Official Welcome Thread

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:18 pm

View Original PostPractice wrote:I've been reading some of the threads for the past few days so I figured I might as well join in on the discussion, at least until I can get Eva out of my head
579 days and counting on my end. Good luck mate, hope it turns out better for you than it did me.
Also I'm going to marry Rei so the rest of you can fight over Asuka
While I do not share your choice I can respect your fine taste in waifus, good sir. A toast to your success. :cheers:
View Original PostAn Anemic Turtle wrote:So yeah. This seems like a nice little community you've got here.
Thanks, we put a lot of effort into hiding the bodies. :wink:
View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:Bible Black.
Whoa hold up. Did you just say Bible Black has a shit plot?

...I don't think we can be friends anymore, Donut.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:55 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote: Thanks, we put a lot of effort into hiding the bodies. :wink:

Too many to hide.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:05 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:Too many to hide.

That's an understatement. :toothy:

If all the corpses that we've had buried here were to stand up all at once, we'd have a hell of a population problem. :toothy:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:37 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:Bible Black
But, but Bible Black is a part of the Unholy Trinity that everyone should see! :(

Practice
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Practice » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:29 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:Also, here are three series to avoid at all costs:
Elfen Lied
Bible Black
Ubel Blatt

All are /d/ and /gif/ levels of pointless tits and gore with shit plot.

Since you liked Eva, you may like Gurren Lagann. It was created as a "response" of sorts to Eva. Cowboy Bebop also is usually seen as Eva-tier in quality. Since i don't know your tastes, i can't recommend any more.

Thanks. Cowboy Bebop is on my list to watch, and I've noticed that Gurren Lagann and Serial Experiments Lain get recommended a lot. Although I also see Elfen Lied get recommended too?

I've also seen some of the Ghibli films as well as Ghost in the Shell. I just finished FLCL a few minutes ago. Going from Eva to FLCL was... interesting :kawaii:

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:35 pm

FLCL was made because everyone who worked on End of Eva was so depressed, they created the weirdest thing they could to cheer themselves up.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby CX1329 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:10 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:FLCL was made because everyone who worked on End of Eva was so depressed, they created the weirdest thing they could to cheer themselves up.

The creative meeting must have been interesting.

"Alright, guys, I think we've all had enough of this. Let's create something really wacky and zany so we can retain our sanity and live to watch hentai another day. Any objections? On to the next topic on the agenda".
Sapientiam autem non vincit malitia.

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:25 pm

View Original PostPractice wrote:Although I also see Elfen Lied get recommended too?

Elfen Lied's pretty divisive, from what I've seen you either love it or hate it. Or at least that's how it seems, I've never watched it. Typical complaints tend to be a gratuitous amount of gore for shock value and that it tries too hard to be "mature" and fails to achieve it. "Edgy" would be the word I suppose.
Last edited by CJD on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Practice
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Practice » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:27 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:Elfen Lied's pretty divisive, from what I've seen you either love it or hate it. Or at least that's how it seems, I've never watched it.

Alrighty. Any other suggestions to animes that have some sort of depth to them? Whether it's plot, character development or a real "message" behind it?

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:29 pm

Before mods try to clean up the rodeo, this thread should really help you out. I think we also have a "If you like Evangelion you might also like X" thread but I"m not sure where it is, or if I'm imagining it.

Edit: Incidentally Elfen Lied is recommended on the first page of that thread :lol:

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:58 am

View Original PostPractice wrote:Alrighty. Any other suggestions to animes that have some sort of depth to them? Whether it's plot, character development or a real "message" behind it?

Card Captor Sakura seems to be really good in those two things, if you're willing to check it out. Death Note's pretty fun as well, but not exactly deep or with a message.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:15 am

View Original PostPractice wrote:Alrighty. Any other suggestions to animes that have some sort of depth to them? Whether it's plot, character development or a real "message" behind it?
Stein's;Gate, it's a really good fun show and the main character is one of the best protagonists in an anime, yeah I said it, Okabe4Lyfe!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:18 am

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:Also, here are three series to avoid at all costs:
Elfen Lied
The EvaMonkey might disagree.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Agentomega » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:53 pm

View Original PostAn Anemic Turtle wrote:Hey. I've been lurking for a while and decided to join (which is a complement since this is the only forum I've ever registered on). I've been a fan of Eva for just over 2 years now and my interest in it hasn't waned since - which is testament to how highly I regard the series. I tend to lose interest in other anime on repeated viewings.

So yeah. This seems like a nice little community you've got here.

I know exactly what you mean. I tend to find it's fine to watch a series after some long time when you're feeling nostalgic or don't remember the details, but repeated viewings in a short timespan does bring about decreased interest.

I am highly amused by your username also lol

Welcome to the forum!
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:48 pm

Welcome newbies. It was about 4 years before I stopped visiting these forums every day, so expect to be around for awhile.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

BlackberryMilk
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby BlackberryMilk » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:58 pm

I'm new also, and fun fact: I've never actually been registered on a forum before, so this is a first.

Like some of you, I grew up with Evangelion thanks to my older siblings. Of course back then I didn't understand the gravity of the show, but 12 or so years have passed so...yeah I think I follow now haha.

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:05 pm

Welcome BlackBerryMilk! Enjoy your stay!
SPOILER: Show

BlackberryMilk
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby BlackberryMilk » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:20 pm

I only hope I can keep up the responsibilities of this vast forums majestic membership.

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:58 pm

View Original PostBlackberryMilk wrote:I only hope I can keep up the responsibilities of this vast forums majestic membership.

We have responsibilities now? Well fuck.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:08 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:We have responsibilities now? Well fuck.

Lies! Lies I tells ya!
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Return to “Old Stickies”