What are you currently playing? [3]

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:10 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:If you're thinking of getting a 3DS and have the money to do so; do it.

:D

Dude, they got Ocarina of Time, what's there to think about? Haha. And if anything ever comes of Operation Moonfall, Majora's Mask would seal the deal for me personally.

And yeah, get involved with Pokemon Black/White 2. HeartGold/SoulSilver too while you're at it...

I love Ocarina of Time and still have my N64 copy lol but besides the updated graphics and the 3D does the 3DS version include new features? Operation Moonfall would be epic it's a shame that nothing has been officially announced.

View Original PostJune wrote:Fire Emblem Awakening and the soon to come SMT IV make it worth it.

I remember playing Fire Emblem for the GBA unfortunately never got around to finishing it but it was pretty good so I'll definitely give the new release a try, also Snake Eater which happens to be my 2nd favorite MGS is on the 3DS as well. I think I can say that i'm sold on the 3DS and planning to pick one up next week on payday :D
*sigh* just kill me already.

ssguy
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ssguy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:05 am

This is the best game ever.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:41 am

- playing Pokemon Black 2
- battling Ghetsis
- Electross sweeps my whole team because Levitate
- try again
- Espeon vs Cofagrigus
- last hit gives Espeon Mummy ability
- sends out Electross
- one Crunch, Espeon down
- Electross now has Mummy
- gets shit on by my Excadrill's Earthquake
- Excadrill goes on to sweep three more of Ghetsis's Pokemon
- mfw

Sorry for the improvised greentext. :lol: It just seemed like the best way to relate this little episode.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:37 am

It's still Skyrim here.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby MAGI_01 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:18 am

Bought Disgaea: Hour of Darkness off of PSN yesterday. I am really liking it so far. I have to thank BPES for suggesting it to me!
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:25 am

Dark Souls II gameplay preview vid was released yesterday, and i wish i could play it already. Too bad it's not released until year 014...................... :spout: :raincloud: :headbash:

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:44 am

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:Dark Souls II gameplay preview vid was released yesterday, and i wish i could play it already. Too bad it's not released until year 014...................... :spout: :raincloud: :headbash:
I-is it confirmed for 2014?

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:24 pm

View Original Postliquidus118 wrote:I-is it confirmed for 2014?

Yea, i think it will be released sometime between February and May.

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:44 pm

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:Yea, i think it will be released sometime between February and May.
Aww, I was hoping to play it this Winter.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:09 pm

What have I gotten myself into again, CJD

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:45 pm

FarCry 3 Blood Dragon looks pretty insane hopefully its more than just a re-skin of the original FarCry 3 and the original Kyle Reese(Michael Biehn) is voicing the main character that is just epic! :D

http://youtu.be/jM825bNGRZQ
*sigh* just kill me already.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:14 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Image
What have I gotten myself into again, CJD

Oh man, that image brings back memories. I would renew my membership and hop back on Oldscape again if only I had the money. Have you played any Castle Wars? Is it the same 100v100 carnage fest like I remembered it being years ago?
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

CaliGari
Embryo

Postby CaliGari » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:54 pm

View Original PostJune wrote:Good man, Nocturne is my favorite in the main series.

I've been meaning to try more SMT other than spin-offs (Persona series), I liked Devil Summoner a lot as well.
I wish I had more free time so I could finish it faster, derp (Damn long and enjoyable games).

GAR Shinji
Embryo

Postby GAR Shinji » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:35 am

Re-playing Super Mario 64, for old time's sake.
With this hand, I'll create victory! My courage will NEVER DIE!

sephiros
Lilith

Postby sephiros » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:51 am

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:Oh man, that image brings back memories. I would renew my membership and hop back on Oldscape again if only I had the money. Have you played any Castle Wars? Is it the same 100v100 carnage fest like I remembered it being years ago?

They had a deal a little while ago, if you made a new account, you could get members for $2 for the first month. They also decided against a fee for old school RS. I played with a couple friends for a week or two. Totally worth it to wear out all that nostalgia.
Godzilla never had an AT Field!!
You dumbass, what the hell else do you think I'm talking about? We're gonna combine!!
If the demon is truly big, then we are no match for it. It's irrational. It's impossible. It's against my religion.
Your victory was a Deus Ex Machina, ergo that cake is a lie!

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Older Rps. Bl

Postby Alaska Slim » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:37 am

Dungeon Siege II

Originally played this as a demo back in 2005, I've been straining to remember the name of it ever since. One quick wiki search two weeks ago, and the mystery was solved.

Really just a Diablo II clone with updated graphic, I'm liking the story as it's a fantasy tale I at least haven't seen the likes of before, but I wouldn't say it's anything special.

