What would you change about Evangelion?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Grimmjow
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Grimmjow » Thu May 02, 2013 2:11 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:The boobs were what drew me to the series anyway.
Suffer not the bishonen to live.

BOOBS FOR THE BOOB GOD

Rei HEADS FOR THE Rei THRONE.

That being said, I wouldn't change much about Eva. Maybe explain a few things more clearly, like the FAR and the role of Seele in everything.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Thu May 02, 2013 3:40 pm

I made a topic once where we discussed whether or not the series was long enough. Most said that Evangelion would benefit from more episodes, but not many more than maybe three or four, at most six.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu May 02, 2013 4:02 pm

View Original PostElect G-Max wrote:Oh, I'd add a Rei/Shinji/Kaworu love triangle, wherein Kaworu and Rei don't actually like each other but are nonetheless "magnetically" pulled together like Max and Tess on Roswell or Will Smith and that blond alien chick in Hancock. Oh yes, that would be delicious.

That's exactly my thought about their relationship, I never understood all the KaworuXRei stuff but a triangle between those three on the other hand....
View Original PostElect G-Max wrote:I'd also change ep24 so that Rei, rather than Shinji, is the one who kills Kaworu.

Well, in the second draft of episode 24 Rei volunteered to do that, because she was aware of Shinji's feelings for Kaworu (daaw), but Shinji refused to let her pilot Eva-01.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

redbomb
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby redbomb » Sun May 05, 2013 12:37 am

I would just delete Mari's entire existence.
Q  SPOILER: Show
Every other character is fine. Mari is just so irrelevant to everything and adds nothing whatsoever to the series besides being Asuka's sidekick. We thought we were going to learn about who she is and why she is important in 3.0 but no. There is one more movie left and I doubt they will be able to shed light on her background/story while still sticking to the main plot.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun May 05, 2013 1:19 am

View Original Postredbomb wrote:I would just delete Mari's entire existence.
But she doesn't even exist in the first place. This isn't the "What would you change about the Rebuilds" topic, you know.

And let's not be sloppy about spoilers when we still have a couple of weeks to go.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Elect G-Max
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Elect G-Max » Mon May 06, 2013 6:25 pm

I made a topic once where we discussed whether or not the series was long enough. Most said that Evangelion would benefit from more episodes, but not many more than maybe three or four, at most six.

If you're not going to extend it by a whole season, then you'd be better off just scrapping and replacing most of episodes 7-14.

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:That's exactly my thought about their relationship, I never understood all the KaworuXRei stuff but a triangle between those three on the other hand....

Well, in the second draft of episode 24 Rei volunteered to do that, because she was aware of Shinji's feelings for Kaworu (daaw), but Shinji refused to let her pilot Eva-01.

You and I need to write some fanfiction together.

Seriously.
"Whatever the story or the development of the characters, I made them without a plan... We only started working on the next script once the previous one was done." - Anno, 1996

"Sometimes, putting your toothbrush in its holder upside down can express your feelings towards life in general, your secret desire to commit suicide, the feelings for your long-lost mother that you never got to know, and your favorite color. But sometimes that toothbrush is simply a toothbrush." - Nuclear Lunchbox

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Wed May 08, 2013 5:51 am

I would introduce Asuka from the very beginning and add in a situation in which she can't pilot because her Eva unit is undergoing repairs until episode 8 when it's finally fixed.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Wed May 08, 2013 8:30 am

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:I would introduce Asuka from the very beginning and add in a situation in which she can't pilot because her Eva unit is undergoing repairs until episode 8 when it's finally fixed.

I can see this having some hilarious scenes. The thought of Asuka being left out of the battle with Ramiel, her giving Shinji the shit treatment when he first arrives, her trying to seduce him, and so on. You could have a lot of fun with that. QUICK! TO THE FANFICTION WRITERS!
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Wed May 08, 2013 10:14 am

It would also lead to endless boasting about how her Unit 02 is the best and how she can't believe that a test type like Unit 01 "got lucky" on it's first outing against an Angel. :tongue:
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Wed May 08, 2013 12:23 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:and how she can't believe that a test type like Unit 01 "got lucky" on it's first outing against an Angel. :tongue:

But that is what actually happened.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Wed May 08, 2013 12:28 pm

I would move whole setting to Russia. And immortal Putin would be fighting in Eva armed with progressive sickle and hammer.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

MoroNoKimi
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby MoroNoKimi » Wed May 08, 2013 12:32 pm

View Original PostStillborn wrote:I would move whole setting to Russia. And immortal Putin would be fighting in Eva armed with progressive sickle and hammer.

Someone needs to draw this. I need it because of reasons.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Wed May 08, 2013 1:37 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:But that is what actually happened.

Oops. :tongue: Anyway, if Asuka had seen the berserk Unit 01 from the beginning, would she had gotten the same "Is that what i'm piloting?" reaction, or would she be like, "Eh, that's why they call them test types." That's a cool reason for wanting Asuka to be around since episode 1 due to the possibilities of her launching her own covert investigation ala Misato and Kaji snooping around.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Wed May 08, 2013 1:43 pm

I don't think Asuka would have the means or interests in launching her own investigation, i don't think she would have a reason to suspect anything, either.

I think seeing the Unit 01's god powers would actually be benefical for her in the long run, if she knew that Unit 01's was so vastly superior to her eva in it's very nature, then she wouldn't have been as broken with Shinji surpassing her, and might even be proud that she could measure up to him up to the very end (EoE).
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:54 am

Replace Shinji with Kaworu, how'd ya like that?

Jurrasic
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Jurrasic » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:13 am

View Original PostStillborn wrote:I would move whole setting to Russia. And immortal Putin would be fighting in Eva armed with progressive sickle and hammer.

-o-; That is very nearly sig-worthy.
"Yes ladies and gentlemen, in France Asuka swears like a sailor and confirms that she's the butch of her apparent lesbian relationship with Mari, Mari insults people that ignore her, and Shinji Ikari tells to Sakura Suzuhara and Misato Katsuragi to go fuck themselves!" -ElMariachi

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:27 am

I would make Toji and Hikari pilots. Their relationship could be subsequently Anno-ised to become an attack on romance in mecha anime. Also, more MP Evas.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:15 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:I would make Toji and Hikari pilots. Their relationship could be subsequently Anno-ised to become an attack on romance in mecha anime. Also, more MP Evas.
Give EVA Unit 04 to Kaworu.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:21 am

View Original PostKatana wrote:Give EVA Unit 04 to Kaworu.

Hikari pilots an MP Eva. Toji pilots Eva-03. Kensuke gets to pilot Pen-Pen.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:24 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Hikari pilots an MP Eva. Toji pilots Eva-03. Kensuke gets to pilot Pen-Pen.
And Kaji gets to pilot Misato's body. MP Evas are too much for Hikari, don't you think?

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”