[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:28 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Ouch.
So basically, "We're done with the test subject, window closed, we're tired of you!"

I also didn't see a toilet mentioned in that description...
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:42 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Because a cute, friendly Sakura IMMEDIATELY creates a whole new series of character based merchandise!!

Truthfully though, I'm a sucker for her character already.

Sure worked on me
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:41 pm

View Original PostDarkwing wrote:I also didn't see a toilet mentioned in that description...

Hell. Even Gendo let Ritsuko have a toilet in her minuscule cell from EoE...
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:24 am

Uhh, does anyone know if Nerv changed their logo text in 3.0?

I found this pic and was going to post it in the image thread in Chit Chat but then I noticed the Nerv text was different. Apparently it's a Lain reference?
SPOILER: Show

Anyway, just wanted to check and see if anyone knew whether that was the artist having fun or an official change to the Logo. Given what we know about their plans that looked believable as an official logo for them and I didn't want to post spoilers.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:31 am

The only nerv logo I remember seeing in the movie that is the old version is the one from the bullet ridden concrete wall. It was also in one of the trailers. It had the original text, not the one from the image.

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:36 am

I remember a NERV logo with the "traditional" shape but without any discernible text...
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:38 am

The "close the world, open the next" phrase from that picture is in reference to Serial Experiments Lain.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:24 am

@LiLi and Ornette Thanks guys, just making sure.

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:The "close the world, open the next" phrase from that picture is in reference to Serial Experiments Lain.

Yea some googling discovered that but I wasn't sure if it changed in the movie or not. Wouldn't have surprised me.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Re: A question about unit 01...

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:33 am

To expand on LiLi's post, there is a new Nerv/Seele[?] logo (They're pretty much just Seele now, are they not?) that's shown just the once when the film arrives at the old Nerv branch in Tokyo-03.

It's like a distorted or stylised pixelated version of the Nerv one but without "any discernible text", as LiLi said. It also has those weird squiggly line emblems that some people picked out popping up in 2.0's 'next time' preview of 3.0. Props to anyone who can source an image of said squiggly emblem, haha.

View Original PostExen89 wrote:For those who have already seen the movie...does the unit 01 actually appears in it?

Only one glimpse, which can be seen in those first seven minutes of the film; you see it's eye upside down within the tesseract after deploying the eye-beam to destroy the Nemesis Series Angel in space.

View Original PostDarkwing# wrote:I also didn't see a toilet mentioned in that description...

Sure, a toilet as well then - Why not, haha.

Adam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adam » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:49 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I got a question:

Does 3.0 even have any 'Fan Service'? Didn't sound like it when I listened to the audio rip. Not even an 'Oops, Kaworu shows up randomly naked and Shinji falls and can't get up.'

There's one scene, in Central Dogma I think, where Mari is leaning down together with her Eva (her back is horizontal, not upright), and her tits are pretty much hanging loose due to gravitational laws and thanks to her new suit design
:nyao:

So, on my flight home I didn't have anything better to do, so I wrote a description of what's happening foremost in the movie's action scenes, using the translation of the audio thing. I hope it fit's in here, otherwise do with it as you please...

There might be some poor English at times (I'm not a native speaker), but I couldn't look up each and every work I wasn't sure about on the plane. Anyhow, here we go....
Also, I haven't see the camrips (e.g. the Wunder scene - how far are the visuals known already?) and I missed some discussions here, so there might be some overlapping with stuff that has already been told and cleared up. Anyhow, here it is:

-We know the first couple of minutes. Mari is singing until Asuka tells her to STFU. In 2.0 her singing was okay, but here it's really annoying... Preview Ends

-Shinji wakes up and doesn't know what's going on. When he's being brought to the control room of the Wunder, there are some below average CG effects. I mean, it seems that
the bridge when seen from Shinji's POV here is all CG, but there are not enough deatils to make it look like sophisticated CG

00:10:36 Code 4C. It's the Nemesis Series.
-We know these things from the Utada trailer @00:34 but we can't see them yet

00:10:40 It is advancing 3-dimensionally. It's trying to seal us in.
-Is this where the energy pillars with the "eyes" shoot up into the sky around the Wunder and the other ships? Even when reading the dialogue, I'm still not sure what's going on here. However, at this point the Wunder is still mostly under water and surrounded by the other ships. The whole fleet is in a waiting position maybe close to Russian (my guess only), and surrounded by ice from all sides.

