Geofront/Moon Stuff

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Thu May 02, 2013 3:59 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu May 02, 2013 5:07 pm

View Original Postqu4d wrote:At the beginning of 3.33, when the tesseract becomes a falling star... aren't those those spikes, that we see at the end of the film?

SPOILER: Show

Pr0 MSPaint sk1llz

I wouldn't be surprised. It would mean that Kaworu is watching from Neo-Nerv, and it could also be one of the ways that Gendo figured out where to send the Mk.09.

Masterblast
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Masterblast » Thu May 02, 2013 8:36 pm

Okay, so a fourth impact happens in 3.0?
Just get on with instrumentallity or stop making impacts.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Thu May 02, 2013 8:42 pm

View Original PostMasterblast wrote:Okay, so a fourth impact happens in 3.0?
Just get on with instrumentallity or stop making impacts.

Their attempts at "Instrumentality" come with the Impacts. First comes the physical destruction in the Impact, it's then followed by "Instrumentality". The Third Impact that came to pass was another attempt at it. However I suggest you ask about Impacts here.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

jackysee
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby jackysee » Thu May 02, 2013 9:01 pm

Can anyone confirm that the term "white moon" appeared in the rebuild series?
I wish that I could turn back time
You can (not) redo

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Thu May 02, 2013 9:13 pm

View Original Postjackysee wrote:Can anyone confirm that the term "white moon" appeared in the rebuild series?

I do not believe it officially has, they just call it the"moon". We in the threads use that name to simplify our discussions and avoid confusion

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu May 02, 2013 9:20 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:I do not believe it officially has, they just call it the"moon". We in the threads use that name to simplify our discussions and avoid confusion

There is Lilith's black moon, Adam's white moon, and the moon moon. Sometimes it can get complicated. However, the term White moon has not been used yet in NME.

jackysee
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby jackysee » Thu May 02, 2013 10:16 pm

The term "white moon" appeared in NGE.
But I remember not in rebuild.
So it may have changed.
It may be that NGE white moon == Rebuild moon.
i.e. no white moon in Antarctica.
The moon is where Adams and angel originally based.
That's why SEELE setup a base there to build mk6, which is an angel in disguise.
I wish that I could turn back time
You can (not) redo

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri May 03, 2013 3:17 am

View Original Postjackysee wrote:The term "white moon" appeared in NGE.
But I remember not in rebuild.
So it may have changed.
It may be that NGE white moon == Rebuild moon.
i.e. no white moon in Antarctica.
The moon is where Adams and angel originally based.
That's why SEELE setup a base there to build mk6, which is an angel in disguise.

*Insert Zelda Majora's Mask reference*

Still, I remember that in the "Explanation of Evangelion" bonus in 1.11, The place where Kaworu wakes up is called "Provisional Excavation Site", implying that whatever that big thing with a violet mask Mark.06 was based from, it always has been on the moon and been excavated and fitted with Evangelion equipment directly on site.

Something tells me that the fact the moon crashed on Earth was actually planned by someone, and that we will hear more about it in Final...
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri May 03, 2013 3:27 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Still, I remember that in the "Explanation of Evangelion" bonus in 1.11, The place where Kaworu wakes up is called "Provisional Excavation Site", implying that whatever that big thing with a violet mask Mark.06 was based from, it always has been on the moon and been excavated and fitted with Evangelion equipment directly on site.

:derp: How did I never notice this before? This has huge implications! For some reason I just never thought about the giant on the moon, and even less about the possibility that it had already been there. Now the moon base itself makes sense! They weren't constructing the white giant there, they found it there!

I mean, I guess this should have been obvious, and apparently it was something known more or less since the airing of the first movie, but it only just struck me now, so, there's my reaction :lol:.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri May 03, 2013 3:33 am

From here, maybe it's possible that other things are buried in the Moon, and that SEELE and/or Gendo planned whatever event that made it crash in Earth to have more easily access to it's contents.

Hell, maybe EVA-13 is based from another buried giant extracted from the now relatively easily accessible moon!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Fri May 03, 2013 3:36 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote::derp: How did I never notice this before? This has huge implications! For some reason I just never thought about the giant on the moon, and even less about the possibility that it had already been there. Now the moon base itself makes sense! They weren't constructing the white giant there, they found it there!

I mean, I guess this should have been obvious, and apparently it was something known more or less since the airing of the first movie, but it only just struck me now, so, there's my reaction :lol:.

