about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L89pNX1aYKc

Woah, this even got a Gunpla.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Mon May 06, 2013 2:26 pm

View Original PostTruthfulLie wrote:They could've made it up if Shin actually killed Kira in SEED Destiny (though it was probably too late to fix the shit at that point, they still had some chance of turning it around.)

Eh, SEED Destiny's problems run a bit deeper than that.

I still have no idea what motivated the writers to have Kira do what he did half of what he does in the series. Like, at first they set him up as a villain who's actions are actually causing more deaths in battle than not...but then that goes nowhere. Athrun yells at him once about it, but it goes nowhere. And the fact that it contradicts Shinn's reading of Kira in the series is never really meaningfully addressed in the series.

And did he kill Shinn's family or not? The first few times I saw the clip of them getting blown the fuck up, I was pretty sure that what was being communicated (And it would have given Shinn pretty good motivation to fucking hate Kira and want him to die), so...yeah. Also, Kira was "just testing Shinn" in their battle that ended with the Freedom being destroyed? Seriously!!??

And Athrun. Why is his character arc the same as in SEED?

Shinn. The hell is he such a hypocrite for? Why doesn't he ever learn anything? And why is his Destiny Gundam based on other iconic Mobile Suits (Namely the Shining and the F91, probably others I can't think of) from the series? While the idea of a Gundam character being based on negative traits of iconic heroes in the franchise (And having a Mobile Suit to visually represent that) is cool and dramatically fascinating...why doesn't this actually go anywhere? They make him the Darth Vader to Durandal's Sidious, but Shinn can hardly keep a coherent thought (Or screen-time!) throughout much of the series, or even have much of his own thoughts really, so it falls kind of flat.

Neo Roanoke. Why is he even alive in SEED Destiny? Why doesn't he ever do anything? Why did Shinn give Stella back to him despite knowing the Earth Alliance uses drugs on children to make them psychotic soldiers? Why is the analogy of Neo's situation and the Destiny Plan never brought up or addressed in the show?

And what the fuck is with the Destiny plan anyways? What drives Durandal to want to go through with it? How does he plan to enforce it? And was it him that tried to have Lacus Clyne assassinated or not?

These issues are just from memory. I've mostly got it figured out how I would fix my issues with SEED while still keeping the core themes of the show in tact (For the most part), but SEED Destiny is such a trainwreck that it overwhelmed me so much at first with its badness that I didn't even realized how bad it was until weeks after I watched it.

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Mon May 06, 2013 3:09 pm

View Original PostThe Killer of Heroes wrote:Eh, SEED Destiny's problems run a bit deeper than that.

I still have no idea what motivated the writers to have Kira do what he did half of what he does in the series. Like, at first they set him up as a villain whose actions are actually causing more deaths in battle than not...but then that goes nowhere. Athrun yells at him once about it, but it goes nowhere. And the fact that it contradicts Shinn's reading of Kira in the series is never really meaningfully addressed in the series.

And did he kill Shinn's family or not? The first few times I saw the clip of them getting blown the fuck up, I was pretty sure that what was being communicated (And it would have given Shinn pretty good motivation to fucking hate Kira and want him to die), so...yeah. Also, Kira was "just testing Shinn" in their battle that ended with the Freedom being destroyed? Seriously!!??

And Athrun. Why is his character arc the same as in SEED?

Shinn. The hell is he such a hypocrite for? Why doesn't he ever learn anything? And why is his Destiny Gundam based on other iconic Mobile Suits (Namely the Shining and the F91, probably others I can't think of) from the series? While the idea of a Gundam character being based on negative traits of iconic heroes in the franchise (And having a Mobile Suit to visually represent that) is cool and dramatically fascinating...why doesn't this actually go anywhere? They make him the Darth Vader to Durandal's Sidious, but Shinn can hardly keep a coherent thought (Or screen-time!) throughout much of the series, or even have much of his own thoughts really, so it falls kind of flat.