00:18:06 Asuka: Spreading A.T. Field!
00:18:08 It changed into a pillar of light.
-Eva-02 is being launched into the water and Asuka makes Eva 02 spread her A.T. Field. At the same time the energy net with the eyes around the ships is being deployed (up till then it was only vertical pillars, if I remember correctly)
-The energy net makes those whale-like sounds. Asuka uses a lance to reveil the power source (?) of the Wunder, which is sealed under some heavy metal coating...
-Even when reading the translation text I still don't really understand what's going on here. Is this energy net generated by the enemy or Wille? Anyhow, when the energy is connected, there is a huge energy impulse being sent from the Wunder and the whole net is bursting and huge waves of red water are spreading in all directions (the footage has been seen in one of the earlier trailers)
-When the Wunder takes off, two halos form under it (Utada trailer 01:15) and soon thereafter it's getting caught by the "tendrils" of the enemy, which are being pulled into the air by the Wunder now (the back trusters resemble the AT-Field-technique used by the 1st couple of enemy ships during the space battle). The crew makes the ship spin around, so all 4 enemies crash together at some point and are being blasted into pieces by the heavy turrets of the Wunder.

00:27:14 Shinji: Thank god. You're safe, Asuka!
00:27:20 Asuka: I can't stand this. I've been holding this in.
-When Asuka sees Shinji, she punches against the thick window of his "cell", and the "glass" cracks up quite a but. She must be pretty strong... it's hard to understand if this is comedic or if she has angel powers or something. In Beast mode, there's a blue "light" shimmering through her eyepatch.

00:29:07 Target is on the rear deck! It suddenly closed in on us!
00:30:28 Eva... Unit 00.
-Mark 09 is holding on to the Wunder while trying to rescue Shinji. The three extensions, which will soon morph into the jetpack-form, flutter in the strong wind. They seem organic and are either part of Mark 09's body or have been designed to have angel-properties/characteristics (shapeshifting abilities, like the lance etc.)

00:31:53 Mari: ♪ When you aim at your target, be sure not to miss ♪
00:32:09 Mari: I knew it! An Adams' vessel?
-Mari aims for the head of Mark-09 and blows a little chunk out of it first, then she runs to get closer to the target and blows the complete head off.

00:33:49 Shinji: Even though this is the Geofront... you can see the sky.
-Shinji is going down to the Geofront using one of these heavy elevators. There's a roundish and wide hole going up all the way from the Geofront to the surface. The Geofront is pretty much messed up. There are dozens of abandoned bicycles, and piles of tanks and Eva-weapons (rifles). That Eva transportline turntable system (as seen before the Sahaquiel battle, looks like a railway turntable) is filled with barkelite, but some machinery is still moving, like there's something like a train going it's way on some heavy rail-system (see theater booklet page 06, 2nd to last row, photo on the right) and also grey Evangelion spareparts (hands) on some kind of assembly line or something. Seems like there is still something going on after all, despite the fact that we never see anyone else except Gendo, Fuyutsuki, Rei and Kaworu here. Could be the construction of MP Evas, or is it just spareparts after all? But then, if there was no real need as replacements for them at the time, why are they being transported from A to B, and not just stored somewhere?

00:35:20 Shnínji: What's this? An Eva...?
00:35:25 Gendou: That's right.
00:35:30 Gendou: Evangelion 13, a unit for you and that pilot.
-Eva 13 can't be seen yet. It's only that giant round "womb" with the letter Eva-13 in white on it

00:36:47 Shinji: Ayanami, where are you?
Rei has a small provisional room (see theater booklet page 06, bottom row, right) right next to her life support system/tank.

