FML General Thread [3]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:30 pm

Somehow I hurt my pinky and ring fingers on my left hand. Life is 30% more difficult now.

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:Some asshole pretended to be a girl in an attempt to get a picture of my penis. Seriously, what the fuck?

If it were actually a girl would you have let her get the picture?
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:38 pm

What kind of girl would want penis pictures anyway

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:23 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:What kind of girl would want penis pictures anyway

Me.

I collect them.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:27 pm

I was just venting; i didn't expect so many replies.

This person did do a good job of pretending; it took me 2 hours to figure it out, and i usually figure it out sooner. When i confronted him, he admitted it. Also, it wasn't that he was a guy that pissed me off, it's that he lied to me. The full story is almost farcical; if you any of you want to hear it, i'll post it here. I like semicolons.

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby CX1329 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:31 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:if you any of you want to hear it, i'll post it here. I like semicolons.

I vote aye.
Sapientiam autem non vincit malitia.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:13 pm

^Good enough.

My friend, Mary, has a brother named Chris. I used to date Mary, and we still make whoopee now and then, so her brother found out about me. Meanwhile, a friend of Mary's named Nina wanted Mary to tell me that she liked me. Mary text me this information, and her interest was requited. So, later, when Mary's asleep, her brother takes her phone, and gives me his email, saying it was Nina's. Then, he begs me to email him naked pictures. I said i wanted to know her better first, but he insisted. Eventually, i figured out he was her brother, and sent a very simple message:
You tricked me.

He wrote:No I didn't.

I wrote:You're Mary's brother.

He wrote:But you're really hot and I didn't know if you liked guys.

I wrote:I like guys. However, i detest liars.

He left me alone after that.

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:35 pm

That makes more sense, and is much less funny, than what I was thinking. After reading your first post I thought some guy dressed up as a girl and tried to seduce you IRL.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:03 pm

That would've been pretty hot, actually.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:22 pm

View Original PostBomby von Bombsville wrote:Somehow I hurt my pinky and ring fingers on my left hand. Life is 30% more difficult now.
You probably hurt it waving at all the girls.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

riffraff11235
Seed
Seed

Postby riffraff11235 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:19 pm

Welp, I learned my lesson with Facebook. I'm taking all of the Eva-related pages off of my News Feed. Fucking spoilers....

EDIT: Yeah, decided to preemptively treat this one as a troll as well. Since given the information that I have from 2.0, it doesn't seem possible. The Internet is becoming a truly dangerous place. Is there really no one in Japan with the means to get us a decent copy of the film before May?

...The question is rhetorical. I obviously know that the answer is "No".
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:57 pm

After you see it riff, I'd be interested to know what the "spoilers" you read are and if they were accurate. Obviously, don't say them here.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:00 pm

A lot of recent events, combined with certain works of fictions i've been into the last few days (Particularly a game i finished recently) I've started to remember certain things of my past. Namely, i started remembering and questioning my previous perspectives and stances regarding many things of my past in this year. My banning, arguments i've had with many people in this year (mainly HC friends, but also family) some other dramas in which i played a part on, and most of all, how things deteriorated with my dear friend.

Now that i can look at those past events with a greater understanding or "maturity" than the one i had back then, all the skype historys... I can see it now. Ever since the banning, maybe even before that, i was wrong. Many people who had an argument with me and broke off contact with me would say, among other things, words summed up with "If a fact doesn't match his opinion he will just choose to ignore it" or "he often refuses to see the truth in any matter that doesn't match his opinion, no matter how much or how well you explain it" For a long time, i thought they were wrong or they just didn't understand me, but now, after certain recent events, after finishing this game which impulsed me to take a look at all of my past again... They were right, they were always right. Looking at past chat historys i could see they were concerned about me and they were giving honest, good advice. And i was just too stupid and sick and crazy as to take it. But more than that, i don't want to blame the cirscumtances or surrounding factors anymore, i have to recognize it: It was me, it was my fault, it was i who was ultimately responsible for all the terrible things that happened. My banning, how things deteriorated with my dear friend so much so that she ended up blocking me, how i lashed out and alienated so much of my friends... Funny, once, the admin said that he thought i was evil, and i think in a way he was right. I was a horrible, horrible little selfish kid who seemed to think everyone just existed to please him, who always avoided his responsibility and shoved it to the people who cared the most for him. And i think, the person who i was the most horrible to, the one i lashed out the most to, was my dear friend.

