[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:49 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Speaking of...Shinji and Kaworu don't call each other by their first names in Q until Kaworu gains Shinji's trust by putting on the DSS Choker, huh?

Isn't that a recurring motif throughout the Rebuild movies?

1.0: Touji: I think I should call you Shinji now.

2.0: I give you a special permission to call me Asuka.

3..0: Just Kaworu is fine.

4.0:... "Rei" or "Mari"? On the one hand, Mari, being a westerner, probably wouldn't make a fuss about her first name, we never see anyone say her last name out loud. It's always just "Mari", so maybe Rei would be a more suitable candidate, since Shinji spent the last three movies calling her "Ayanami", it would be ideal for the finale - then again, the tragedy that he never got to just "Rei" with her of all people would be some painful bittersweet ending material.

In the original, the third instance happened right away, the second took place somewhere over the course of episode 9 (He still asks her "What are you doing here, Soryu?" when he finds her in his now ex-room.)
As for Touji, hm, dunno. Between episodes 4 and 5? He's definitely still saying "Ikari" in episode 4. In the original, Kensuke had switched to "Shinji" by episode 8, which never seems to happen in Rebuild - he still calls him "Ikari" when he tells him that Sakura's being discharged.
Last edited by Kendrix on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Shakabutt
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Shakabutt » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:40 pm

Maybe the Mari is Asuka's sister thing makes sense .

I dunno, maybe they will allude to the scene in EOE where Shinji is playing in the sand, and theres small Asuka and another girl wich get picked up by a woman... that part i believe was in Shinji's head,maybe a represed memory or something.

It could be interesting , all 3 eva (human ones) pilots being together as toddlers...but split up later.

It could also develop Asuka's "alone" issues, you know finding her sister after being chewed to bits .

Who knows, or maybe its just a random coleague of Yui's

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:18 pm

^Then Asuka is british?

Or maybe it's just the old status quo: The children are all either artificial or related to NERV/GEHIRN-scientists.

So Mari's mother must've been a scientist who worked on the program. If she's a scientist who worked on the program, she might have met Yui.

Maybe Mari's a friend of the family? It would explain the "Gendo-kun", through that could just be Mari not making a big deal out of formalities.
She "doesn't like working with adults"... she sorta grew out of it as she works with the rest of WILLE just fine, but she could still act that way about adults that aren't exactly on her friends list, so she calls him "Gendo-kun" for lack of respect or something.

Or who knows. In any case, first names or lack thereof are obviously important in Rebuild. Maybe Mari is always just "Mari" (cept in written text on screens or something - even with her mysterious benefactors on the phone, she's just "Mari.") because she's supposed to represent change... wait, I should probably open a thread for this.

In any case, information of the bespectacled woman in the photo is always appreciated. What'd we all do for a photo!
And what about the two men?
Some sources mention young Gendo.

...but that one bit about a group of children is thoroughly debunked by now, isn't it?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:29 pm

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/13488/SPOILERS-Thoughts-about-Mari/
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:38 pm

I'd like an image of Lilith and Eva-06 myself. Has Lilith's body turned into Rei's body, or is it still the great big marshmallow lady? (The description reminds me of Episode 23' )
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Adam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adam » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:07 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Adam: Thanks a lot for doing that! :bow: It helps a lot. (Though I can't even start to imagine some of these visuals! -o-; )

Do you by chance remember when the big screw-like thing comes out of the ground?

I think just after Eva-13 rockets into the sky and halt over the podest in the clouds, but I'm not so sure. Definitely not before that, as this thing just comes directly out of the geofront/from the place where the ground is split in 4 like a cross.

It could be the Black Moon, or in other words: I dunno what else it could be. There is one shot in the Utada trailer @01:09, the screw/mushroom-thing just comes out of the exploding ground (and later it stops just under the podest). Well, at this point there is so much stuff and foremost new stuff going on, it probably blew my mind more than EoE. I'm still an Eva Q-Zombie and listening to the OST the whole day through.

View Original PostReichu wrote:By the way... Anyone who's seen the movie want to try doing a sketch of the Lilith / Mark.06 blob? None of the pixiv spoiler manga that I've seen actually depict the two of them as described, and just words alone don't seem to do the sight of this thing justice.

I can do that later today, but I can't scan it, so it's gonna be a photo taken with a digicam if that's fine.

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:I'd like an image of Lilith and Eva-06 myself. Has Lilith's body turned into Rei's body, or is it still the great big marshmallow lady? (The description reminds me of Episode 23' )

the first shot we see from Lilith's totally resembles that image of Adam being found by the expedition at the South Pole, in the Extended Opening of the TV Series or what you wanna call it. It's taken from the top, just like that one.
http://wiki.evageeks.org/File:Full-op_C234_adam-spear.jpg
But the angle was different (butt and legs pointing to the bottum of the screen, or so). Later we see Lilith from the side, and she has some injuries, like you can see her ribs on her left side and she has some other injuries around her right shoulder.

View Original PostJoeD80 wrote:Wow very nice description. So Lillith's head is not in the same room as her body?

