Uniqlo Evangelion 3.0 Apparel (?)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment is scheduled to debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Uniqlo Evangelion 3.0 Apparel (?)

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:41 pm

When my friend and I went to the Uniqlo store in NYC last June, we found a whole table full of t-shirts featuring designs from the first two Rebuild movies. We're going to the city again tomorrow, and one of our planned stops is this same store. Would anyone happen to know if Uniqlo has produced any Q-themed apparel since the movie came out? I'm pretty confident that they haven't made any yet, but I just wanted to be sure.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:15 pm

If they have, it's not been advertised on their website. I know there were at least 2 instances that I mentioned them on the twitter feed:

It was a summer-only campaign so they're not marketing that anymore.
Last edited by Ornette on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:48 pm

Yeah, they do. My girlfriend got a grey tee with 'Q' on it (Probably the best out of the lot), and I got a red Unit-2'β shirt for my brother.

This was in Japan though mind...

transcendent12
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby transcendent12 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:05 am

yeah, been out for some time in Japan. At least in the UK, it took a while (years?) for the eva 2.0 stuff to arrive. So your best bet for immediate relief is sellers through ebay, to be had around £20+

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:35 pm

I just recently manged to import a 2.0 shirt which I take as being pretty lucky since they have not been in production for awhile now. I too wonder when the 3.0 shirts will finally make their worldwide appearance... or even to be available to import.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:54 pm

View Original PostMAGI_01 wrote:I just recently manged to import a 2.0 shirt which I take as being pretty lucky since they have not been in production for awhile now. I too wonder when the 3.0 shirts will finally make their worldwide appearance... or even to be available to import.

Damn, they stopped making them? I saw them at Uniqlo's flagship store in June, but I didn't think they were going out of print anytime soon.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:14 am

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:Damn, they stopped making them? I saw them at Uniqlo's flagship store in June, but I didn't think they were going out of print anytime soon.

They are no longer listed on either the U.S. or Japanese websites. There is probably some left over stock floating around somewhere, but with nothing being listed on Uniqlo's U.S. and Japanese websites the last time I looked, it's pretty safe to say they are out of production.

spiderman is cool
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby spiderman is cool » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:53 am

Had never heard of this store before, just did a quick search and glad to say they have a branch where I live in Japan (Okinawa), I'll have to stop by soon!

AR-99
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:15 pm

I've been waiting for the Eva shirts to show up on the US website but no luck there, although they do have Ghost in the Shell, Tiger & Bunny, and One Piece. My sister scored for me the blue GiTS shirt of Section 9 from the SF store but her latest report is that they are now out. The SF store opened in the fall so who knows if they would have stocked 3.0 shirts if they had opened earlier.

Ebay has some from both 2.0 and 3.0. Just landed a 2.0 shirt of a scene of Rei from 1.0 for $0.15 although it's for collecting purposes since it's size S. A couple of the ebay sellers stock multiple sizes of one design but no guarantees that they will still have one in your size for a good price that isn't too inflated above the 1,500 Y price tag.

There is also a HK based website named Kidsamurai that I was hoping would stock 3.0 shirts since they did for 2.0 but they never came in. They are sold out of all earlier shirts but you can use their website as a historical reference.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:26 pm

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:
There is also a HK based website named Kidsamurai that I was hoping would stock 3.0 shirts since they did for 2.0 but they never came in. They are sold out of all earlier shirts but you can use their website as a historical reference.

The 2.0 shirt I just imported a few weeks back came from kidsamurai... the one I got was probably one of the last ones they had in stock. I have been keeping an eye of their site for any announcement on 3.0 shirts as well. hopefully sometime soon they will have some in stock.

Otherwise I have no clue where else to look other than ebay.

unit01
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby unit01 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:45 pm

http://www.uniqlo.com/jp/store/feature/uq/ut/evangelion/

might help ?

BlackberryMilk
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BlackberryMilk » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:05 am

View Original Postunit01 wrote:http://www.uniqlo.com/jp/store/feature/uq/ut/evangelion/

might help ?

Uniqlo just started their E-Commerce, several months after the shirts were released unfortunately. I used to live in Brooklyn, so I bugged a lot of friends there to pick them up for me.

The quality of the shirts are really nice, and the graphics don't look just plastered/ironed onto the shirt..I've honestly never worn them yet, and I got them last year during the spring. Too afraid someone will come flying at me with handfuls of spaghetti sauce.
PSN: HTMLOL

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”