[NO SPOILERS] Evangelion 3.33 on Blu-ray and DVD April 24th

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment is scheduled to debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:12 pm

Ornette, has the trailer for Final been updated?

Warren Peace
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:14 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:Im kinda sad that the mouse pad is small and Im even more disappointed that the soundtrack comes in the movie case rather than separately. Otherwise looks like a solid release. (its funny how a person in NA got their copy before Japanese people lol).

Is it just me or does the picture of the film from /a/ looks much more shinier than the other copies people are getting

That first one we saw in this thread? I think it was still in shrink-wrap, is all.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:36 pm

View Original Postqu4d wrote:Ornette, has the trailer for Final been updated?

If it has, it may have been cleaned up, the CG looks better than I remembered it being. The next episode clip is still the same thing though.

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:46 pm

Oki doki, thank you.

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:47 pm

So the "God Warrior" special is actually part of the movie's runtime when you play it or I did complete misinterpret that?

The Rei mousepad seems like such a shoddy product, even if it is Rei. A film strip would've suffice, IMHO. What the heck were they thinking!?

:uhh:

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:52 pm

The movie wasn't produced on film anymore. It was a digital projection. So no more film strips.

Chiral_Spiral
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Chiral_Spiral » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:35 pm

I'm so jealous of all y'all at getting the Blu Ray, although I suppose in a few short days I'll have a shiny fansub to call my own. I just wish I could have monetarily supported the film with my first viewing.

Stan
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:47 pm

View Original PostRei IV wrote:So the "God Warrior" special is actually part of the movie's runtime when you play it or I did complete misinterpret that?

From what I've read the god warrior clip comes on as soon as you put in the disc. Then the main menu comes up from where you choose to play the film. Im not sure if you would call it "part of the film" and its hard to believe that its runtime would be included with the films since it does play b4 the main movie menu :/

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:08 pm

Thanks for the clarification! I get it now. I'll just skip it or actually take the time to watch it. Would've been better if we actually got 10 minutes of additional footage for the film instead of that.

:uhh:

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:12 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:From what I've read the god warrior clip comes on as soon as you put in the disc. Then the main menu comes up from where you choose to play the film. Im not sure if you would call it "part of the film" and its hard to believe that its runtime would be included with the films since it does play b4 the main movie menu :/

No, the film starts to play when you put the disc in, it's probably just how my BD player is setup (as in "autoplay" when disc is inserted). It starts with the "God Warrior" Ghibli short because that's literally the beginning of the film, it's the first chapter. You can easily skip to the next chapter, I did it by going to the main menu and just selecting whatever chapter it was that was the beginning of the Evangelion part of the BD.

saigo182
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby saigo182 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:14 pm

Q  SPOILER: Show
10 minutes of Kaji in the Lilim place, that Asuka talks about.

With Touji and Kensuke, Hikari.

Also pen pen being the king.

:( I hope they are alive.
Last edited by saigo182 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hatsumi92
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Hatsumi92 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:15 pm

The majority of Japanese DVD and BD's play the feature as soon as you put in the disc. The menu only appears when the feature is finished. This goes for episodic series' and films.

chuj5
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby chuj5 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:20 pm

[quote="View Original Postsaigo182":3px322f8][/quote:3px322f8]
Is that a spoiler?
What did I just read...?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:28 pm

View Original Postchuj5 wrote:What did I just read...?
Just some fevered imaginings. Pay them no heed.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|🕊|🐸|MAL

Chroma
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Chroma » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:36 pm

Awwww shiiiiit. Just heard the good news. First time back to the forum in months. Assuming we get the 2.22 sub-release time (it was only 4 days later), we can get this Saturday or Sunday.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS HYPE, MY FRIENDS?
"What we needed were not words and promises, but the steady accumulation of small realities."
South of the Border, West of the Sun - Haruki Murakami

Fics: Ao3 https://archiveofourown.org/users/Sensha_do

Stan
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:37 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:No, the film starts to play when you put the disc in, it's probably just how my BD player is setup (as in "autoplay" when disc is inserted). It starts with the "God Warrior" Ghibli short because that's literally the beginning of the film, it's the first chapter. You can easily skip to the next chapter, I did it by going to the main menu and just selecting whatever chapter it was that was the beginning of the Evangelion part of the BD.

Well there you have it Rei IV, the main menu only comes up if you press the button for it to come up, otherwise it just plays the entire film when you put in the disc (I guess thats how Jap. films work?). And yeah, it is very weird how they didn't throw the clip into the extra features

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:15 pm

Oh my god.... it's beautiful. In my house & testing the BD. Why do I have to go to work?!

kboyrulez12345
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby kboyrulez12345 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:17 pm

@Ornette, If you have a chance, can you look up that "3.33 ver" dialogue thing and tell me what that is?

I'm quite curious. I wonder if it's like, some parallel dialogue or something. Also, if you know Japanese, you can translate that 66 page booklet. Hope I'm not asking too much.

:)
Last edited by kboyrulez12345 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just a guy who likes Anime. Could be turning into an Otaku...

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:19 pm

View Original Postkboyrulez12345 wrote:@Ornette, If you have a chance, can you look up that "3.33 ver" dialogue thing and tell me what that is?

That would be dialogue newly added to this version. Most likely it's stuff you hear in the background only.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

kboyrulez12345
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby kboyrulez12345 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:20 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:That would be dialogue newly added to this version. Most likely it's stuff you hear in the background only.

Ah cool. Looks like their will be some extra tidbits from the film then that hints toward Final.
Just a guy who likes Anime. Could be turning into an Otaku...

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”