Will there ever be a fansub of the Iron Maiden 2 game?

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

The Bastard King
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:01 pm

If it could be considered to be on a related note, I'm planning to do a fan-sub of the Shinji Ikari Raising Project at some point. The only problem is delving into the game files themselves and locating the art and text. The latter really isn't a problem, if using a hex editor and relative search. Heck, the files are even labeled text1-text3, so I'd know where to look. But the locating of graphic files isn't so simple, since I have no idea what utilities should be used for pulling the in-game graphics out. I'd only need to look for the text images, but it would still take a while.

As soon as I have the text dumped, I'm planning on getting a group of translators together to help rip through it. But up until then... =/
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Timstuff
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:27 pm

That sounds pretty cool, although if it were possible and you had the option, I'd say that GOS2 would be a better project to tackle, because I'm pretty sure there's a lot more demand for it. If you could do that, you'd surely win an internets. ;)

The Bastard King
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:06 pm

You know, that's tempting. If there's a bigger audience, I guess...

Nah, I'm just pulling your stings. I'm sticking with SIRP for now. =P
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:53 pm

Would it be possible for you to do a translation of that Raising Ayanami with Asuka Project, or is there no emulator out for PS2?? :cry:

I'd be willing to help with the translation of SIRP, if only I could read Kanji and had a copy of the game... Personally I'm not too crazy about the art in that one. I think the supposedly awful art in the GoS2 manga's better than that Ikari Shinji Raising Project game art! Although it's two different mediums... :?

So, does the game take place in an episode 26 type AU? What's the deal with Mana :shock: being there, and the fact Shinji can marry Misato as an option?
Oh yeah, and are there voices, if so, the seiyuu?

Sorry for the 20 questions, it's just I haven't played that one yet. ^^;
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Timstuff
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:25 pm

People have complained about how the quality of the lineart in GOS2 before, but IMO it's actually pretty good compared to SIRP. At least in GOS2 the characters look the way they do in the Anime despite some slight roughness in the lines (and poorly drawn Eva units, for what little they appear). In SIRP the art style is completely different everyone looks kind of weird, and not like the Anime versions. It has kind of a fan-art/doujin look to it.
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:59 pm

I Have found a megaupload torrent 4 GOS2 ! Guess Where? Here!

<link struck down by the Wrath of Mod>
PURGE! CLEANSE! KILL! FOR THE EMPEROR!

Timstuff
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:04 pm

I've downloaded both discs of GOS2 from Bittorrent, but I haven't played it because it's not translated. Still, I sit here day after day seeding them, hoping that someday someone with the knowhow will say "Aw what the heck... Today I'm gonna fansub GOS2."
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:27 pm

Nice find!
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Reichu
Death True True
Death True True

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:47 pm

Timstuff wrote:I've downloaded both discs of GOS2 from Bittorrent, but I haven't played it because it's not translated. Still, I sit here day after day seeding them, hoping that someday someone with the knowhow will say "Aw what the heck... Today I'm gonna fansub GOS2."

Please take this Walkthrough. May it help you on your journey.
What if... Kaworu bonded with Misato instead of Shinji, and the two of them were siblings?
Father Brother Lover Mother (AO3, FF.net)
The path to an alternate Third Impact has reached stage 19 (5/22)!

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”