00:50:22 Kaworu: The clouds will disperse soon, and you will see the truth you desire.
-Kaworu takes Shinji down some really long and dangerous staircase along a concrete wall (see theater booklet page 07, bottom row, right). It's weird, as they're going down, not up, but somehow they're above the clouds. It seems like there are also clouds in the hole which goes up from the geofront to the surface.
-When the clouds "disperse" we can see the bloody-rastered moon we know from the Utada Trailer. In the following shot, it's spinning around in it's orbit, but it's really big. It seems like it has come really close to the earth and it's touching the clouds. But it could just be a "camera technique".
-Red crosses are growing through the clouds until the horizon. They look like an Angel eye beam explosion-cross.
-In the center of the huge crack over the Geofront (where the earth splits up into 4 during 3rd impact) there's a long and thin shaft leading to some platform all the way up into the sky. It looks like Ramiel cut horizontally in two, but just the lower part. Reminds me a bit of that tower in the sky from Dragon Ball, where Goku is being sent to train with the cat (if I remember DB correctly). This seems to have formed during of after 3rd impact.

00:53:39 Gendou: All existance is nothing more than a tool for that purpose.
-Gendo and Fuyutsuki talk. I think it is here, that we see the case with Nebuzaxxx's key (you know, that weird thing which Kaji brought with him in 2.0).

00:48:37 Shinji: Toji, Kensuke, Prez, everyone...
00:53:53 Shinji: What is...
-Shinji's room seems to have some automatic supply system for meals and fresh clothes. At some point (one of the above, I think the latter one) he get's a new white shirt, but it's a bit too big. In the inside Shinji spots a stitched on name tag of Touji. It used to be Touji's shirt.
-Why do they have it at Nerv? Did they use Touji for Eva business at Nerv during those 14 years when Shinji was asleep, or is Nerv running out of white shirts, and when they just found it somewhere outside they picked it up like "well, you never know"? Rather not the latter one I guess...

00:56:13 Fuyutsuki: Your mother. Maiden name, Ayanami Yui.
-Fuyutsuki invites Shinji to play Shogi but uses this as an excuse to tell Shinji a little more about the truth.
-on a photo we see 2 females and 2 males. The females are Yui and someone who looks like an older Asuka, wearing Maris glasses, or an older Mari with Asuka's hair style. You see her head mostly from the back, so it's hard to figure out. I have no clue who the 2 guys are.

00:56:27 Fuyutsuki: Hm. The power was finally restored.
-Behind Fuyutsuki and Shinji, the device which held Eva 01 during the experiment can be seen. It looks like the back half from a mold for some action figure if you will. I mean, it's a huge and heavy cross with the form of Eva 01's backside and arms spread to the left and right imprinted in it.

00:57:03 Fuyutsuki: The Rei you know is one of the clones of Yui-kun.
-I Fuyutsuki's back we can see many Rei-head which each lie in one cell like the larvas in a bee hive or a honeycomb

00:58:15 Gendou: The time of the final contract is upon us.
00:58:20 Gendou: Wait just a little longer, Yui.
-Gendou talks to a giant Rei head (Lilith's head as it seems) which sits on top of a mountain consisting of red Eva-shaped things, which look like they reach out to the head. They look small, almost human-sized in a later shot

01:00:47 Fuyutsuki: Has the final executor been completed?
01:00:50 Gendou: Yes, Everything we need is right here.
-Eva-13 is being extracted form that giant round womb (see theater pamphlet p08 middle)

01:02:10 Kaworu: I will shoulder the burden of the Lilin's curse and the risk of Eva's Awakening for you.
01:02:21 Shinji: Kaworu-kun...
-Kaworu "gently" takes off the choker using his Angel abilities or something.

01:03:25 Shinji: You're amazing. You know everything.
01:03:30 Kaworu: That's because I am always thinking about you.
-Kaworu is very touchy and always coming close to Shinji, so there's a lot of homo-erotic stuff going on between Shinji and Kaworu. I'm not sure if this can be called 'fan service'... They're pushing it a bit...
-At this point there's a lot of talk and not much action. The pacing is ok, as they keep conversations short, and regularly jump from Shinji-Kawuro to Shinji-Rei interaction and back and forth. I had the impression that the time without any real action passed faster after repeated viewings.

01:03:56 Shinji: Let's go. Kaworu-kun.
01:04:38 Shinji&Kaworu: Evangelion 13, start up!
The entry plugs are being inserted through some "goo" which is opening left and right in the neck/hind shoulder of Unit-13.