I feel so much guilt, horror, shame and pain for all the things i did. For the horrible person i was from around March to... Around July or August, i think. I never thought my past would come back to haunt me in the way it did, i thought i got over all of it, but i didn't, i just forgot about it, moved on instead of addressing it and coming to terms with it. And now that i can see, truly see my past, what happened and the things i did, and how wrong i was... It's so horrible. For almost this entire year, i fell into despair with my banning, i couldn't cope with it, i thought it was unfair. I think... I kind of lost myself, after that, and i started turning into this evil, horrible little kid (and this is something that my dear friend warned me about months before she blocked me, and i didn't listen. She cared enought to help me, give me those advices again and again, and i didn't listen) And things were getting worse and worse, things got more and more strained until they came to a head. But what hurt me most of all, was my dear friend's blocking. For a long time i didn't understand why she blocked me, or why she was so cold towards me. But now, looking back on it all, now that i'm not so crazy and sick and disgusting anymore, i can understand and see why she did it, even when i didn't understand during those days in May in which she unblocked me, and in which i was so horrible and abusive towards her (Well, way before May, actually :ehh: ) Now, so many months later, i can see it.

The truth is, i brougth the banning on myself. You just can't say or do the things i did without expecting to get banned. I'm never going to get unbanned from there, and that is all right. I think, now, i have finally truly accepted it. The truth is, most if not all of the problems that arised with my dear friend (and on a lesser degree, anyone who now has cut contact with me), and the subsequent deterioration of our friendship, was my fault/responsibility. I was just so horrible and abusive towards her, i didn't respect her. Even when she was nice enought to bother explaining to me in detail and multiple times why i never was going to be unbanned from HC, as well as being that patient with any other problems i brought up... I didn't listen, i never listened. I misinterpreted many things of our relationship, or i either deluded myself into seeing it as what i wanted it to be, or trying to force it into what i wanted it to be. And now, i can see how wrong and evil and crazy that was.

I used to be such a nice, sweet kid, someone who apparently my dear friend and many other people in HC enjoyed talking with. Someone she seemed to like hanging around with. Someone who she said she could often have intelligent and thoughtful conversations with, the kind of guy you can sit down and just talk about interesting stuff with.

I thought i left that evil behind me, but i didn't, not completely. I want to change, i am going to change. It's time to put an end to all this drama, madness and rage. I want to be that nice kid again. Of course you can't return to the past or be the exact same person you used to be, but i think it would be someone more mature than that kid. I want to recover my self, i want to be kind again.

Starting tomorrow, i am going to look into anger management techniques, and into some sorts of therapy. I have seen and learned so many things since May, and now i'm going to take the first step, i am going to change.

I just wish that all the people that i treated so poorly would be here to see this, i just wish the admin (the person who i demonized so much in my avoidance of responsibility) would be here to see this. I just wish that my dear friend and my best friend were here to see this.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:57 am

I wish you luck Dream, but some of this (the admin stuff in particular) comes as a surprise.

Anyway, I hope this is really a case of you taking responsibility for the bad things you've done and not just you blaming yourself for everything, even the things you really aren't to blame for.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

Tribblepoo
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Tribblepoo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:01 am

Well Dream, I must say that you have taken an incredibly important step in the process colloquially known as "growing up"...and you are taking it about five years before I got around to it.

A word of advice; if you feel you need anger management, you may want to look at seeing if you have some form of bipolar disorder. If the case is mild enough (like mine), behavioral therapy will be all that you need, no drugs involved. Then again, you may not have it and have another psych problem or nothing at all. Point is, the need for anger management may be an indicator of a more serious problem that needs addressed and you can do yourself a lot of good by looking into it.

Hopefully, you just need anger management and learn how to deal with people better. But, if you do have a psych issue, then it is best to get on it early so you know how to deal with it in your life.
"Having sex with extreme gas must be how the Scots came up with the idea for bagpipes."

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:46 pm

I wish you luck Dream, but some of this (the admin stuff in particular) comes as a surprise.