For some reason the scene of mark 6 on the moon always struck me as it being excavated not constructed even before reading any material outside of the movie. This could mean that the orbiting moon is somehow related to the White Moon but this also concerns me because wasn't the Second Impact based on Adams and the White Moon? (on which happened on Earth not the Moon)

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri May 03, 2013 3:59 am

View Original PostTruthfulLie wrote:For some reason the scene of mark 6 on the moon always struck me as it being excavated not constructed even before reading any material outside of the movie.

The funny thing is, so did I, but somehow I just never made the connection in a completely conscious way. I always knew that it had been excavated, but somehow the idea that the white giant had been there since time immemorial just did not click, almost like I thought it was grown/constructed somewhere on Earth then buried on the moon in the past 15 years for some unknowable reason :lol:. Call it force of mental habit of dealing with NGE. Plus there are still fan-theories that Adam was a single being who split into 4 at Second Impact. Maybe I had figured that the white giant had gotten up there as a result of that. :shrug:
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Mbryo
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Mbryo » Fri May 03, 2013 4:32 am

Well I doubt the 'split into four' theory since all four Adams seem to possess their own wings/halo/core
FUS roh Duh.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri May 03, 2013 4:32 am

The Mark.06's skin isn't actually white; that's actually a sort of tarpaulin/rubber wrap that covers it initially. When they are attaching the helmet to it you can see that it actually has dark, rubbery skin unlike Lilith's marshmallow skin.

That aside, possibly the drastic changes to the Moon's orbit and appearance could be explained by the Moon actually being an altered White Moon, or linked to the Adams to some extent. The Black Moon rises during 4I; possibly the White Moon was falling during 3I?
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri May 03, 2013 9:30 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:*Insert Zelda Majora's Mask reference*

The place where Kaworu wakes up is called "Provisional Excavation Site", implying that whatever that big thing with a violet mask Mark.06 was based from, it always has been on the moon and been excavated and fitted with Evangelion equipment directly on site.

Now, that's interesting. I wonder what it was derived from; if it were to be something of Angelic material... Wait, they had one of the spears up on the moon as well. Hmm. The plot thickens.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri May 03, 2013 9:42 am

The 2.0 storyboards have an omitted cut of a giant "blood" spurt from the South Pole hitting the Moon. My guess would be that it "launched" a burnt-out Adams and the Spear of Cassius, and Seele consequently discovered and excavated them.

(None of you folks were around for those threads, huh?)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Fri May 03, 2013 9:59 am

Question:
I'm not a genius when it comes to stuff like space, planets and moon, but does the moon spin in space? (like earth does)
Cause if it spins, it would be really creepy if people saw a gigantic bloodstains on the moon.

Edit: Seems like it doesn't......:tongue:

The 2.0 storyboards have an omitted cut of a giant "blood" spurt from the South Pole hitting the Moon. My guess would be that it "launched" a burnt-out Adams and the Spear of Cassius, and Seele consequently discovered and excavated them.

So, 4 Adams were "launched" to the moon by blood? that's why 4 bloodstains on the moon in 3.33?
Last edited by Giji Shinka on Fri May 03, 2013 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri May 03, 2013 10:11 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:The 2.0 storyboards have an omitted cut of a giant "blood" spurt from the South Pole hitting the Moon. My guess would be that it "launched" a burnt-out Adams and the Spear of Cassius, and Seele consequently discovered and excavated them.

I'll have to go back and rewatch those threads. It also explains a bit of how those coffins are on the moon. They are on top of the blood stain, meaning that they were placed there after the Second Impact occurred. I wouldn't be surprised if what you say is true, Reichu.

And I only joined after 3.0 was released; I see my mistake! I have found the errors of my ways!

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri May 03, 2013 12:27 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:The 2.0 storyboards have an omitted cut of a giant "blood" spurt from the South Pole hitting the Moon. My guess would be that it "launched" a burnt-out Adams and the Spear of Cassius, and Seele consequently discovered and excavated them.

Oh, so that's from where this famous bloodstain comes from! I always tough it was a EoE cameo/Sequel Theory hint from Anno!

But the presence of the Spear of Cassius on the Moon would imply that one of the 4 ADAMs during 2I had one instead of the classical Longinus type, and indeed that seems to be the case, look at the four Spears during the 2I flashback :
You can clearly see the two Longinus type on the background, the one at the forefront has the "screwy" pole... but the lowermost one has a smooth handle, it could probably be the Cassius one.

Now why one of the ADAMs had a different lance, was he the leader or something?

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”