01:05:06 Shinji: We're not alone.
01:05:10 Kaworu: You mean the Mark.09? It's here as our backup.
It looks somehow unholy and cool, when Eva-13 and Mark.09 are being let down the long shaft to the "lid" which is sealing central dogma. Especially the headless Mark.09 looks creepy with the scythe, like death itself.

01:05:45 Kaworu(?): The Main Shaft is completely blocked.
01:05:47 Kaworu: keeping anyone from intruding over the past 14 years.
01:05:56 Kaworu: It's like one big lid.
01:06:00 Kaworu: It's all right. Eva-13 was made for breaking through this.
-Shinji and Kaworu start to concentrate (?) and slowly the surface resolves into small bricks in a circular movement aorund Eva-13, which soon resolve into dust, until the whole "lid" is gone

01:07:07 Kaworu: We've arrived. The deepest part of Central Dogma.
01:07:14 Kaworu: The epicenter of Third Impact.
There are giant skulls all over the floor, and the huge red cross is lying on the floor.

01:07:21 Shinji: Is this Lilith?
01:07:23 Kaworu: It once was. Now, it is her corpse.
Lilith's corpse here looks pretty much like the image of Adam from the tank images/extended TV opening, down on her knees and supporting her upper body with the left hand, while reaching out frontwards with the right arm/hand. The lance of Longinus is pierced through her back. Instead of a head the torso of Mark 06, which is completely white like Lilith and pierced by the other lance is attached to Lilith' body,.

01:07:48 Shinji: The things that are piercing them... are our targets?
01:07:52 Kaworu: Yes, the Spears of Longinus and Cassius. Wielding both requires two souls.
01:08:00 Kaworu: That is why we have the Double Entry System.
01:08:23 Kaworu: Hold on. Something is wrong.
01:08:26 Shinji: What is it, Kaworu-kun?
01:08:31 Kaworu: This is not right... Both of the Spears have changed into a similar shape.
At this time only two long red lances are visible in their spear form with the end not being open/not being separated (the "head" of the lances can't be seen). Kaworu seems to understand that it is in fact two times the Lance of Longinus.
-Well, the question regarding the last line above would be, if the Lance of Cassius shapeshifts at all, when being thrown. At least in the end of 2.0 it stays in the same shape all the time. So it might actually never change it's form, as this seems to be the reason for Kaworu's doubts.

01:08:44 Shinji: What's going on?!
01:08:55 Shinji: Eva-02?
-Suddenly there's a huge explosion in the back of Eva-13 (00:39 in the Utada trailer)
-Asuka and Mari are there to prevent 3rd impact from happening again (as Asuka says)
-Eva-02 attacks Eva-13 by jumping on it, but is being stopped by a powerful A.T. Field, which is generated by 4 freely operating drones (00:35 in Utada Trailer)
-When charging at Unit-13 again, Eva-02 is being hit strongly Mark.09's scythe and being thrown back again
-Asuka confronts Mark.09 and manages to make Rei lose her scythe in the battle

01:09:25 Asuka: Support fire, you're always late!
01:09:27 Mari: Sorry, sorry!
01:09:28 Mari: Adams' Vessel-san,
01:09:31 Mari: allow me to stop your plan, at least...
-Mari stays at the entrace to the heart of central dogma (the opening of the "lid" over the heads of everyone) and uses her rifle to attack Mark.09 from long distance (00:34 in Utada trailer).
-Rei hides from Mari under the toppled big red cross later.

01:11:45 Shinji: Asuka... Please!
01:11:48 Shinji: Stay out of our way!
01:11:49 Asuka: Go down quietly, you little brat!
-Shinji seemingly easily evades Asuka's attacks, while Kaworu doesn't do anything except sitting there and thinking
-Asuka has a really hard time fighting against the A.T. Fileds of the drones. However, she managed to destroy 2 drones earlies, and stabs the last 2 drones with her lance.
-Asuka starts another attack using the double blades, which Shinji catches using Unti 13's bare hands.
-At this point Eva-02' energy runs out, so Shinji takes the chance and slaps herliterally in her (Eva-02's) face and make her fall back

