Seele Monoliths

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:39 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:The Pythagoreans were known for the notion that numbers represent the true nature of things, and for purification rites with the intent of facilitating the transmigration of the soul to join a higher being.

They also believed that the soul is limited by the physical form, which creates a conflict between the needs of the body and the true divinity of the disembodied soul.

Sweet son of a diseased soy-chicken farmer and a convention security guard. I've solved it.

I watched 3.0 last Saturday, and
SPOILER: Show
the monoliths contain the actual members of the Seele.
It all makes sense now.
They have the symbols because they've been freed from their flesh and are now a higher form.

BastianDansk
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby BastianDansk » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:49 pm

Actually, the pitagorians thought in a transmigration of the soul, they thought that when somebody dies, your soul separates of your body and go to other body, or just don't go.

Pitagorians thought this too.

Soul = Good, pure, rationa, like the "sky" in Rei's Monologue.
Body = Bad, impure, corrupt, like the "montains" in Rei's Monologue.
Love psychological animes.
Love Rurouni Kenshin, Evangelion, Elfen Lied, Saint Seiya and To Love-Ru.

In Taringa i'm Nagashi_Help (:

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:34 pm

Excuse my ignorance, but clearly I've forgotten, which monologue of Rei's is this?

Also this is a very interesting topic. So we've got Pythagoras, a Pi symbol to the left. Three main squares, a triangle and a circle. The squares being divided up and a second triangle in the space between them. All in all I can deduce.

I understand none of this... But like I said, there's a Pi symbol, V, I and M across the top, so perhaps Roman Numerals? The symbol to the right opposite the Pi I can't quite make out, but it might be a cross. And since the whole thing is in a circle that answers the Pi thing.[/spoiler]
Avatar: MAKE WAY FOR THE HOMO SUPERIOR!

>>>>Rebuild of Evangelion RP "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."~Meister Eckhart<<<<

Nuke-kun: I know not of this "civil conversation" bullshit you speak of.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:08 pm

View Original PostLance of LoL wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but clearly I've forgotten, which monologue of Rei's is this?

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/9293/Reis-Monologue/
http://wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_Analysis:Rei%27s_Monologue

BastianDansk
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby BastianDansk » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:32 am

View Original PostLance of LoL wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but clearly I've forgotten, which monologue of Rei's is this?

Also this is a very interesting topic. So we've got Pythagoras, a Pi symbol to the left. Three main squares, a triangle and a circle. The squares being divided up and a second triangle in the space between them. All in all I can deduce.

I understand none of this... But like I said, there's a Pi symbol, V, I and M across the top, so perhaps Roman Numerals? The symbol to the right opposite the Pi I can't quite make out, but it might be a cross. And since the whole thing is in a circle that answers the Pi thing.[/spoiler]

No, it's the Pitagora's Theorem. My mother tongue is Spanish so i can't tell you what's all about. Sorry :(
Love psychological animes.
Love Rurouni Kenshin, Evangelion, Elfen Lied, Saint Seiya and To Love-Ru.

In Taringa i'm Nagashi_Help (:

oldthinker
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby oldthinker » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:24 am

Long time lurker, first time poster.

This symbol incorporates a few esoteric and mystic symbols, including the all-seeing eye, as others have pointed out. But you've missed one important detail. I've attached an image with an explanation but here's a link for you to consider after looking at the image.

The Hebrew letter He looks very similar to the Greek letter for Pi, but differs slightly in its lines, in particular the curvature upwards on the right side of the top horizontal bar.

This is a relevant symbol to employ with members of Seele, as they feature not only Biblical but Kabbalistic imagery as well. The Tetragrammaton features heavily in both canonical and mystical literature in these sources.

Oldthink is crimethink.

DVNDVLPH
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DVNDVLPH » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:54 pm

It's also a symbol derived from the 47th proposition of euclid

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.01.0086%3Abook%3D1%3Atype%3DProp%3Anumber%3D47
The Moment you read this is already gone

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby caragnafog dog » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:18 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Sweet son of a diseased soy-chicken farmer and a convention security guard. I've solved it.

I watched 3.0 last Saturday, and
the monoliths contain the actual members of the Seele.
It all makes sense now.
They have the symbols because they've been freed from their flesh and are now a higher form.
I was wondering the same thing about this,
considering seele was definitively separate from their monoliths in the original. Thanks for the find, it's an interesting part of Gendo's plan at the very least.
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Velorex
Banned

Re: Seele Monoliths

•      
  •      

Postby Velorex » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:23 pm

The Seele checkerboard symbol is based on the 3-4-5 triangle used in masonic symbolism.
That itself is based on the 47th problem of Euclid; Euclid is known as the Father of Geometry.
aka a triangle code used in freemasonry to represent 3-5-7 steps. and a complete code is 1, 3, 5, 7, 9
If you want to know more here's some links on the subject
http://www.code144.com/tech/masonic-3-4-5-triangle
http://www.freemasons-freemasonry.com/euclid_unveiled.html
https://bricksmasons.com/blogs/masonic-education/the-47th-problem-of-euclid

I asked a friend (who was born/raised and living in Israel) on what the Hebrew characters are, he said;
well, only one of these characters seem like in hebrew and it's flipped
it's chet
it's the one on the left

Perhaps the Seele symbol as a whole is also mirrored.
that or it's meant to be viewed from the front and the logo goes "through-all" the monolith. Like a 2d image etched in a crystal.
that or Khara wanted to avoid a lawsuit...

The mirrored Hebrew character along with the mirrored 3-4-5 triangle (compared to how it's usually depicted in freemasonry) indicate that the whole Seele symbol is mirrored... and the Seele symbol should be viewed as this.

Also showed my friend the flipped image and he said that chet is still the only character he can discern and he posted these pics of Hebrew characters.
"the master of a cruel angel's hypothesis"

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”