No, the pile of red Evas with the Lilith-head on top seems to have formed where Zeruel was attacked by Shinji in 2.0 (where Eva-01's hand is blown off and the blood sprays all over Gendou). It resembles that room a lot.

View Original PostKendrix wrote:I'm VERY grateful.
Both Shinji climbing the skulls and The EVA-like things trying to grab Lillith's head recall that sort of visual. Desperately climbing up to reach a source of salvation.

Shinji climbs up Lilith's huge back on his hands and knees. Yes, your interpretation sounds good.

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Did you catch how old she looked or what hair color she had? If you say she looked like Asuka, it might even be freakin Kyoko instead. Or it really is Mari's mother who doesn't wear the same hairstyle as her daughter. ... Wasn't one of the men Gendo? Or was that information incorrect?

Maybe she looked only "old" due to the glasses, but everyone in this picture looks older than the pilots of course. The men, I can't tell at all. Their faces are absolutely not familiar. Her hair color was brown. Now I can't remember correctly anymore which brown, Mari or Asuka. Sorry, I'd say Mari-brown, but can't guarantee it, so pls don't make any assumptions based on this. The glasses looked like Mari's old glasses in 2.0, or they had at least the same red/pink color if I remember correctly.

View Original PostKendrix wrote:From all this, it sorta sounds like that angel took over the mark six, marched to Lillith and was stopped seconds from starting an impact via lance.

Hard to say. Anyhow, this is what Seele/Gendou wanted.

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Or something like that. Kaworu seems to have allied with the humans some point prior to Q, as he doesn't seem conflicted at all, like he was in ep 24. Maybe he even fought number twelve?

It seems like even Kaworu doesn't really know what's going on there first. Even if he created that "mess", then at least someone else changed the Cassius Lance for another Longinus Lance. Kaworu was with the Lilin all the way since his birth, don't you think so?
Last edited by Adam on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:44 pm

Maybe the woman in the picture is Kyoko?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:08 am

View Original PostAdam wrote:I can do that later today, but I can't scan it, so it's gonna be a photo taken with a digicam if that's fine.

That's fine.

This fan-art seems to show a lot of the things you've mentioned,

SPOILER: Show

but no Mark.06 or anything. I'll be looking forward to your sketch. :D
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:48 am

Someone here mentioned the food motif and the pressence of food in mari's entry plug? How the hell can Mari eat and drink in there in the first place? I thought the entry plug was full of LCL liquid which they breath through? Huh? Its not like you can eat potato chips in there or drink a can of pop without contaminating the cockpit?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:08 am

Electric Sachiel: :arrow:

http://forum.evageeks.org/post/576850/SPOILERS-Thoughts-about-Mari/#576850
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

UBERGEEKZILLA
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby UBERGEEKZILLA » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:26 am

i hear that near the end of the movie Asuka kicks Rei's ass.......is this a true statement

Adam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adam » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:58 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:This fan-art seems to show a lot of the things you've mentioned,

but no Mark.06 or anything. I'll be looking forward to your sketch. :D

The Rei head looks pretty much like that. It's oozing red goo from the eyes at some point, minutes before then thing is exploding. It seems, this is it's "natural state". Below you can see the (honey-)comb thing from the Shogi scene with Fuyutsuki.

To the right that's Lilith of course, but I don't remember her body as "sexy" in the movie. More like Adam from the picture I linked above. The body looks really rotten. One arm/hand should be reaching out frontwards. In place of her head you can see Mark.06. Even if Eva-13 can stand on it's head easily (which means, that Mark.06 has grown about 5 to 10 times in size when being merged with Lilith - it's shrinking again and turning to it's original color scheme when Lilith is blowing up), compared to the giant Lilith it's no bigger than that actually. Lilith is HUGE in this movie. 25 times the size of an Eva or so. I don't know why there are red crosses instead of LOLs in her back (anyhow, one lance is piercing her neck/Back and another one is piercing the white merged Mark.06)

In the bottom right corner, you can see Giant-of-Light Eva-13 with wings. The two halos in the back, red eyes and lances are missing though.

My sketch is probably gonna come in about 10 hours. I'm at work now and gotta do that when I'm home. Don't expect more than a couple of amateurish sketches please ;-)

View Original PostUBERGEEKZILLA wrote:i hear that near the end of the movie Asuka kicks Rei's ass.......is this a true statement

Hmm, no. Eva-02 only fights very shortly with Mark.09 in Central Dogma, if that's what they mean, only for 5 to 10 seconds or so. Even when Rei comes along when Asuka got Shinji (somehow) out of the entry plug in the very end, Asuka only makes a remark about her being another Rei-clone (or so, see the last minutes of the translation for reference) and then they leave together. No cat fight or anything.
Last edited by Adam on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:31 am

View Original PostAdam wrote: Shinji takes the chance to crawl/climb up Lilith's back on hands and knees and reaches the spears. It seems like this seemingly simple task takes a lot of strength from Eva-13

YES! This is how I remembered it... since it is analogous to what he did in 2.22 and 1.11, I was afraid my memory might be playing tricks on me... Glad to have it confirmed! :ritsuko_mug:

:EDiT:
i hear that near the end of the movie Asuka kicks Rei's ass.......is this a true statement

Ummmm, not quite exactly? IIRC, after Eva 09 turns into "Adams' Vessel", Rei does not have much control over it, and even after turning to Beast Mode, Asuka/Eva 02 are in such a bad situation against the 09-turned-full-body-core-adams-vessel that Asuka sees no other option than activating 02's self-destruction to take it out. At least that is how I remember it.

