Something about Zelda: Twilight Princess...

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician
User avatar
Age: 30
Posts: 5063
Joined: Dec 21, 2006

Something about Zelda: Twilight Princess...

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby NAveryW » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:24 pm

Okay, d00ds, this was originally posted in "Related Works", but it went off-topic so quickly that we're just gonna put the whole thing in "Off-Topic". Savvy? --Reichu


When you are fighting a Poe in wolf form, after you defeat it, its soul appears in its chest as a ball that you rip out with your mouth. The soul being represented as a ball, and it being in the chest in similar position to the cores, reminded me of Eva. Especially because it's ripped out Shogouki vs. Armisael-style.

So... coincidence or homage?
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Age: 45
Posts: 11806
Joined: Dec 26, 2005
Location: Pittsburgh/New York City
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Ornette » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:34 pm

I think it's just coincidence.

But what a fucking awesome game. Miyamoto does it again. P.S. Midna is hot.

TriLink
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1294
Joined: Aug 02, 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby TriLink » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:40 pm

Ornette wrote:But what a fucking awesome game. Miyamoto does it again. P.S. Midna is hot.

God Damn am I the only one who hasen't played the new Zelda yet?

I mean geez, my name is freaking TRILINK and I haven't even played the lastest and greatest Miyamoto adventure game yet. What kind of fan am I?
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Age: 45
Posts: 11806
Joined: Dec 26, 2005
Location: Pittsburgh/New York City
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Ornette » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:44 pm

Do you have a Wii yet? I only happen to have one because some friends wanted to camp out for one and needed a ride, so I drove them there and slept in the car, but Target happened to have one left so I lucked out.

Also, NAveryW, don't you mean Zeruel?

TriLink
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1294
Joined: Aug 02, 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby TriLink » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:58 pm

Ornette wrote:Do you have a Wii yet?

Nope. And believe me I've tried. :x :x :x :x :x
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot
User avatar
Posts: 2078
Joined: Jun 27, 2004
Location: The End
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:41 am

They have it on Gamecube. It's not as awesome what with the Stone Aged controls, but I hear it's pretty damn near the same thing.

Oh, and coincidence. Extracting the soul as a ball has been and is bound to be repeated because it's just so gosh darned convenient.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Age: 45
Posts: 11806
Joined: Dec 26, 2005
Location: Pittsburgh/New York City
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Ornette » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:47 am

A friend brought the GC version over back before we had a Wii, the only difference I noticed was everything is mirrored. It's 100x better with the Wii controls. Beat it in a little over a week, 20 hearts and largest wallet, bomb bags and quiver, but my left arm was seriously aching from doing shield attacks. I never bothered with the Poe's except for the first 20 (to get heart piece) because the reward was stupid, the only thing useful in getting 200 rupee is very limited invulnerability with the magic armor.

The Bastard King
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 32
Posts: 1236
Joined: Nov 10, 2006
Location: Colby-Sawyer College
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby The Bastard King » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:17 am

Ornette wrote:A friend brought the GC version over back before we had a Wii, the only difference I noticed was everything is mirrored. It's 100x better with the Wii controls.

I was wondering when someone else was going to note this little fact. Just because it's a new way of playing and it works well doesn't mean that it's better then the original.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1116
Joined: Nov 19, 2006
Location: Under the Crimson Air

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:52 am

Well, controls like the Wii's would make the game more of an experience, wouldn't it?

Also, i'm on the final dungeon. Incredible game; TP easily has the best art direction and dungeon design in the entire series.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Age: 45
Posts: 11806
Joined: Dec 26, 2005
Location: Pittsburgh/New York City
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Ornette » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 am

Trigger's Elysium wrote:Well, controls like the Wii's would make the game more of an experience, wouldn't it?

Definitely. It's still an incredible game and would be just as fun without them, but it's all the little things. Aiming was a lot easier by pointing to what you wanted to shoot at vs coaxing an analog stick. Even though the fighting is really simple, I felt more into it moving the remote around as opposed to hitting an A button. Plus, that Roll Goal game was pretty cool.

Reichu
Death True True
Death True True
User avatar
Posts: 23759
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: Starship Eva
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Reichu » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:33 am

Ornette wrote:A friend brought the GC version over back before we had a Wii, the only difference I noticed was everything is mirrored.

This is apparently because Link is left-handed, and the majority of the people who will be waving that Wii remote around are not.
What if... Kaworu bonded with Misato instead of Shinji, and the two of them were siblings?
Father Brother Lover Mother (AO3, FF.net)
The path to an alternate Third Impact has reached stage 19 (5/22)!

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician
User avatar
Age: 30
Posts: 5063
Joined: Dec 21, 2006

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby NAveryW » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:58 pm

Reichu wrote:
Ornette wrote:A friend brought the GC version over back before we had a Wii, the only difference I noticed was everything is mirrored.

This is apparently because Link is left-handed, and the majority of the people who will be waving that Wii remote around are not.

But I am! >=( The mirroring annoys me because it completely changes the geography of Hyrule. It's stayed at least SOMEWHAT consistent throughout the game, and now it's completely the opposite of what it usually is. (Kakariko, Death Mountain in the west instead of east)
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

MaggotMaster
Banned
User avatar
Posts: 1270
Joined: Sep 10, 2006
Location: Proletarier aller L

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby MaggotMaster » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:26 pm

Twilight Princess is certainly an excellent game but it was pretty easy and the second half of the game was lacking in plot.

Also I've heard the Wii version can be unresponsive with the whole "twitch your hand to kill stuff", but I've only played the GC version so I wouldn't know.

Also, i'm on the final dungeon. Incredible game; TP easily has the best art direction and dungeon design in the entire series.

I disagree, Majora's Mask's artistic direction is better than TP's, despite having aged n64 graphics.
I'M TRYING TO CONVERT YOU TO COMMUNISM WITH MY GODLESS SOCIALIST INTERNET BRAIN WAVES YOU CAPITALIST PIG DOG

TriLink
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1294
Joined: Aug 02, 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby TriLink » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:36 pm

I'm holding out for the Wii version. Not just for the reasons you guys listed, but also because I want the 16-9 Version for my HDTV, which is exclusive to the Wii.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA


Return to “Video Games and Gaming”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest