So looks like McDonalds are Asuka Fanboys (Wendys joins in)

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

TomasJC
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby TomasJC » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:44 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Subway is less healthy than you might think. Also, all of the chains have mass produced products.

Oh yeah, I know Subway isn't really that healthy, but it can be considered more so than Burger King, KFC etc. going into subway and buying a footlong is a little better than going into KFC and getting a bucket of original recipe. Just saying.
"That's no way to treat an expensive musical instrument!" -Jim Steinman
"When I was growing up, there were two things that were unpopular in my house. One was me, and the other was my guitar." -Bruce Springsteen
"Alcohol is humanity's friend... Can I abandon a friend?" -Yang Wen-li
"...See you on the Dark Side Of The Moon~"

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:26 pm

View Original PostTomasJC wrote:Oh yeah, I know Subway isn't really that healthy, but it can be considered more so than Burger King, KFC etc. Going into subway and buying a footlong is a little better than going into KFC and getting a bucket of original recipe. Just saying.

Plus, it lets one feel better about eating healthy veggies and meat. It's a psychological thing. Personally, I don't like Subway; however, I can eat there if I have to.

user-02
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby user-02 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:20 pm

Subway might as well change its name to Carb City. And their meats are processed beyond all natural recognition. Not as healthful as you'd think.

I've avoided fast food altogether for about 10 years now, barring the occasional lapse when I have no other choice (road trips with friends, for example). It's been a phenomenal decision for my health.

FWIW, french fries are pretty much the worst possible food you can put in your mouth. If God set out to design the perfect fattening food, he'd be hard pressed to do better than the french fry.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:25 pm

View Original Postuser-02 wrote:FWIW, french fries are pretty much the worst possible food you can put in your mouth. If God set out to design the perfect fattening food, he'd be hard pressed to do better than the french fry.

I don't think so, I eat a lot of "french fries" but my BMI is barely above underweight.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

user-02
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby user-02 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:07 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:I don't think so, I eat a lot of "french fries" but my BMI is barely above underweight.

Yes, because one personal, anecdotal example (n = 1) completely nullifies all scientific data, longitudinal studies, and bigger sample sizes. You are no doubt perfectly representative of the ~7 billion people on the earth, so why study a bigger cohort? Statistics ftl, right?

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:11 am

View Original Postuser-02 wrote:Yes, because one personal, anecdotal example (n = 1) completely nullifies all scientific data, longitudinal studies, and bigger sample sizes. Statistics ftl, right?

Do you seriously still believe in all those silly numbers? One day a scientific research says one thing, a week later another one says the opposite, personally I prefer to believe in what I directly experience as far as it's possible.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:14 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Do you seriously still believe in all those silly numbers? One day a scientific research says one thing, a week later another one says the opposite, personally I prefer to believe in what I directly experience as far as it's possible.

Anti-intellectualism ftw, whee~.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:26 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Do you seriously still believe in all those silly numbers? One day a scientific research says one thing, a week later another one says the opposite, personally I prefer to believe in what I directly experience as far as it's possible.

It's usually not the research itself that does that; the media likes to blow results out of proportion to get headlines out of them. A great example of this is all the coverage of the Higgs boson "discovery".
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:32 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Anti-intellectualism ftw, whee~.

Better that than turning science into yet another religion.
EDIT: ironically I became "God" with this post...
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:43 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Better that than turning science into yet another religion.

I think both approaches stink. How about we try using reason instead, looking at peer-reviewed studies with lots of support and questioning any that don't meet those basic criteria?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:01 pm

TOPIC, BITCHES.

If you want a healthy (or not) eating thread, that's what off-topic is for.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

user-02
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby user-02 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:01 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:TOPIC, BITCHES.

If you want a healthy (or not) eating thread, that's what off-topic is for.

Good point.

I'm taking full responsibility for the derailment, so I'll restrain myself from continuing it. This is my bad, folks. Let's move on.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:58 pm

I don't think Rei would be willing to advertise their Fish McBites given her stance on eating meat. Asuka on the other hand wouldn't have a problem.

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:02 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:I don't think Rei would be willing to advertise their Fish McBites given her stance on eating meat. Asuka on the other hand wouldn't have a problem.

Except Asuka would be complaining that "I am above this pitiful commoner food! How DARE you insult me with such meagre attemots at cooking! Even that stupid pervert Shinji can do better than this! Call me when you've got a better cook! MAGGOTS!"

Shinji would meekly turn up, and quietly go along with everything the advert directors told him to. The poor sap would end up in a maid costume done in McDonald's colours, whilst Ronald McDonald does the Gendo Pose.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:08 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Shinji would meekly turn up, and quietly go along with everything the advert directors told him to. The poor sap would end up in a maid costume done in McDonald's colours, whilst Ronald McDonald does the Gendo Pose.

Get me some pics. Nao.

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:09 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Get me some pics. Nao.

Go ask 4chan.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

Postby Omegagouki » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:32 am

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Go ask 4chan.

Or THAT BOARD; considering how Eva-centric it is, you might have better luck and less animosity.
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:13 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Get me some pics. Nao.

I'm...okay...with PhotoShop. I'm not Reichu, but I'll see what I can do.

Well, I tried.
SPOILER: Show
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:35 am

View Original PostCatamari wrote:

I'm so sorry eyes, I shouldn't have brought you here. Let's take you somewhere where the scary man can't hurt you.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:56 am

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Except Asuka would be complaining that "I am above this pitiful commoner food!

Nah, that's only her tsundere phase, she would later change her mind:

I'm not fat, baka!

:lol:
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”