Note 1: IIRC Mari however said something about Eva 09 being Adams Vessel even at the beginning of the movie when she shot 09's head off and the lass just kept going.

Note 2: I am now afraid the code 777 Asuka uses to activate her Beast Mode might be related to PACHINKO, of all things...
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:56 am

Some unanswered questions I have:

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Shinji and Kaworu don't call each other by their first names in Q until Kaworu gains Shinji's trust by putting on the DSS Choker, huh?

Oh, and Kaworu makes that angry/annoyed/serious face (from the 10/17 Nico trailer) when he shows Shinji the result of Third Impact, I guess?

And was it just Near Third Impact or Third Impact itself happened? Kind of sketchy on details, but I assumed Kaworu stopped the process, although a lot of damage was still done?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:59 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Some unanswered questions I have:
Shinji and Kaworu don't call each other by their first names in Q until Kaworu gains Shinji's trust by putting on the DSS Choker, huh?

IIRC, Correct.

And was it just Near Third Impact or Third Impact itself happened?

In 2.22 you mean? I think Kaworu at first says 3I, then he adds, it's what lilin call NEAR 3I.
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Adam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adam » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:19 pm

OK, here are my "masterworks" (I think some of them looked better in b/w)
1) This is the world which Kaworu shows Shinji. During the movie it's a bit hard to understand where is where. I merged a couple of different shots. Of course Giant-of-Light Eva-13 does not belong there in the scene.

During 4th impact 13 rockets up into the sky and destroys the pillar under the podest all along and breaks through the podest, just to halt and hover a couple of feet over it. The "mushroom" which is coming from the Geofront stops right under the podest.

The violet stuff is INSIDE the cross-shapes crack and not on the surface, IIRC. It looks like one of after a volcano broke out, like frozen lava or molten stone. I dunno, it's so hard to describe. It also looks very unholy. It's messed up stuff ;-)

2) Central Dogma: Lilith looks a bit sturdier actually. The battle does not happen in front of Lilith, I made this up. This is the strong A.T. Field, which is benerated by Eva-13's drones. Asuka has no chance of reaching 13, until she finally succeeds in destroying all 4 of them.

3) This is the scene where Unit 13 rockets up into the sky with Mark.09 in pursuit.
The image below is Mark.06 hovering over the sea of goo and spinning around 360, just before it is decapitated by Mark.09. These two scenes are not connected in the movie, I just put Mark.06 there coz there was some space left.

4) Top: Mark.09 using the eye beam to attack the Wunder. The beam is being shot from where an Eva usually would have it's eyes. Mark.09 only had one eye, but the Adam(s) later has a dozen spread over about 3 visors. I'm not sure if it had a mouth, before it started to chew on Unit-02's head. It might look quite different. This is all I can remember.

Bottom: Beast-02 fighting the Adam(s), which is connected to the Wunder via it's legs, that have turned into goo-cables. Come to think about it: the left arm of Unit-02 is mechanic, so there shouldn't be a paw. I dunno if they paid attention to that in the movie...

5) This is when the "mushroom" toppled sideways after 4th ipact "failed". In the preview where Unit 2+8 battles the Mass Production Evas (they look like Mark.06, as far as I could see in the fact action), in the end Asuka jumps over some mountain or so, and we can see the same view, but there seem to be A.T. Fields on the ground or so (which are not there in Q). The color might be just orange and not violet - I forgot).

DemonSpade
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby DemonSpade » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:34 pm

Oh, lord. What the fuck has Anno been smoking these past few years?

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:40 pm

^The mushroom
a) evokes a thrown-over chess piece. Shinji. you suck at strategy games.

b) but also looks like the cone-like structure between EoE!GNR's hands. with all the red dots.

HECk, these visuals are sick. EoE levels of surreal/sick. Just the Lillith mark 6 fusion thing, like a mix of a headless monk and cassandra's awakened form from claymore. (Basically naked woman with a tiny humanoid torso where none should be)
The seemingly gravity defying pleading/outstretched pose is also something. Especially with the implication that a similarly pleading/outstretched Shinji is going to be climbing it.

Thank you a lot, sir.

Also, that way the podest looks a lot like the babel tower ruin in the ruins of atlantis from "Nadia", the same long thing with podest form. And there's even a landscape of obsidian, too.

Rawinder
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Rawinder » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:44 pm

So that second picture: is that Mark.06 coming out of Lilith's neck? Like a mini-Mark.06 standing in for where Lilith's head should be?

Alpha
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Alpha » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:20 pm

as far as I've read, it's actually several times the size of a normal eva, meaning Lilith is collosal.
This is what nature planned. This is nature's sacrifice.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”