Neo Roanoke. Why is he even alive in SEED Destiny? Why doesn't he ever do anything? Why did Shinn give Stella back to him despite knowing the Earth Alliance uses drugs on children to make them psychotic soldiers? Why is the analogy of Neo's situation and the Destiny Plan never brought up or addressed in the show?

And what the fuck is with the Destiny plan anyways? What drives Durandal to want to go through with it? How does he plan to enforce it? And was it him that tried to have Lacus Clyne assassinated or not?

These issues are just from memory. I've mostly got it figured out how I would fix my issues with SEED while still keeping the core themes of the show in tact (For the most part), but SEED Destiny is such a trainwreck that it overwhelmed me so much at first with its badness that I didn't even realized how bad it was until weeks after I watched it.

Yeah, the problem was deeper at its core but at least they could've given Shin back his position as the main character as he was intended to be. And by killing Kira, the frustrated viewers could at least have some kind of satisfaction out of it! LoL. Either way it was beyond redemption I suppose. This is what happens when you let your idiot wife write the script. But to be fair, Fukuta is moron himself so yeah. I'm just glad that he didn't make any more of Cyber Formula series because that would've destroyed one of my childhood memories. The only positive thing I can point out is the Gundam design of the first generation GAT models(and some later models as well except Destiny which was just total fail) They are one of the best modern Gundam designs aside from 00. It's sad to imagine how the new generation will regard Seed as a classic someday seeing as how popular is enough to get remaster and all that.

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Mon May 06, 2013 3:30 pm

View Original PostTruthfulLie wrote:And by killing Kira, the frustrated viewers could at least have some kind of satisfaction out of it!

Funny you've been saying that, because it's actually how I'd "fix" SEED. :lol: It would resemble the main series for the most part, but with changes.

TKoH's SEED EDIT
>First 30ish episodes go as normal, up until the Aegis Battle
>Kira actually dies in the Aegis Explosion
>The next few episodes have Athrun realizing how horrible it truly is that he just killed his friend
>Likewise, Flay realizes her part in manipulating Kira to keep on fighting, and becomes more dedicated to helping the Archangel win the war as a result out of guilt
>Athrun, seeking redemption, joins the Archangel and forms an uneasy truce with the Archangel
>Attempts to embrace UNDERSTANDING like Kira would have
>Eventually runs into Dearka and Yzak in battle
>Tries to get them to UNDERSTAND, but they view Athrun's changing of sides as a betrayal (Citing Nicol's death in particular as a reason)
>Eventually Athrun has to accept that his old friends can't be persuaded and fights and kills them in battle
>Eventually he goes up against his former commander along Mu as well, similar to Kira in the original series
>Series ends on an uncertain note, with Athrun unsure if anything was really gained from the war or if his sacrifices really meant anything, as conflicts only seem to be temporarily halted from Rau's defeat and whatnot. Larger point would be that war is chaotic and can't be easily, permanently halted through UNDERSTANDING, or the death of one dude
>Somehow this transitions into Destiny, which I don't know how I'd handle

This version wouldn't have the druggies because fuck them. Also this might be too Athrun centric, but it also would serve as an homage to some old plans for the original 0079 series where Char was supposed to replace Amuro on the White Base partway through.

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Mon May 06, 2013 3:45 pm

View Original PostThe Killer of Heroes wrote:Funny you've been saying that, because it's actually how I'd "fix" SEED. :lol:

Yes, I think most people who recognized that there was some serious problem with Seed/Destiny would agree that Kira needed to die with the Aegis (but since he didn't many of us wanted him to die by Shin's hand at least but it wasn't meant to be. It wasn't meant to be...) and that Rakus and Kira should've never been together.

nervshatter
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby nervshatter » Mon May 06, 2013 7:02 pm

Alright Gundam nerds I have decided to finally purchase a master grade model kit(my first) but I am unsure as to which one to get, my original choices were between the Zeta Gundam and Nu Gundam but both were either sold out or just too pricy for the amount I want to spend right now, so my current choices are between Epyon, RX-78, RX-78NT-1 and Heavyarms. Any opinions?
*sigh* just kill me already.

