Official Departures Thread

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:22 pm

Started a thread for voicing Wiki concerns and suggestions over here.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:29 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Wait, what? When the hell did that happen? WHY?
I seriously had no idea this happened at all.

It might be closer to 1.5. However, I don't remember the post that caused it, but I DO know I was not informed of the ban nor was I ever given a date for how long it would last. When I attempted to pester Ornette, nothing happened. Only harassing Reichu fixed the issue.

It's also worth noting that despite people like Gendo's Papa (who basically calls people fags) and Warren Peace (whose behavior was also inexcusable) running around, only I and Lucretius and other Rebuild critics got punished for our behavior. The sheer ludicrousness of this offended me and I skedaddled the heck out of here.

And now I'm back for The Valiants Project and to laugh with friends in IRC about random BS.

EDIT: For those who want to hear more of my pity party, when I first discussed the issue with Ornette in June 2011 he told me the mods would "work" on making a schedule for Rebuild-unbanning. In July 2012, over a year later, he revealed that NOTHING came of it. I'm really only here to laugh with friends at this point.

EDIT 2: PC-ified phrasing at essel's request

EDIT 3: And now that I've gotten an apology from an anonymous source, I feel obliged to note that I feel much less vitriol than I did an hour ago. Yay!

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:58 am

It gnaws at my mind, begging for a way out, yet i lack the budget and tools to let it out. Without discussion, this may drown me. Go here if you want to discuss it, until it is unlocked, i will only respond to PMs. My subconscious will kill me if i don't discuss this openly. Goodbye for now. It needs to escape from me.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:49 am

I unlocked your thread right after responding to your PM.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:35 am

I wonder how many of the opinions about Bagheera expressed in this topic are due to the sheer chance of not seeing him at his worst. I've seen him at his worst. And his best. And the contrast is quite shocking. (And also completely explains the situation now.) Sometimes it's hard to believe that the same guy who can be so chatty and friendly with me about Toradora or Power Plays is the same guy I saw be absolutely rancid to SSD over a mere disagreement on the state of Kyoko's soul (this was perhaps 18 months ago). And that wasn't the only incident.

But I don't see that Bagheera anymore. At times I hear about what he's doing off in subforums I don't frequent and I wonder, "Is he being again like he was that [s]one[/s] [s]two[/s] those many times in Discussion?" But if he is, somehow it's just always not around me. So maybe it's been the same with the rest of you who have nothing but fine things to say about him.

I like the Bagheera I've been seeing recently. There was a time when I calmed myself down about him by thinking "He'll get banned soon enough", but when I heard him first flirt out loud with the idea of leaving this forum, my chest seized up and my eyes widened. I actually look forward to nice-Bagheera's posts now.

Bagheera, if you do go, do come back. And I mean completely. Like old times. Just ... not ... too much like old times.

By the way, since when was Kyoko's soul being all in Unit 02 ever the orthodoxy? I've been on this forum for years and it was only the discussion you were involved in during summer 2011 (at least, I think that was the time of year) which was the first time I ever heard of the idea. People who think like you won't always voice their support -- especially when they don't feel like they have anything to add, and who has less to add than the guy who's just going to pop in to agree?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:40 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:By the way, since when was Kyoko's soul being all in Unit 02 ever the orthodoxy?

Far as I can tell, it came across that way as a result of me (and some of the other wiki-editors, I guess?) dumping it on Kyoko's wiki page as if it were granted, and then showing resistance to the alternative in open forum debate.

My own mental resistance tends to be a temporary mind-state. At this point, I'm all, "Yeah, sure, okay. We can edit that shit to make it less contentious and express more viewpoints anytime. (Just don't expect me to write about your views for you; I'm lazy, distracted, and will probably get it completely wrong besides.)"
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:42 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:I've been on this forum for years and it was only the discussion you were involved in during summer 2011 (at least, I think that was the time of year)

Wasn't long after I joined so yea, that'd be accurate. Fall at the latest
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:46 am

Wait .....Bagheera's gone, that sucks. I hope you come back soon.
I know I'm late on this.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:10 pm

I haven't been here for a few days, and that is going to be more usual in the future. You see, ever since new year, i have been really getting into Cracked, and i am going to study a lot in there with the purpose (among other things) of getting articles published. This is going to take a lot of effort and time, but more than that: I want to do it, i am really interested in doing it.

As a side effect of my new focus and dedication on Cracked and other endeavors (Working on my Borderline, learning illustration/Art, and working on making that new forum the chiefs among them) I'm not going to be in EGF as often as i used to. Not like i'm leaving the place for good or anything, and i'm sure i'm going to log in at least once a week and likely more, but just thought i should mention i'm not going to be here as often.

See you around, guys.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:28 pm

I hope you well in your future endeavours Dream, it's always good to hear about others wishing to take on bigger challenges or to try to improve their way of living. I only will you the best of luck and hope you reach your New Years Resolution's goal.

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:03 pm

See ya 'round Dream, I wish ya the best.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:13 pm

Good luck with everything, Dream! I look forward to hearing about your success in those endeavors!
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:15 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:
See you around, guys.

Good luck with everything Dream.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:36 pm

I'm glad to hear that you're doing what you want with your life, Dream. :salute:
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:56 pm

I'd been wondering where you'd gone off to. . .

I wish you luck, Dream. May this be the beginning of a new start for you.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:35 pm

I'm leaving tomorrow for Houston, TX, to help nanny my little twin nephews while my sister is in the last stages of her current pregnancy. Estimates are that I'll be needed for a month or so. I imagine that I won't have much time to diddle around on the forum -- so if I end up disappearing completely for the next few weeks, that's why.

Hopefully I'll also see Zappy and SSD while I'm down there. If that happens, the photographic evidence will be posted.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

EvaBrothers
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby EvaBrothers » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:41 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:to help nanny my little twin nephews while my sister is in the last stages of her current pregnancy. Estimates are that I'll be needed for a month or so.

A month is not little time, but babysitting twin kids... Aww. ^_^ Congratulations to your sister for the upcoming baby!
Last edited by EvaBrothers on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Luana Spinetti ~ [email protected] (Email)
Note: I'm no longer the author of the fanfiction "Eva Brothers from Cybertron". I passed authorship to a friend (Lia Dospetti) who's turning it into her own work, while still maintaining homages to NGE and Transformers, as well as Star Trek. I still draw the artworks, though, and I have some fragments of the old fanfic here.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:52 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:nanny my little twin nephews

Good luck Reichu!
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:18 pm

See ya Reichu!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:21 pm

Enjoy doing the aunt thing, Reichu.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Old Stickies”