Eva Action Figures [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby AR-99 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:56 pm

It would be easier if you list out what the figures are of. I have an idea since I have 10 myself (missing Eva-04) but anyone else will get lost.

According to E-Mono as of December 1997 these were the RMs that had been released:

1) Eva-00' (orange)
2) Eva-00 (blue)
3) Eva-01
4) Eva-01 (Berserker)
5) Eva-01 (Gold Version)
6) Eva-02
7) Eva-03
8) Eva-04
9) Eva-05 series
10) Sachiel
11) Zeruel

As I noted on my website, 2 of the 10 that I have are not by Sega but by Animetrix and Business Extension Corp. (BEC) and were released in 2000. From what I could tell by searching online they don't appear to be bootlegs. The only differences between them and the Sega versions are the manufacturer's marks and different Gainax stickers. And yes, compared to later figures such as Kaiyodo's Xebecs, I have heard that the RMs are flimsy.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Yossarian Dies
Embryo

Postby Yossarian Dies » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:03 pm

So I have all of these except for Zeruel and Sachiel. I'm just confused as to why unit 04 is listed as "REAL MODEL 17". You'd think there'd be other figures up to that point, right?

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:06 pm

Me wanna dat Gendo figurine.

Rei figurine is inacurate as usual. Smiling regular Rei, at least theoretically possible. But smiling ReiQ?
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby AR-99 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:11 pm

Cool, you have Eva-04, I've never seen that one for sale in person. This reminds me that there were RMs of other series released around that time, e.g. the Yurika and Ruri figures for Nadesicio, which are #20 and 21 (but no Rei or Asuka that I know of :rolleyes:). There were others too I think, and the backs of the boxes should suggset what non-Eva ones came out. This may explain the jump in numbering. Although honestly I never really paid that much attention to the numbering. :tongue:
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:12 pm

Just lettin' you dudes know that BIJ has the Asuka, Gendo, and Mari figures up for pre-order, if anyone's interested. I ordered the Mari one myself.

Asuka: [url]http://www.biginjap.com/pvc-figures/6835-rebuild-of-evangelion-asuka-langley-premium-figure-ver2.html[/url]

Gendo: [url]http://www.biginjap.com/pvc-figures/6850-rebuild-of-evangelion-ikari-gendou-premium-figure.html[/url]

Mari: [url]http://www.biginjap.com/pvc-figures/6844-rebuild-of-evangelion-mari-premium-figure.html[/url]

Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:55 am

View Original Postarael wrote:Dunno... The reflection on the back mirror doesn't help to show it, but it would be pointless to put it like that again...
I like more the current form, no struggle to get the pylon in (doing that actually chipped a bit of paint from my TV-Eva 02) nor fragile peg to insert it (like those of the 2.0 mold)...

Personally I always prefered the old method over the current one, especially with the loose revoltech peg holes you occasionally get with the Evos (and plagued my original unit 02). I always felt the original method was a nice and simple way of attatching the shoulder pylons, though I think Damashii still wins in that department. I guess time will tell if they've gone back to old method of attatching the shoulder pylons or not.

Can't wait for these figures. :D
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

REDEMPTION
Embryo

Postby REDEMPTION » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:25 pm

Is there any hope of 3.0 RDs?
[size=75]The year

Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:35 am

I was thinking about this and to do the versions of Unit 02 and 08 that are in the opening of the film all Bandai would have to do, with the exception of accessories, is to sculpt new heads and a new arm for Unit 02. Easy money, come on Bandai! Maybe we'll hear something at the Tamashii event this weekend. :um:

REDEMPTION
Embryo

Postby REDEMPTION » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:28 pm

I'd love to see how they would do Eva 13. :huh:
[size=75]The year

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:29 pm

View Original PostREDEMPTION wrote:I'd love to see how they would do Eva 13. :huh:

Whatever they do, I have no doubt that they'll make it look pretty damn awesome.

Squigsquasher
Banned

Figma-Sized Shinji Figures?

Postby Squigsquasher » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:42 am

Now, Shinji is one of my favourite characters-not just in Evangelion, but in any series. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a whole lot of figures (despite being, you know, the main character... :asuka_stare:

I'm planning on getting the Rei, Asuka and Mari Figmas, but really they need a Shinji to accompany them. What's the best figure rendition of him available at the moment who is roughly the same size (so won't look ludicrously big or small next to the Figma Eva girls)? The Volks Customize Figure looks about the right size, but I'm not certain.

Thanks!
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

REDEMPTION
Embryo

Postby REDEMPTION » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:44 pm

View Original PostGojimatt wrote:I was thinking about this and to do the versions of Unit 02 and 08 that are in the opening of the film all Bandai would have to do, with the exception of accessories, is to sculpt new heads and a new arm for Unit 02. Easy money, come on Bandai! Maybe we'll hear something at the Tamashii event this weekend. :um:

Anything?? :um:
[size=75]The year

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:07 am

I received a set of Tamashii Stage act. 5...
They will do so much better than the Revoltech bases -o-;
In fact, one of the extension parts has a hole that fits a revo joint, so you can put the figure with a base that actually holds it (and without using the umbilical cable hole)!
If you need something else it comes with 2 sets of claws...

Anyways, since nothing new is happening, week post... And next weeks post...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:27 am

View Original PostREDEMPTION wrote:Anything?? :um:

I was wondering the same thing. Apparently this past weekend's event has yielded nothing Eva related from Bandai. A bit disappointing but I remain hopeful for any new reveals coming later this year. Bandai's Robot Spirits or Robot Damashi line is still churning out robot figure releases, mostly Gundam. So if they can get their act together with Eva....there still might be some hope.

Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:34 pm

Looking at the numbering of the revoltechs that have already been announced I think the earliest we could see a Unit 08 is in May, could be wrong (probably am) but I'm getting impatient so I'm speculating wildly...

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:43 pm

Well If EvaEvo 08 is after Snake then May will be the month and preorders should go up around the 15-16th of this month. Either way will no then.

Ya Bandai showed nothing Eva related lol They are all Aura Buttler Dunbine crazy atm.

Edit:EvaEvo 08 up for preorder on AmiAmi, June release though. Preordered anyways!
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-3124&page=top
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:38 am

Oh freakin' sweet, pre-ordered!!! At last a new Eva and I just knew revoltech would release it with that Eva 02 robot arm so totally justified in buying the earlier version, heh heh, quite excited now. :D

Frozzy
Embryo

Postby Frozzy » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:54 am

i love the fact that instead of re-releasing a movie accurate unit 2b they are giving us the arm with unit 08a instead makes me very happy that i can pre order this with out hesitation
"You're thinking in Japanese! If you must think, do it in German!"

Archaiel
Lilith

Postby Archaiel » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:05 pm

I guess Kaiyodo abandoned the inclusion of Angels with the Evas? Fairly disappointed
Avatar: Eva Unit 6.66 LCFL (My original design)

Participated in:
2011 - LDC & EvADC

Current Eva Projects:
-Tweaking Eva 6.66
-Weaving a Continuity

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:30 pm

I'll wait until 08b is announced.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”