I'm kind of wondering why the big bad hasn't come after me, considering I have 3/4 of the macguffin he's been looking for like a demon possessed, and he has all-seeing dark mages who can tell him exactly where I am. Well a mage now, I've killed the other 4.

I also, after 10 years of beating around the bush, purchased a copy of Homeworld 2. It didn't come in a cardboard box like I expected, it's just a Keep case with a disk, but it works.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:28 am

View Original Postsephiros wrote:They had a deal a little while ago, if you made a new account, you could get members for $2 for the first month. They also decided against a fee for old school RS. I played with a couple friends for a week or two. Totally worth it to wear out all that nostalgia.

Wait so I can get Old RS (the free parts) if I make a new account?

EDIT: They advertise that free players can now play Old Scape also. However, when I go to play I still need to be a member.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:46 am

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:Wait so I can get Old RS (the free parts) if I make a new account?

EDIT: They advertise that free players can now play Old Scape also. However, when I go to play I still need to be a member.

Yes.
You have to be a member to play 07 version.
However, Jagex said something like this somewhere: "If we get more players in 07, we consider on making it free-to-play."

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:44 pm

As a huge avid gamer myself, I expose myself to many varieties of games, such as the casual playing of Pokemon, to the experienced drama of Mass Effect, and with the growing trend of games for the older age group, a lot of deep and complex issues are laced within the story, such as dealing with the pain of universal genocide of Mass Effect 3, to the subtle messages of slavery and human dominance of pokemon.

A lot of these issues are brushed aside when we play these games, cause if we play our cards right, everything will turn out all hunky-dory. Even in depressing games like Silent Hill, where our protagonists usually escape the eldritch horrors of the town.

....But, never in my wildest years did I ever think I would be exposed to the traumatising drama and pain that is from my newest edition to Steam: Telltale's The Walking Dead.
SPOILER: Show

Made by Telltales, known for making great classic comedies, such as Sam and Max, Tales of Monkey Island, and many, many others, THIS game SHATTERS ALL THOSE EXPECTATIONS.

As a huge fan of zombie apocalypse games (Resident Evil, Bioshock, etc...), I would've never thought in my entire life that a simple point-and-click would leave me this emotionally torn and shocked. Here, I thought I was going in getting the classics of a zombie outbreak.

...Fuck.

This game...creates the exact turmoil and pain that would come from a zombie apocalypse, and there's no suger-coating it, whatsoever. Even in some games, like Mass Effect, has decisions that have everlasting consequences. But, even in those games, if you play your cards right, EVERYONE LIVES.

This...is not true in this game. This is as close to real life as a game would get. There is no backtracking, no pacifism route you can take, no "Third Option" in these choices. You are going to have to make some terrible choices in this game, and people are going to die, old AND young. Friendships will be made, betrayals will be discovered, humanity of the self is pushed to it's limit, and blood WILL be split.

Now, I have be surprised by games, even totally shocked (bioshock infinite), but never have I felt this emotional torn in a game about FUCKING ZOMBIES!
It rivals even Evangelion in terms of it's drama and pain, maybe even surpassing it. The choices I've made in the game, even if I thought my intentions were pure and for good...it left a nasty taste in my mouth. There isn't a black and white scale in this game...only really, really dark gray, and it's brilliant in it's execution.

Now, I know that this is just a game, but fuck, it really makes it feel like your in Lee's shoes, and that you're the one who has to decide this choices, that it's who calling who lives and who dies.

From now on, I'm never going to criticize Shinji, Asuka, Misato, or any of the characters of Evangelion or anyone in real life for the difficult decisions they've made, good or bad, because when it comes down to it, when you have to make these tough calls...they happen so fast, you react on instinct, hoping you're doing the right thing. And if you lament on it, feeling that you could've done something else, you're just beating yourself up til you go mad with grief...because in truth, there probably wasn't another way.

So, for my verdict: This game is brilliant in it's story, it's characters, and in the emotional investment that you can gain from everyone of these people. For those who are looking at it just for the zombies: A WARNING. This game is NOT for the faint of heart. It's not about the zombies. It's about us, and what happens to the word "human" when we're all trapped in a corner with no way out.
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:35 pm

View Original PostCaliGari wrote:I've been meaning to try more SMT other than spin-offs (Persona series), I liked Devil Summoner a lot as well.
I wish I had more free time so I could finish it faster, derp (Damn long and enjoyable games).
I'd really recommend Digital Devil Saga 1&2, gameplay is really similar to Nocturne but with a fixed party of characters and more of a focus on story (which is actually really good considering it's a video game story).

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”