Mark.06 in 3.0 Discussion

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:08 am

Yeah, that was the idea! :D

Shinji going to the sunset riding his trustful EVA-01-horse singing "I'm a poor lonesome pilot!"

The only thing needed to make it even more awesome is a final duel of pistols against Gendo with a certain harmonica song as background music! :smokin:
Last edited by ElMariachi on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:17 am

While people were calling a TTGL end almost as soon as Ha came out, that's all slightly off topic for a Mark-06 thread like this.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Mbryo
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Mbryo » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:01 am

Kind of off-topic again, but:
The EoE MP Evas seemed to be far weaker than the regular Eva units, even though they were incorporated with a proper S2 Engine (In fact, all the S2 engines seemed to do was move the Evas around without an external power cable). Asuka completely toasted the harpies, and the MP Evas had a chance to attack only after 02 was impaled by the MP Longinus spear. And the only reason they were able to function after the battle with 02 was because Asuka did not destroy their cores, possibly because she did not know the fact that the MPs were being controlled by the Dummy System and was trying to spare the lives of the pilots she thought were inside the Eva.
But it seems kind of weird that the MP Evas were so weak, since they had the S2 Engine and all, which should have elevated them to near-god status, they were equipped with the most powerful weapons against Angels and Evas, and after all they are all Adam's clones, which means that they should have had at least some of the innate powers other Evas possess. My theory was that the MPs were originally one Eva split into many, similar to the way how Israfel splits himself up.
I also doubt that the MP Evas in NME are individually as strong as Eva 06, since it should mean that there are hundreds of Adams-class beings in one planet, and that would just be ridiculous.
FUS roh Duh.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:36 am

I've always thought that the harpies were simply waiting Asuka out. They (or their programmers, or whatever) knew she couldn't win, so it's about depleting her battery. On the other hand, one wonders why they didn't simply spear her from the air in the first place. That wouldn't have been very exciting, would it?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:50 am

Tines just delivered a gentle "topic, bitches". Now I'm delivering a firm one.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:59 am

The Mark 06 was seen in 1.0 to have a core like thing on its chest. If the 12th Angel was "fused" so to speak with the Mark 06, wouldn't that be two cores in one Eva? I'm not too smart on Eva science, but isn't that taboo?
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:47 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:The Mark 06 was seen in 1.0 to have a core like thing on its chest. If the 12th Angel was "fused" so to speak with the Mark 06, wouldn't that be two cores in one Eva? I'm not too smart on Eva science, but isn't that taboo?

Maybe the 12th's core was absorbed inside Mark.06's one, or vice-versa. Something similar happened when Zeruel ate EVA-00(00's core ended inside big Z's one).

And with two spears impaling it, no risks of funky reactions(or maybe any reaction was impossible if Mark.06 is an ADAM like some people speculate)
Last edited by ElMariachi on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:03 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:And with two spears impaling it, no risks of funky reactions(or maybe any reaction was impossible if Mark.06 is an ADAM like some people speculate)

I couldn't tell by the crappy quality of the camrip. Was the Mark 06 impaled by both? And if it was, how big the Mark 06? Cause it looked like Eva 13 was standing on top of the whole thing which gave its appearance as a giant compared to Eva 13.

palerider1911
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby palerider1911 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:28 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:I couldn't tell by the crappy quality of the camrip. Was the Mark 06 impaled by both? And if it was, how big the Mark 06? Cause it looked like Eva 13 was standing on top of the whole thing which gave its appearance as a giant compared to Eva 13.

From what I could tell from the camrip, a lance is piercing each of them. It actually looks like Lilith was pierced first, and then Mk.06 impaled itself, frozen in place since with both hands still gripping the lance:

SPOILER: Show
Here's the shot right after Mari shoots Eva 13 with the Anti-AT ammo:

And, yeah. Size wise...the Mk.06, at least when it is fused to Lilith, is much larger in size when compared to Eva 13.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:49 pm

Here are the pics I put together that show Mark.06's initial size, which will be obsolete in a few days:

さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:23 pm

Either the Mark 06 is bigger than most Eva's or Eva 13 is smaller than others. But could The Spears/Lilith have anything to do with the size? When Mark 09 sliced off its head, its size didn't seem incredibly noticeable.

It still looks bigger than the Mark 09 but not the point like earlier where Eva 13 was standing on it.
Last edited by TheFriskyIan on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

palerider1911
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby palerider1911 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:32 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:Either the Mark 06 is bigger than most Eva's or Eva 13 is smaller than others. But could The Spears/Lilith have anything to do with the size? When Mark 09 sliced off its head, its size didn't seem incredibly noticeable.

I just watched that scene again a bunch of times over, and the angle of the camrip, plus the speed that it all happens in, makes the size of the Mk.06 difficult to discern. It does look kind of bigger than the Mk.09 though...
Last edited by palerider1911 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:33 pm

View Original Postpalerider1911 wrote:I just watched that scene again a bunch of times over, and the angle of the camrip, plus the speed that it all happens it, makes the size of the Mk.06 difficult to discern. It does look kind of bigger than the Mk.09 though...

I just uploaded a [piss poor] image of the scene, yes. It does look bigger still, but as big as it was earlier.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:36 pm

Its size is "bloated" because it is fused with Lilith in that enormous amalgam. It then shrinks back once the Spears have been pulled out.

This had already been discerned months ago AFAIK.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:10 am

Sorry SEELE-01, but it looks like the colored plate is officially the middle one.

It looks like they also fixed the dark blue/orange coloring on the Mark 06 that was present in the cam rip. It's now a lighter blue, although it's still more orange than I think it should be.

Lastly, I like how in the 3.33 trailer, the Mark 06's head bobbles around like a rag doll.

hwdge
Embryo

[SPOILERS] Eva 06's "programming"

•      
  •      

Postby hwdge » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:31 pm

The programming must be to insert an angel into the mark 6, that way it would automatically go search for Lilith and do some weird fusing voodoo stuff, but when it got all uber powerful, a spear of lolling descends from no one knows where to immobilize it. This is why it probably got "ruined" by exploitation by lilin and when it's head got cut off, the angel was freed.

Or at least it's what I assume happened because it seemed all other evas that were created in 3i go search for Lilith automatically like this here picture

http://imgur.com/qsOd6GN

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: [SPOILERS] Eva 06's "programming"

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:39 pm

View Original Posthwdge wrote:The programming

When is "programming" ever mentioned?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

hwdge
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby hwdge » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:06 pm

I assume that they had to have done something and I don't know what to call it
on another note
got a picture of the weird mystery eva from the post credits scene
http://imgur.com/gHROyKW
took it at a weird time, I assure you it does not have a headless eva attached to it's behind
interesting how it's coloration is almost identical to the dangly hands we saw in nerv and how it uses the gun that was also in storage
Last edited by hwdge on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:11 pm

View Original Posthwdge wrote:I assume that they had to have done something and I don't know what to call it
on another note
got a picture of the weird mystery eva from the post credits scene
http://imgur.com/gHROyKW
took it at a weird time, I assure you it does not have a headless eva attached to it's behind

It has been agreed upon for some time that they are mass produced models of the Mark 06.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:51 pm

Figured out what happened to the Mark.06. Watch frame-by-frame as the 12th Angel comes out. You can clearly see that the arms becomes limp, empty sleeves. Implying that the entire Eva became, basically, a husk housing the 12th Angel. There's nothing left.

So much for Seele's god. Just another sacrifice.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”