What are you currently playing? [3]

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:27 pm

Currently finished Mass Effect 1 and 2. Gawd I wish I had the internet at my apartment; but even then the friggin DLC would cost me $50 worth of Microsoft points. :sigh: I hate Electronic Arts....
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:55 pm

Started to play Macross 30, I don't know a lick of Japanese and the game seems to be pretty dialogue heavy oh this will be fun
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby arkiel » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:58 pm

Finished Bioshock Infinite. So I guess we prefer progeria born-agains to drunkards?

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:51 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:Started to play Macross 30, I don't know a lick of Japanese and the game seems to be pretty dialogue heavy oh this will be fun

Apparently it's bit of a RPG:

http://kotaku.com/5990706/macross-30-is-the-best-macross-game-ever-made

lelkotaku but seriously that article is ok

For TL's relevant to game see

http://red-shoulders.blogspot.fi/2013/03/macross-30-voices-across-galaxy-ps3.html

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6r3Sy1LnkpxSGJxOUR4VFVac0k/edit

or simply this thread

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=38660

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:45 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:Apparently it's bit of a RPG:

http://kotaku.com/5990706/macross-30-is-the-best-macross-game-ever-made

lelkotaku but seriously that article is ok

For TL's relevant to game see

http://red-shoulders.blogspot.fi/2013/03/macross-30-voices-across-galaxy-ps3.html

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6r3Sy1LnkpxSGJxOUR4VFVac0k/edit

or simply this thread

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=38660

Ah this helps out greatly thank you very much. Hopefully now I won't make three hours progress then try to save only to learn I just quit the game thus losing all my progress :D :D :D
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:57 am

Shenmue, finally playing it for the first time on mah Dreamcast.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:54 pm

Shin Megami Tensei IV has been announced, so i'll attempt to predict the plot. This contains spoiler for SMT 1, 2, 3, Strange Journey, and Devil Survivor, so don't open if you care about being spoiled.

SPOILER: Show
In SMT1's Neutral ending, you reject both God and Lucifer, but God wins anyway, according to 2. 2 takes place in the future of 1's world, as evidenced by 1's MC's corpse being found in a cave. At the end, you fight YHVH. For those who aren't familiar with religion and mythology, YHVH is the Hebrew name of the God of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Upon killing him, he curses you, saying that your soul will be sent back to the beginning of time, where you will live a miserable life, be tortured in Hell for 1000 years, then be reincarnated to repeat the cycle throughout all of time. The same will happen to any descendants you have. Ouch. Anyway, in 3, which is a prequel, the universe is destroyed, and only a few people survive. Among them is a man who looks just like the protagonist of 2. Here's a side by side comparison:
ImageImage
Anyway, he dies fairly early on. In addition to this, 3 reveals that all the Atlus games take place in the same multiverse. In the Neutral ending, you restore the universe to what it was a week or so before its destruction. (I don't remember exactly how long. xP) You also fight Kagutsuchi, who is implied to be YHVH under a different name. You can also summon a demon named Sophia. Strange Journey also features YHVH in a side quest as a bonus boss. His name here, however, is Demiurge. I Gnosticism, the Demiurge is a being who claims to be God, and is the same being as YHVH. However, the actual creator of the universe is the Mother Goddess, Sophia. Devil Survivor confirms this, when Loki, in the guise of the gigolo, explains that long ago, the demons had a war, where the winner would be God. The winner is Yehowah, which is an Anglicization of "Jehovah," the Latin name of YHVH. This means that in the Atlus multiverse, YHVH is the Demiurge.

For these reasons, and based on the trailer, i believe that 4 will be a sequel to 2, and allow you to side with Sophia to destroy YHVH completely.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:56 pm

I just finished Bioshock: Infinite

What the fuck dude.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Paranoid
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Paranoid » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:59 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:I just finished Bioshock: Infinite

Was it worth your time/money?
I like food.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness. May those who defy their fate be granted glory."-Edel, Princess Tutu

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:50 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:What the fuck dude.

