Mark.06 in 3.0 Discussion

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:39 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:I'm sorry. Back on topic, if The Mark 06 is just an empty husk housing the 12 Angel, what happened to all the mechanical/organic parts that are usually in the Eva? If the Eva absorbed the Angel, there really isn't anyplace for the Angel to go.

My only theory is that it sucked the Angel into its body or its core like Rei did to Armisael in NGE by inverting Unit-00's ATF. Although since its core didn't swell up I'm more inclined to think it was sucked into the body or armor somehow.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:57 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:I'm not so sure about that. When the Mark 06 is spinning around, it looks like parts of the Mark 06 (namely it's legs) are just spinning and not flinging around. It makes me think that the 12th Angel isn't taking up the whole inside of the Mark 06 and looking for a way out, where Rei offers it an easy opening when the head is cut off.

Perhaps the 12th angel of Rebuild is the Iruel of NGE. It could be inside the Eva and control it without removing any of the mechanisms.

Rawinder
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Rawinder » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:57 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:I suppose that Mark.06 was originally able to keep to Angel at bay. However, when it pierced itself with the Spear, it destroyed its core in the process. (Eva-01 seems to have been more lucky with the Spear of Cassius!)

Maybe because Eva-01 had two cores at the time?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:42 pm

View Original PostRawinder wrote:Maybe because Eva-01 had two cores at the time?

As far as I've been able to discern, the second core (Eva-00/Rei) is similar to the other Radiant Giant features, and disappears as soon as Eva-01 is skewered through the primary (Yui) core. In other words, the two cores make no difference in the end; Yui's on a spit-rod, but if Fuyutsuki is to be believed she's still fine and dandy as of 3.0.

It could be that there are fundamental differences between the Spears, such that a Cassius-type can penetrate a core without destroying it. Or maybe it's just a matter of whether one receives "critical" damage or not. I have no idea.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Charsi
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Charsi » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:27 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:I'm not so sure about that. When the Mark 06 is spinning around, it looks like parts of the Mark 06 (namely it's legs) are just spinning and not flinging around. It makes me think that the 12th Angel isn't taking up the whole inside of the Mark 06 and looking for a way out, where Rei offers it an easy opening when the head is cut off.

Watching the high quality ver, you can see one of Eva-06's arms swell and writhe, noticably larger than the other. It's like there's something moving around inside it. The swelling traverses up the arm to the shoulder and head - you can see the helmet swell in turn and the head twitch and move right before Rei's scythe cuts through the neck.

She even says it was "on orders". IMO, she was ordered to decapitate Eva-06 once the spear immobilizing it was removed.

This makes me wonder about the "quickening" eva from the 3.33 previews. Perhaps that concept - a, er, swelling eva - somewhat literally transformed into this.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:49 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:As far as I've been able to discern, the second core (Eva-00/Rei) is similar to the other Radiant Giant features, and disappears as soon as Eva-01 is skewered through the primary (Yui) core. In other words, the two cores make no difference in the end; Yui's on a spit-rod, but if Fuyutsuki is to be believed she's still fine and dandy as of 3.0.

It could be that there are fundamental differences between the Spears, such that a Cassius-type can penetrate a core without destroying it. Or maybe it's just a matter of whether one receives "critical" damage or not. I have no idea.

Maybe there is no need to spear the core to immobilize the target, just connecting flesh do the trick. After all, Lilith don't have a core and the lance of Longinus still kept her immobilized.
Maybe piercing the core is more efficient but at the cost of damages to the immobilized target?
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:30 am

I laughed when Rei cut the head off. It spun in such a comical fashion that I couldn't help it. :lol:

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:54 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Maybe there is no need to spear the core to immobilize the target, just connecting flesh do the trick. After all, Lilith don't have a core and the lance of Longinus still kept her immobilized.
Maybe piercing the core is more efficient but at the cost of damages to the immobilized target?

Well, Yui can apparently still put the Eva in an awakened state and it's functioning as a power source for the Wunder currently, so I guess we should assume the core was not damaged.

And I'm nothing like you

palerider1911
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby palerider1911 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:27 pm

Have we ever seen a Lance of Longinus [or of Cassius, for that matter] used to kill its target, aside from Arael in NGE?

I feel safe assuming that their main purpose is to suspend the beings pierced by them. So, all of this speculation over whether any lance destroyed any core seems out of place.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:15 pm

View Original Postpalerider1911 wrote:So, all of this speculation over whether any lance destroyed any core seems out of place.

I brought it up as an explanation for how the 12th Angel was able to completely take over Mark.06 once the Spears were removed. Track back for more details.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:35 am

View Original Postpalerider1911 wrote:Have we ever seen a Lance of Longinus [or of Cassius, for that matter] used to kill its target, aside from Arael in NGE?