01:12:08 Shinji: While we still have the chance! The Spears!
01:12:11 Asuka: You'd raise a hand against a girl... You're the worst.
-With Eva-02 out of energy and waiting for an spare battery pack (?) from Mari, Shinji takes the chance to crawl/climb up Lilith's back on hands and knees and reaches the spears. It seems like this seemingly simple task takes a lot of strength from Eva-13
-the glowing parts of Eva-13's armour partially turn red (I think this is the moment)
-Lilith is huge, and even Mark.06 is several times larger than Unit 13 now.
Eva-13 stands on top of Mark.06

01:13:16 Asuka: Glasses! Get rid of the barrier!
01:13:18 Asuka: You're cleared to use AA ammo!
01:13:20 Mari; I've been waiting for this.
01:13:22 Mari; Check these babies out!
01:13:30 Mari: No A.T. Field?
01:13:32 Mari: Don't tell me this unit...
-Mari shoots some kind of driller ammo at Unit 13, which just drills through the shoulders and disappear inside 13 (?).
-The next moment, Eva 13 grows an extra pair of arms which are first crossed over the chest and then extended fully, and pulls both lances out using two arms for each one, holds them up into the air and crosses them (*Shinji is now really happy*)
-The lances open up to the regular shape (split end) and Lilith, as well as the Giant Rei/Lilith head in front of Gendou, which was spilling blood from the eyes before, dissolve/explode into red goo

01:14:22 Eva Mark.06?
01:14:25 Pattern blue? What's going on?
01:14:30 This is bad! The 12th Angel is still alive!
-The shit is literally hitting the fan now:
-While Eva-13 is levitaing holding both lances in her hands (see pamphlet p.10, top right image), down below Mark 06 is back to it's original form (blue) and hovering sideways over the sea of blood, spinning around 360 degrees like in trance or being posessed.
-A halo appears over the body once shortly and some bright red lights appear in the red visor

01:14:49 Rei: This is the order I received.
01:15:00 An Angel!?
01:15:10 Mari: Princess, you should cease the futile fire. The whole thing is a core.
-Mark 09 quickly comes in and decapitates Mark 06
-Suddenly some black stuff (looks like thick organic cables, reminds me of the tentacles of those hunter droids from Matrix) is coming out of the body of Mark 06, spreading from the neck and forming a huge black ball around Unit-13
-Mari, while sitting on Eva-08 and drinking softdrinks (she got a whole pile of empty cups there) admids that they can't do anything against that thing

01:15:37 Rei: This is... me?
-As Rei looks at the Angel for a couple of seconds it turns into her head/face
-Soon the angel turns into a giant deformed embrio, with Eva 13 still being encased

01:18:06 Damn it! It's entering its pseudo-evolved form!
01:18:09 Guess it's Awakening...
01:18:12 It's one of the surviving Adams!
-Eva-13 "breathes in" the giant angel, which turns into a small red ball in 13's mouth, and finally bites on it
-Lilith as well as Mark 06 just seem to be gone/goo, as far as I could judge
-Eva-13's yellow eyes turn into red roundish balls (I mean, the shape is suddenly round, like when Unit-01 awakes in 2.0)
-13's limiters explode and in their place some longer brown outgrowths appear
-Eva-13 now turns white and two halos appear in it's back
-"Ode to Joy!" Eva-13 is rocketing up into the sky together with Mark 09, which also has a halo now, and pulverizes the shaft/pillar all the way and stops just over the podest (see description above @00:50:22).

01:19:55 Misato-san?!
01:19:59 A.T. Field at maximum!
01:20:02 Contain the Eva in its present state!
-The Wunder appears and rams Giant-of-Light-Unit-13 in the back with it's "mouth" (00:33 in Utada trailer)

01:20:08 Fire!
01:20:17 Damage received! Direct hit to main armament!
01:20:19 An Adams' Vessel?!
-The turrets fire at 13 in full force, but are soon being destroyed by Mark 09, which is hovering over the Wunder
-Mark 09 has a halo and shoots double eye beams from where the head originally used to be

01:20:30 Rudder is ineffective!
01:20:32 We're losing altitude!
-The Wunder starts to fly in a circle with one wing scratching the surface of the Earth
-Asuka, having made it to the surface together with Mari, runs to the wing and grabs it to pull herself up

