Does anyone else think Final isnt really the Final

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
UBERGEEKZILLA
Tunniel
Tunniel

[SPOILERS]Does anyone else think Final isnt really the Final

•      
  •      

Postby UBERGEEKZILLA » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:45 pm

after all the money they have made and all the crazy things he has done in the past i think anno might have another trick up his sleeve. maybe after 4.0 theres going to be a new series. what if the redo symbol means at the very end its all redone and they make a tv series that continues it ( and is basically the original series but with alternate things happening) anyone else think this might happen.

Merior
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Merior » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Agh... Don't mix the tv series with the movies. The series was a character study more than anything else, the movies are a lot more focused on plot/action. I don't really see one being the continuation of the other as something likely.
What i think might happen is either a tv series depicting events between 2.0 and 3.0 or the final movie getting split in 2 parts, or both actually.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:10 pm

a 5.0 or 4.0-1 and 4.0-2 would be nice

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:38 pm

I don't know, does Anno really want to be doing Evangelion for the rest of his life?

Now here's the thing. Evangelion is a cash cow franchise. Even if Final is the last thing Anno does with it, will it be the end of evangelion? I'm not sure who actually owns the rights to the property. Yeah Khara are the ones making Rebuild, but do they actually own the rights, or is it bieng lent bout by Gainex? After all Legendary pictures made the Nolan Batman movies, but Time Warner is the company that owns the charecter, so even if Legendary never touches it again there will be more Batman movies. Eva is at this point a cash cow franchise. So Final might not be the end of eva even if Anno never touches it again.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:48 pm

View Original PostDarkwing wrote:I don't know, does Anno really want to be doing Evangelion for the rest of his life?

Now here's the thing. Evangelion is a cash cow franchise. Even if Final is the last thing Anno does with it, will it be the end of evangelion? I'm not sure who actually owns the rights to the property. Yeah Khara are the ones making Rebuild, but do they actually own the rights, or is it bieng lent bout by Gainex? After all Legendary pictures made the Nolan Batman movies, but Time Warner is the company that owns the charecter, so even if Legendary never touches it again there will be more Batman movies. Eva is at this point a cash cow franchise. So Final might not be the end of eva even if Anno never touches it again.

I don't see them trying to make eva related media without Anno and his input or involvement--unless they harass him and persuade him eventually. As I mentioned before, I could see them making a 5th film or 4.0 in two parts simply because there is enough mysteries and plot holes to fill up with material without compressing it into 120minutes and because it will bring them money regardless of quality. I personally would like it if they re-animated the original TV series in high quality and incorporated EoE as the last 2 eps rather than a movie. But I would not want them to make another rebuilt with like a 4th alternative ending

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:51 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:I don't see them trying to make eva related media without Anno and his input or involvement--unless they harass him and persuade him eventually.

Wait, what? There are numerous Evangelion alternate universes that I'm relatively sure Anno was uninvolved in. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he worked on Anima, Girlfriend of Steel, or the Raising Projects, right?

UBERGEEKZILLA
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby UBERGEEKZILLA » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:21 pm

View Original PostDarkwing wrote:I don't know, does Anno really want to be doing Evangelion for the rest of his life?

Lol...what else is he going to do

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:27 pm

View Original PostUBERGEEKZILLA wrote:Lol...what else is he going to do

Go back to making artsy live action films, work on producing films like "Kantoku Shikkaku", do special effects for Ghibli, you know, all the stuff he's been doing other than Eva.

UBERGEEKZILLA
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby UBERGEEKZILLA » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:35 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Go back to making artsy live action films, work on producing films like "Kantoku Shikkaku", do special effects for Ghibli, you know, all the stuff he's been doing other than Eva.

but lets face it...Evangelion is his main thing....evangelion is like japans star wars and he is japans george lucas

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:56 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:Wait, what? There are numerous Evangelion alternate universes that I'm relatively sure Anno was uninvolved in. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he worked on Anima, Girlfriend of Steel, or the Raising Projects, right?

He did play some part in Girlfriend of steel to my understanding, but I can't remember what. Scenario writer or something?

I could be wrong, just wanted to drop that in though.
Avatar: MAKE WAY FOR THE HOMO SUPERIOR!

>>>>Rebuild of Evangelion RP "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."~Meister Eckhart<<<<

Nuke-kun: I know not of this "civil conversation" bullshit you speak of.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:12 am

Anno is going to be done with Evangelion after Final. Anything else that happens after that is shit I'm not interested in.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:14 am

^ Absolutely - The man can finally move on and work on the numerous other things Ornette pointed out. But that's also not to say the endless push of merchandise and other Eva related crap will stop.

It won't. Ever.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:28 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:It won't. Ever.

And thank Lilith for that.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:00 am

Anno probably isn't going to make anymore Evangelion stuff. Unless, as I proposed in the timeskip thread, he chooses not to explain the timeskip in 4.0, and instead tries to force all the timeskip material onto us in the form of another film or TV series.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:18 am

View Original PostUBERGEEKZILLA wrote:Lol...what else is he going to do
Ultraman vs the God Warriors. So he can sell more action figures

Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:26 am

View Original PostUBERGEEKZILLA wrote:but lets face it...Evangelion is his main thing....evangelion is like japans star wars and he is japans george lucas

He's going to seel Khara to Disney? Well princess dresses are about the only outfit I haven't seen Asuka and Rei figures of.

But honestly I kinda hope Anno does better than Lucas in one way. Think about how successful things Lucas has done since Star Wars have been. Remember Red Tails? Or Howard the Duck?
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

UBERGEEKZILLA
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby UBERGEEKZILLA » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:40 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Ultraman vs the God Warriors. So he can sell more action figures

hahahah...that would be pretty awesome

unit01
Embryo

not at all

•      
  •      

Postby unit01 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:19 pm

what i've seen in Japan so far with eva is that it's not going to be slowing down anytime soon !

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:03 am

OBVIOUSLY Anno will next do Rebuild of GunBuster. :P

Well, I guess Rebuild of Eva already is that in some ways lol.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:36 am

I just hope he's already in the early stages of planning what he's gonna do next. Because with all the capital gained for Khara from Rebuild, he can pretty much do whatever the fuck he wants, animation-wise. But primarily, I hope he has at least one more great directorial effort in him that doesn't have anything to do with Evangelion.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”