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Mon May 06, 2013 10:57 pm

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:Alright Gundam nerds I have decided to finally purchase a master grade model kit(my first) but I am unsure as to which one to get, my original choices were between the Zeta Gundam and Nu Gundam but both were either sold out or just too pricey for the amount I want to spend right now, so my current choices are between Epyon, RX-78, RX-78NT-1 and Heavyarms. Any opinions?

Well if it's not too much out of your price range, do go with Nu Gundam (the one that recently came out, Ver. Ka). I doubt there are sold out for the most part. If not, I'd suggest RX-78 Ver. OYW. Personally It's one of the best RX-78 models out there.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Tue May 07, 2013 12:45 pm

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:Alright Gundam nerds I have decided to finally purchase a master grade model kit(my first) but I am unsure as to which one to get, my original choices were between the Zeta Gundam and Nu Gundam but both were either sold out or just too pricy for the amount I want to spend right now, so my current choices are between Epyon, RX-78, RX-78NT-1 and Heavyarms. Any opinions?

here are some reviews
Nu gundam version KA
heavy arms
epyon
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Tue May 07, 2013 2:45 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:here are some reviews
Nu gundam version KA
heavy arms
epyon

Man, it's nice that this guy gives a lot of information, but feels like too much for me. LOL. 10+ minutes each video and 10+ parts. That's like a movie right there. I usually just look at Dalong.net which gives me a general idea of how the kit will assemble.

nervshatter
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby nervshatter » Tue May 07, 2013 8:53 pm

Eh I went with the Heavyarms, I got it at a good deal of $50 bucks. I'll most likely pickup the Nu Gundam next or hopefully if I get lucky the Zeta Gundam :D.

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Wed May 08, 2013 6:37 am

I am thinking of buying Gundam Unicorn but i don't know if i should go with the HG(Unicorn mode)model or MG(Full Armour)
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

nervshatter
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby nervshatter » Wed May 08, 2013 5:21 pm

I'd say definitely go with the MG if you can afford it.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Wed May 08, 2013 5:57 pm

yeah I say MG it has a ton of features and seems like a fun build only problem that I know of with the MG FA Unicorn is it has weight issues due to all the weapons
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri

nervshatter
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby nervshatter » Wed May 08, 2013 6:25 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:yeah I say MG it has a ton of features and seems like a fun build only problem that I know of with the MG FA Unicorn is it has weight issues due to all the weapons

Weight issues are the worst. Just a while ago my HG Exia model took a plunge from the shelf its on, luckily it fell on my couch and didn't get damaged, but I guess it's time to buy a stand for it.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Wed May 08, 2013 7:52 pm

Learning to drop colonies and controle funnels at a young age

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Wed May 08, 2013 9:07 pm

I'd go to Haman elementary school.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Fri May 10, 2013 7:03 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:Learning to drop colonies and controle funnels at a young age

They've got a night dedicated to Bernie?!

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

trivia

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Sat May 11, 2013 7:47 pm

>Total slaps in Zeta: 30
>Slap ratio (Slaps per episode): 0.6
>0079 Mobile Suit Gundam Slap ratio (comparison rate): 0.37

Slaps received in Zeta:
>Kamille - 12
>Katz - 3
>Bright - 2
>Fa - 2
>Four - 2
>Jerid - 2
>Quattro - 2
>Roccoa - 2
>Amuro - 1
>Scirroco - 1
>Torres - 1

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Sat May 11, 2013 7:52 pm

^ Pretty much everything i hear about Gundam makes me more and more interested in and terrified of it. Honestly don't know if it would be a good or a bad idea to watch some of the series.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Return to “Anime and Manga”