Camrip/BDRip & FanSub Status Thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Knuckles
Tunniel
Tunniel

Camrip/BDRip & FanSub Status Thread

•      
  •      

Postby Knuckles » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:44 pm

So lately a few of these threads have been popping up asking about the process of an English translation here in the non-spoiler section of the Rebuild forum, and they've been being met with either cryptic, shorthand responses, or just plain being locked right from the start.

I dont know why these threads keep being locked, but it's unfair to us that want to know the progress of whatever's going on with a 3.0 translation without having to dive into the 3.0 subforum. There needs to be one thread out here for us unspoiled folks to know what the heck is going on in there. So please, don't lock this.

I saw that thread titled 'CamRip?' and while it was in another language I can assume this was someone asking where they could download one. Well that's not this thread. I titled this thread script translation as to avoid any misconceptions; this wouldnt be the place to ask for a camrip, just for the more savvy folk to let us know the exact details of what's happening without us ripping our hairs out out here.

Edit this if there's any problems.
"It doesn't matter. This is all I need.."
"Rei is genetically his mom, socially his friend/coworker/classmate, legally his sister, spiritually the progenitor of the entire 'normal' biosphere, physically a mass of matter that ought not be, and technically (depending on which Rei we're talking about) also some form of the risen dead.

...and I still like Shinji/Rei."

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:51 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:55 pm

1) There are about 12 minutes of cam-rip raws out on the internet, of scenes as described in the now locked thread
2) There is a full audio rip, and crowd-sourced transcription and translation are happening; I don't know how close to completion that project is, since I only have fanboy Japanese skills.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:58 pm

Knuckles: If you're not willing to dive into spoiler territory, why do you need to know the translation's status? I mean... what are you going to do with the translation when it is finished, since it in and of itself constitutes out-of-context spoiler heaven?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:13 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knuckles
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Knuckles » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:24 pm

I wouldn't have said it better, thanks Seele00.

Also, from what I would guess, given the translation of the full audio, as soon as a full camrip comes out the makers of the translation could essentially, in not so many words, copy/paste it onto the camrip and it'd be ready to watch in a very short amount of time? Not too sure of the process involved, if someone could clarify.
Last edited by Knuckles on Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rei is genetically his mom, socially his friend/coworker/classmate, legally his sister, spiritually the progenitor of the entire 'normal' biosphere, physically a mass of matter that ought not be, and technically (depending on which Rei we're talking about) also some form of the risen dead.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:34 pm

Script + timing information = simple subtitles file, so yeah, when there's video to play it against, fansubs will appear in short order.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Knuckles
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Knuckles » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:18 pm

That's great news. :ting:

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:30 am

Knuckles wrote:I saw that thread titled 'CamRip?' and while it was in another language I can assume this was someone asking where they could download one.

Actually, the guy was announcing the existence of said CamRip.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:01 am

The translation is only missing a small handful of lines at this point.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

jessicadasilva
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby jessicadasilva » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:39 am

Yes! If the translation is going so well, I asume the rest is just a matter of time to pop up.
And I say for myself that the forum is the only place I trust for surching this kind of information, and it was about time to have a subject of this matter.
Thank you people! :jiggy:

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:26 pm

Reichu wrote:The translation is only missing a small handful of lines at this point.

That was surprisingly fast! Sending a distant "job well done!" to the 3.0 subforum dwellers that made it possible.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:32 pm

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:That was surprisingly fast! Sending a distant "job well done!" to the 3.0 subforum dwellers that made it possible.

It's crowd-sourced on github, so there are a number of contributors who don't associate with the likes of us EGFers. :p Anyway, not actually DONE yet, just NEARLY there.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Knuckles
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Knuckles » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:56 pm

Kudos to those associated with the project, if any of you happen to browse this thread ^_^. I'm glad this fandom has such dedicated fans.

trueno_twentyone
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby trueno_twentyone » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:59 am

Did somebody say CamRip! :D

Anyways, been a while EGF. Missed this place.

GideoVames
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby GideoVames » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:29 pm

>that feel when it's mid December and still no camrip

GOTTA GO FAST!

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Would I be correct in assuming that once the fansub is complete it will be prepped for pasting onto the camrip? Or is no one bothering to sub the camrip at all?
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:23 pm

libs
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby libs » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:53 pm

Does anyone have any idea why is it so difficult to camrip this movie? I remember that it didn't take nearly as long as this for a camrip when 2.0 was out. This is getting on my nerves. I've already rewatched 1.11, 2.22 and the tv series... sniffle

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:41 pm

View Original Postlibs wrote:Does anyone have any idea why is it so difficult to camrip this movie? I remember that it didn't take nearly as long as this for a camrip when 2.0 was out. This is getting on my nerves. I've already rewatched 1.11, 2.22 and the tv series... :sniffle:

I found the 2.0 camrip on nyaatorrents a week or so ago. The date on it was July 16, 2009, which is only 3 weeks after the Japanese theatrical release of 2.0. To say I wasn't hoping for the camrip to appear sometime in the past week would be a lie. But if the pattern holds even loosely, we may see the fabled video appear under our Christmas trees this year....
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”