I feel safe assuming that their main purpose is to suspend the beings pierced by them. So, all of this speculation over whether any lance destroyed any core seems out of place.

Well in EoE Eva-02 was killed after being Speared several times (although one Spear in the head didn't kill it, and it could still enter powerless beserk until it died). The MP Evas also seem to die after they Spear their cores, although I'm not sure if they die because of Spearing their cores or if they die afterwards when Eva-01 reverses Instrumentality.

And I'm nothing like you

palerider1911
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby palerider1911 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:40 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Well in EoE Eva-02 was killed after being Speared several times (although one Spear in the head didn't kill it, and it could still enter powerless beserk until it died).

Hm.

Well, personally, I wouldn't call that a death by Spears of Longinus. They...kinda ripped Unit-02 to pieces. Image

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:The MP Evas also seem to die after they Spear their cores, although I'm not sure if they die because of Spearing their cores or if they die afterwards when Eva-01 reverses Instrumentality.

I'd think their petrification is more due to the end of Instrumentality. I mean....I doubt Instrumentality would have given them "better" fates in the end, but I wouldn't say their replica Lances killed them.[/img]

Veefy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Veefy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:58 am

In the last shot of 2.0 we see Kaworu in Mark06 presumably? in control of it. After Unit 01 just got speared by a Spear of Cassius to stop it becoming a god.

Did that same Spear of Cassius end up being used against Lilith? Presumably after someone pulled it out of Unit01 (because it doesn't seem to be in Unit01 when its recovered from the Tesseract at the start of the movie). Kaworu seems to expect the Spear of Cassius to be one of the weapons there and then comes to some realisation that they are both Lances of Longinus and pulling them out will lead to BAD STUFF happening which Shinji ignores.

It is sure convenient that Kaworu never specifically tells Shinji what his role in the previous events was. Possibly he did play some sort of active role after presumably descending to the earth from the moon. Or did he sit on the sideline while everything involving Mark06 and Lilith and the pile of skulls took place?

palerider1911
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby palerider1911 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:00 pm

View Original PostVeefy wrote:In the last shot of 2.0 we see Kaworu in Mark06 presumably? in control of it. After Unit 01 just got speared by a Spear of Cassius to stop it becoming a god.

Did that same Spear of Cassius end up being used against Lilith? Presumably after someone pulled it out of Unit01 (because it doesn't seem to be in Unit01 when its recovered from the Tesseract at the start of the movie). Kaworu seems to expect the Spear of Cassius to be one of the weapons there and then comes to some realisation that they are both Lances of Longinus and pulling them out will lead to BAD STUFF happening which Shinji ignores.

It is sure convenient that Kaworu never specifically tells Shinji what his role in the previous events was. Possibly he did play some sort of active role after presumably descending to the earth from the moon. Or did he sit on the sideline while everything involving Mark06 and Lilith and the pile of skulls took place?

Well, however it was that it went down, one thing I feel certain off is that this Kaworu was not piloting Mk.06 during whatever it was that took place in Central Dogma.

Veefy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Veefy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:59 pm

View Original Postpalerider1911 wrote:Well, however it was that it went down, one thing I feel certain off is that this Kaworu was not piloting Mk.06 during whatever it was that took place in Central Dogma.

Yes I tend to agree.

Mt Olympus
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Mt Olympus » Sun May 12, 2013 6:18 am

When Mk6 transforms into that red embryo it reminds me of the angel in the lava from the TV series.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun May 12, 2013 6:22 am

View Original PostMt Olympus wrote:When Mk6 transforms into that red embryo it reminds me of the angel in the lava from the TV series.

The fetus is the 12th Angel, not Mark.06.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Sun May 12, 2013 6:40 am

I watched the preview again, and found something interesting. Right where its horn is, there's some kind of light on mark.06's face.

It could look like a third eye. Evas logos in nerv also have a third "eye". Some people suggest that shogoki is an Adam because in its awakened form it has what could look like a third eye (even though it's been shown it possesses only two in its normal form.

If mark.06 has 3 eyes, tadam, there you might have your 3 eyed Adam.
Last edited by Jinroh on Sun May 12, 2013 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Sun May 12, 2013 7:09 am

Although, why did Seele put the 3rd eye onto i'ts helmet if the "purple Seele mask" covers Mark.06's eyes.....? (Nitpicking a bit)
Last edited by Giji Shinka on Sun May 12, 2013 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Sun May 12, 2013 7:13 am

Nothing tells us the "lilith" looking mask is still there under the helmet.

But anyway, it's just a speculation, if we really wanted to rely on the number of eyes we'd need an Adam full of them since Mark.09 has eyes all over the face, and it seems to be its real face.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”