01:20:46 The Adams' Vessel... Wunder's original master!
01:20:48 It intends to take the ship's controls back from Eva-01!
-Mark.09 turns aroud and shapeshifts into a dark-brown Eva-shaped object
-The head basically resembles that of Eva-01, without a horn, but with 3 rows of visors with about a dozen eyes in them
-inside the cockpit, the Seele mark can be seen all over, and at this point Rei loses control over the unit
-Mark 09 lands on the Wunder and it's feet turn into cables that are melting and merging with the ship
-inside the ship Seele's mark can be seen on all screens. The Wunder is being hijacked

01:21:44 / ###!? That's Seele's style, all right!
-Mari shoots off a part of Mark.09's armor around the belly and Seele's mark can be seen imprinted on it. Well, it looks like Liliths new mask combined with the old mask, including the beak/pecker

01:21:55 Code 777 (Triple Seven)!
01:22:04 Who's there?
01:22:05 Who the hell are YOU?!
01:22:24 Report from lower bridge. Eva-02' has engaged the Adams' Vessel!
-Eva-02 transforms into beast mode, runs up to Mark.09 and jumps on it's back
-Mark.09 fends her off somehow, so Eva-02 jumps against the hull of the Wunder and hold on to it in a vertical position
-When Mark.09 shoots off some energy beams, Eva-02 catches those with it's mouth and basically spits them away (the attack is losing it's effect)
-Eva-02 grows white paws and hind legs like a cat, some kind of mechanical tail (looks rather like an extension of the armor than organic), and her teeth get much longer
-Mark.09 attacks with another beam attack, and Eva-02 jumps off the Wunder's hull onto her opponent, fending off the energy ray (or bubble/ball) using her paws and cliges onto the back of Mark 09 again

01:23:09 Geez! The whole thing's a core?
01:23:12 No time...
01:23:14 Sorry, Eva-02!
-Eva-02 bites off the head of Mark-09 and shoots several blasts through the open neck into the body of Mark.09, but the thing won't die
-Instead Mark.09 growth another head to replace the bitten off head, and starts to chew on Eva-02's head vigurously
-Asuka activates the self destruction mode and get's out of there
-Rei has been pulled out of Mark.09 together with her enty plug at some point

01:24:54 I'm sorry. This isn't the happiness you wished for.
01:24:59 I will close the Door of Guf.
Kaworu pierces Eva-13 with both lances through the belly, or through the core

01:25:41 We'll meet again, Shinji-kun.
01:25:44 Kaworu-kun!
-Kaworu looks really happy just before his head is being blown up by the choker
-With Kaworu's having died, one pair of Eva-13's eyes disappears

01:26:04 The Door of Guf hasn't closed yet?
01:26:06 So, Puppy Boy is Seele's backup measure!
-I am not sure anymore, what's happening here...
-I guess, being pierced by the lances, Eva-13 is losing it's halos turning back to it's original color scheme and falling from the sky
-Mari catches Eva-13 using Eva-08, pulls out Shinji in his entry plug (Eva-13's last pair of eyes fading out), and ejects herself

-4th impact comes to an end, the red spinaroony-thing in the sky closes and the giant "Mushroom" which rose from the Geofront before at some point (see the first image of the Utada trailer), topples and falls across the reddish landscape and on/behind Mount Fuji
-this image is very impressive, and it reminds me a bit of old-style Japanese drawings of Mt. Fuji in odd colors

-lastly Asuka enters Shinji's ejected entry plug and finds Shinji there pretty much motionless on the ground.
-She leaves him there first, but comes back and takes him outside
-Rei comes up to them, and after some short talk follows Asuka dragging Shinji through the "red desert"
Last edited by Adam on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:05 pm

Adam: Thanks a lot for doing that! :bow: It helps a lot. (Though I can't even start to imagine some of these visuals! -o-; )

Do you by chance remember when the big screw-like thing comes out of the ground?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:19 pm

Well that's interesting. Sounds like a whole lot of Jargon there in the final battle, but still some interesting things we can take away. I guess Seele had a trap set up too. Mari seems to know a few things as well.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

JoeD80
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby JoeD80 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:31 pm

Wow very nice description. So Lillith's head is not in the same room as her body?

