Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

The Bastard King
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:21 pm

Kyle wrote:Since when did this thread get about zombies(witch i hate)gay people(nothing against them),and who the mysteriously handsom stranger in BOBBQ avatar is?What the hell it's on a weird topic so go ahead and talk about whatever.Not that it's my choice...

IT IS YOUR CHOICE. YOU ONLY FAIL TO SEE AS MUCH. IF YOU GAIN THE KNOWLEDGE OF HOW SEE WHAT YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY FAILED AT, THAT WHICH OF COURSE BEING YOUR CHOICE, THE PATH TO GAIN THE KNOWLEDGE ON CHOICE SHALL APPEAR.

AKA, motto of the day: if you want your thread to go a certain way, make some God damn contributions yourself!
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Reichu
Death True True
Death True True

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:03 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Disney really just sucks nowadays. >_< Espeically considering their making sequels to all the films that were fine just how they were (not that I've really seen any of the sequels, except for the 3 Aladdin movies.)

Ah, yes, Home Video Sequel-O-Rama Syndrome -- lol, "Song of the South 2", plz!

I really like how they've forsaken hand-drawn animation in feature films, and instead gone down the dark path of CG Animals (With Celebrity Voices). Not that they really had their shit together before making the change. (Though, I did think "Lilo & Stitch" was a breath of fresh air.)

I thought "Shrek" was good, but not without its flaws. The sequel was entertaining, but I haven't had the yen to watch it again.

When I watched "Madagascar" recently, it helped remind me of much that is dark and unholy in American animation trends. (If I want to scream more, I can just turn on Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon.)

Anime is a dark and unholy medium, as well.
What if... Kaworu bonded with Misato instead of Shinji, and the two of them were siblings?
Father Brother Lover Mother (AO3, FF.net)
The path to an alternate Third Impact has reached stage 19 (5/22)!

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:14 pm

Maybe they're thinking: Well shit, since we can't use cells anyways these days and have to layer on computers, why don't we just do it ALL on computers, lots of them, and in 3D!

Of course, things like ATHF or whatever modern animated series in the states that doesn't have a huge budget or can outsource to a CG house still has to draw, scan, layer like everyone else.

felineki
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby felineki » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:06 am

I didn't really feel like watching Shrek 2 again after seeing it, either. Although the Street Fighter reference was great (while wacthing that scene, my mind's going "WTF, did Fiona just Shoryuken that guy? Holy crap, a Spinning Bird Kick, too!" and then I burst out in a fit of uproarious laughter and no one knows why). :lol:

Nickelodeon's current stuff pales in comparison to their older cartoons. Rocko's Modern Life is a classic, and Ren & Stimpy had its genuinely funny moments amid all the crude gross-out gags (how often is it that you see the Lincoln Memorial get its head replaced with that of a Moai?)

Oh, and on the subject of tentacle sex:

Return to “Anime and Manga”