Mark.06 in 3.0 Discussion

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:27 pm

I'm not so sure the Mark 06 impaled Lilith first before impaling itself. It would be very awkward to have it impale Lilith and than sort of "fall into place" where it is. I think it would make more sense if the Mark 06 impaled both itself and Lilith at the same time.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:31 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:I think it would make more sense if the Mark 06 impaled both itself and Lilith at the same time.

Mark.06 is using both arms to impale itself, and is frozen in the process of self-impalement.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:34 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Mark.06 is using both arms to impale itself, and is frozen in the process of self-impalement.

So would that mean that the Mark 06 is immediately frozen in place when the spear impales it? I was thinking there might have been some delay and it began to slowly freeze into place.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:36 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:I was thinking there might have been some delay and it began to slowly freeze into place.

Wasn't any delay when Eva-01 got skewered. Granted that was a Cassius-type, but the two kinds of Spears probably "suspend" targets the same way.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

andreh
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby andreh » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:47 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Figured out what happened to the Mark.06. Watch frame-by-frame as the 12th Angel comes out. You can clearly see that the arms becomes limp, empty sleeves. Implying that the entire Eva became, basically, a husk housing the 12th Angel. There's nothing left.
SPOILER: Show

It seems that the 12th Angel consumed all the flesh of Mark06 :devil:

About the case of Lilith: well, it seems that at some point there was a war in Geofront (bullet shot everywere, pool of blood on the pyramid, etc). What bothers me most is the way Lilith died: it looks like she left the cross and tried to walk (or walked and fell) and extended his armto reach something or beg for his life... LOL -o-;
I do not speak English natively. If you see any error, blame my teacher or Google Translate LOL

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:06 am

Because it's nice to have pans that aren't from crappy reencodes or ruined by JPEG

SPOILER: Show
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Rawinder
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Rawinder » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:16 am

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:I'm not so sure the Mark 06 impaled Lilith first before impaling itself. It would be very awkward to have it impale Lilith and than sort of "fall into place" where it is. I think it would make more sense if the Mark 06 impaled both itself and Lilith at the same time.

I wasn't saying that Mark.06 impaled Lilith and then itself, but rather a third party (basically another Eva in the area) impaled Lilith and then, before or after that, Mark.06 impales itself.

With the way the spear is going through Lilith, it would have had to have been thrown from above into her, similar to how the Spear of Cassius was thrown from above into Unit-01.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:23 am

View Original Postandreh wrote: What bothers me most is the way Lilith died: it looks like she left the cross and tried to walk (or walked and fell) and extended his armto reach something or beg for his life... LOL -o-;

I thought the same thing; another interesting detail is that whoever did the deed was able to completely slit Lilith's belly. I'm inclined to believe the Mark.06 used its ATF to do that, or it may have been cumulative damage from other attacks.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:20 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:I thought the same thing; another interesting detail is that whoever did the deed was able to completely slit Lilith's belly. I'm inclined to believe the Mark.06 used its ATF to do that, or it may have been cumulative damage from other attacks.

I'd say cumulative damage. It would be an easy way of explaining the presence of all of the skulls.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:35 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I'd say cumulative damage. It would be an easy way of explaining the presence of all of the skulls.

How does cumulative damage to Lilith explain the skulls?

This is getting off-topic fast~!
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:37 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:How does cumulative damage to Lilith explain the skulls?

This is getting off-topic fast~!

Military, maybe. FOIs, perhaps since they're all headless? I'm just fanwanking here.

Sorry for the off topic.

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:23 am

One question remains it on Earth did become so freaking large! Absorbing the 12th Angel? You get good idea of its size when Mark.09 slices and dices its head off!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:29 am

View Original PostRei IV wrote:One question remains it on Earth did become so freaking large!

Fusing with Lilith while she was in the process of actively swelling? Hence, Mark.06 grew along with her? (Even the armor... lol FLCL-logic.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:31 am

Guess it's one of those "mysteries" that are only theorized by speculation. But yeah, I guess that seems plausible.

:lol:

andreh
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby andreh » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:38 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:I thought the same thing; another interesting detail is that whoever did the deed was able to completely slit Lilith's belly. I'm inclined to believe the Mark.06 used its ATF to do that, or it may have been cumulative damage from other attacks.

I agree. rottenness over time might have helped too.

Another things:
1 - how can the armor of 06 be in perfect conditions? How the angel entered in his body?
2 - if 06 was possessed by the 12th angel isn't dangerous he would be merge with Lilith? Did the attack of the Angel was really accidental or was it premeditated?
:bigeyes:

Yes, I love conspiracy theories :lol:
I do not speak English natively. If you see any error, blame my teacher or Google Translate LOL

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:49 am

View Original Postandreh wrote:If 06 was possessed by the 12th angel isn't dangerous he would be merge with Lilith?

That's part of my belief that Shinji's Near Third Impact is different from the real third Impact. I realize this is slightly off topic, but Kaworu mentions Shinji started Near-Third Impact, but mentions that Lilith's Chamber is the epicenter of Third Impact. I assume Shinji's N3I led to the problems which possibly allowed the 12 Angel into Dogma with the Mark 06 and start the real 3I. Not to mention the damage Shinji's Impact caused doesn't seem to encompass what is shown in Apocalyptic Tokyo 3. Maybe the Angel went after Lilith in the chamber and the Mark 06 used the second lance during the event?

I realize I'm just making bullshit up to assume what went on with the Mark 06.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:55 am

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:I realize this is slightly off topic

Yeah, the timeskip Impact-y stuff is being covered here.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:59 am

I'm sorry. Back on topic, if The Mark 06 is just an empty husk housing the 12 Angel, what happened to all the mechanical/organic parts that are usually in the Eva? If the Eva absorbed the Angel, there really isn't anyplace for the Angel to go.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:07 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:what happened to all the mechanical/organic parts that are usually in the Eva?

I suppose that Mark.06 was originally able to keep to Angel at bay. However, when it pierced itself with the Spear, it destroyed its core in the process. (Eva-01 seems to have been more lucky with the Spear of Cassius!) Hence, the Angel became the sole life-force inside the Eva. Once the Spear was removed, the Angel was free to begin converting the Eva's mass into its own. If you observe the spinning Mark.06 carefully, it looks like it's about to "burst open at the seams" right before it's conveniently decapitated. I suppose Rei didn't do anything but speed up the inevitable release of the Angel.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:11 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:If you observe the spinning Mark.06 carefully, it looks like it's about to "burst open at the seams" right before it's conveniently decapitated. I suppose Rei didn't do anything but speed up the inevitable release of the Angel.

I'm not so sure about that. When the Mark 06 is spinning around, it looks like parts of the Mark 06 (namely it's legs) are just spinning and not flinging around. It makes me think that the 12th Angel isn't taking up the whole inside of the Mark 06 and looking for a way out, where Rei offers it an easy opening when the head is cut off.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”