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:30 pm

I'm VERY grateful.

A lot of this looks like something out of Dante's inferno, or, Moses' staff? Know that one story where em ppl were told to touch it to be healed or something?

Both Shinji climbing the skulls and The EVA-like things trying to grab Lillith's head recall that sort of visual. Desperately climbing up to reach a source of salvation. Or, like the gate in the 2003 FMA anime. Something like that.

Also, thanks for more description on the mysterious woman. Did you catch how old she looked or what hair color she had?

If you say she looked like Asuka, it might even be freakin Kyoko instead.
Or it really is Mari's mother who doesn't wear the same hairstyle as her daughter. Those are probably conspiring GEHIRN scientists or stuff.

Wasn't one of the men Gendo? Or was that information incorrect?

From all this, it sorta sounds like that angel took over the mark six, marched to Lillith and was stopped seconds from starting an impact via lance.

Or something like that. Kaworu seems to have allied with the humans some point prior to Q, as he doesn't seem conflicted at all, like he was in ep 24. Maybe he even fought number twelve?
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:12 pm

Jeez, this really is a visually-packed film. Adam, thanks a lot for the detailed summary!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:07 pm

View Original PostJoeD80 wrote:Wow very nice description. So Lillith's head is not in the same room as her body?

I remember it being in a room where Gendo was able to view it, definitely didn't look like it was in the very large chamber that Lilith's body was in.

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:09 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:
Also, thanks for more description on the mysterious woman. Did you catch how old she looked or what hair color she had?

If you say she looked like Asuka, it might even be freakin Kyoko instead.
Or it really is Mari's mother who doesn't wear the same hairstyle as her daughter. Those are probably conspiring GEHIRN scientists or stuff.

Wasn't one of the men Gendo? Or was that information incorrect?

From all this, it sorta sounds like that angel took over the mark six, marched to Lillith and was stopped seconds from starting an impact via lance.

Or something like that. Kaworu seems to have allied with the humans some point prior to Q, as he doesn't seem conflicted at all, like he was in ep 24. Maybe he even fought number twelve?

Or the "Mari is Asuka's Sister" theory is correct. Well probably not.

This version of Kawrou seems to know who Shinji is and be interested in him right from the get go. His first lines at the endo of 1.0 are even about how he wants to meet him. Hell that's probably the source of 90% of the sequal theories.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:27 pm

View Original PostDarkwing wrote:This version of Kawrou seems to know who Shinji is and be interested in him right from the get go.

This happened in the original too. Probably thanks to Seele, I'd assume. Their first meeting in Episode 24:

Episode 24 wrote:KAWORU: Singing is great. Singing enriches the soul. It's the crowning achievement of the civilization that the Lilim created. Don't you feel the same? Shinji Ikari?

Shinji: My name...

KAWORU: Everyone knows your name. I don't mean to be rude, but I think you should be a little more aware of your position.

Shinji: You think so? Who are you?

KAWORU: I'm Kaworu, Kaworu Nagisa. One of the children that's part of the design, just like you. I'm the Fifth Child.

Shinji: The Fifth Child? You are? Nagisa?

KAWORU: You can just call me Kaworu, Ikari.

Shinji: You can call me Shinji too.

Speaking of...Shinji and Kaworu don't call each other by their first names in Q until Kaworu gains Shinji's trust by putting on the DSS Choker, huh?

Oh, and Kaworu makes that angry/annoyed/serious face (from the 10/17 Nico trailer) when he shows Shinji the result of Third Impact, I guess?

And was it just Near Third Impact or Third Impact itself happened? Kind of sketchy on details, but I assumed Kaworu stopped the process, although a lot of damage was still done?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:31 pm

By the way... Anyone who's seen the movie want to try doing a sketch of the Lilith / Mark.06 blob? None of the pixiv spoiler manga that I've seen actually depict the two of them as described, and just words alone don't seem to do the sight of this thing justice.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

IDontWantNoScrub
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby IDontWantNoScrub » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:48 pm

The females are Yui and someone who looks like an older Asuka, wearing Maris glasses, or an older Mari with Asuka's hair style. You see her head mostly from the back

Interesting....now everyone go crazy.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”