That's what you get for playing an inferior game to the first two.

Hueheueheeeheeueheeueheuee eeee

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:52 pm

Is Infinite really that bad?

I liked the first two well enough (And consider the first game a personal favorite despite the numerous flaws it has), but I've almost heard nothing positive about this new game.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:03 pm

View Original PostThe Killer of Heroes wrote:Is Infinite really that bad?

I liked the first two well enough (And consider the first game a personal favorite despite the numerous flaws it has), but I've almost heard nothing positive about this new game.

From what I've heard, and don't take my word for it, they changed a lot of stuff from development, a lot of promising good stuff just evaporated, and the story line and its elements really aren't that original. I could be wrong.

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:17 pm

I see. I know some spoilers about the plot and ending, and they do make it seem like the setting of the game is rather arbitrary in its current form.

I remember BioShock 2 did change drastically as well (Remember when the Big Sister was supposed to be a single character and not a class of enemy?), but still ended up interesting enough to me.

What do you mean by that "promising stuff" that changed?

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:30 pm

View Original PostThe Killer of Heroes wrote:Is Infinite really that bad?
The gameplay overall is similar to Bioshock but with skyrails, more open areas, more weapon/vigor varriety and some neat gameplay mechanics with Elizabeth, though it's criminal how little they use those skyrails. If you liked Bioshock's gameplay then I see little reason for you to dislike Bioshock Infinite's gameplay.

The story is probably what they're complaining about. I think most people's complaint is that the story is now very different to what we expected, with the "Technophiles vs Luddites" thing being both changed greatly and taking a back seat to the stories' main focus. It demands more thought after the fact than other stories in games and is very different to all the promo stuff we've seen.

Bear in mind that when you do something that isn't in accordance with gamers' expectations they completely shit the bed with rage.

In my opinion it's the kind of game that you should form your own opinion on first and foremost. Personally I loved the shit out of it and felt that it was a very natural but interesting progression from what they were doing in Bioshock. I was surprised to find so much negativity towards it when I went to check what the internet thought of it.

Criticisms of the 1999 mode not being what they promised it would be are accurate, though. It's basically Hard mode but you get mugged every time you *** and is not even remotely like older games as was the original point.

View Original PostThe Killer of Heroes wrote:What do you mean by that "promising stuff" that changed?
Basically the game wasn't as impressive as the old gameplay trailers they showed a couple years ago. Then again it was clearly a scripted presentation and the only major difference is that levels are smaller in scale (but when you're developing for current gen consoles that'll happen).
Last edited by liquidus118 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:32 pm

View Original PostThe Killer of Heroes wrote:What do you mean by that "promising stuff" that changed?

I don't know what I mean, I'm just typing bullshit that makes you think the game is horrible.

Do some investigations if you want to, there are vids lying around of the game before this change that happened and after.

But there certainly was a change.

I'll probably end up buying the game anyway so I sound less like /v/. Bah, fuck it, I'll get the game to see what this shit is all about. Not getting that season pass though.
Last edited by Tankred on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Alright, I'll check the game out then. I liked BS' gameplay so if it's a better version of that than I'm all aboard. Though like Tankred, I'll probably wait until the price goes down a bit...

Speaking of controversial games, is anyone else picking up Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut at the end of the month?

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:51 am

^I was thinking about it. Haven't really decided yet.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby arkiel » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:14 am

View Original PostStryker wrote:What the fuck dude.

Reconciling opposites? Collapsing a quantum branch by altering the underlying event?

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:27 am

I just finished Anarchy Reigns a couple of days ago.
*Yawn* guess next game's gonna be Darksiders 2.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:56 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:I just finished Bioshock: Infinite

What the fuck dude.

I hear ya.

I stared at the screen with my mouth slack-jawed for FIVE MINUTES, wondering: WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?

Not even EoE gave that long of a reaction....it was only three minutes. :lol:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”