Thank you. And yeah i imagine some of it might be surprising considering some of the things i told you about it before. I suppose many times i gave a somewhat biased description or vision of all those events or situations, coupled with half-truths or certain important facts i failed to include, particularly with the banning and the staff, and some of the things regarding my relationship (using the word in the widest sense here) with my dear friend. Please understand, it's not that i tried to lie, but i was rather a bit too self-righteous and somewhat delusional, plus a lot of those things were something a bit too personal, shameful or hard to articulate for me to express them properly, well, either that or i was unwilling or unable to face the truth back then.

Well Dream, I must say that you have taken an incredibly important step in the process colloquially known as "growing up"...and you are taking it about five years before I got around to it.

Thank you, Tribblepoo. And yeah, when i see a therapist, i'll ask them if they can tell me if i have Bipolar disorder (i assume a few sessions would be necessary before they could tell me, but that's no big deal) For what it's worth, though, i've heard they have diagnosed me with Borderline personality disorder a lot of years ago, so i think it might go a bit deeper than a mild case, maybe. I've never understood Borderline. In any case, i think what has fucked me the most over was my anger, my impulsive behavior, and my inability to deal with people properly. I've never wanted to accept medication, but now, if it will help me get better, then i think i should consider it.

Vaguely on topic, someone asked me some pages ago why my dear friend blocked me. At the time i said i wasn't sure myself, but now i think i have an idea: Basically, i was going insane and getting more and more sick/evil. I suppose it must have something like what my mother experienced seeing her mother taken over by alzheimer, but with something that makes you rabid instead of just demented. Looking at some of the horrible, horrible things i said to her and the way i acted towards her, it's a bit hard not to cry. Basically i got myself into a situation (the banning) that exxacerbated my inmaturity and some of my worst traits, and turned more and more into that horrible, childish person. And as a consequence i was gradully losing the nice kid she liked talking to and considered a friend, until (some unspecified time before she had to block me) I simply completely lost that kid, and in a way, gave in to my illness. I don't remember very well, but i think some weeks before the blocking, she said she didn't really stick around because she wanted ("I don't really feel anything for you anymore" or something like that) but just because out of some concern that i might go and kill myself or something like that. Of course, there is a lot more to it than that, but that's basically it*.

I think i need to come to terms with my past, write it down somewhere and somehow. It certainly is a lot to face, and it's not exactly easy to look back on it all, but it is something that has to be done, i think.

EDIT: * Well, that and some of the other things i mentioned in the previous post (lack of respect for her or her personal space, abrasive and abusive behavior, verbal abuse, losing my shit and lashing out far more than anyone should, spewing bile even while she was remaining calm and just trying to help me, trying to pressure or force her into some things she didn't want -whether i was aware of it or not, i don't remember-, passive-aggresive behavior, etc.)
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

riffraff11235
Seed
Seed

Postby riffraff11235 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:59 pm

The anger management stuff is definitely a good choice. If you opt for psychiatric help, make sure you get a second opinion if the diagnosis is big. As Tribblepoo said, the fact that you've made this realization about yourself is already a huge achievement!
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:44 pm

Dream wrote:Please understand, it's not that i tried to lie, but i was rather a bit too self-righteous and somewhat delusional, plus a lot of those things were something a bit too personal, shameful or hard to articulate for me to express them properly, well, either that or i was unwilling or unable to face the truth back then.
Don't worry about it. I'm just glad you're dealing with the situation now.

xanderkh
Donor
Donor

Postby xanderkh » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:30 am

I'm glad that you've made such a huge revelation Dream, this is definitely going to help you in the long run. Good luck to you. :thumbsup:

On Topic: Well, I'm kind of doomed.

My parents have just discovered that I'm a Brony, and I'm betting I'm gonna get an ear-full when I come back from my clinicals tomorrow. :doh:

What am I going to do?
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

riffraff11235
Seed
Seed

Postby riffraff11235 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:34 am

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:My parents have just discovered that I'm a Brony, and I'm betting I'm gonna get an ear-full when I come back from my clinicals tomorrow. :doh:

What am I going to do?

If it doesn't interfere with anything, what reason would they have to get angry?
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

xanderkh
Donor
Donor

Postby xanderkh » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:36 am

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:If it doesn't interfere with anything, what reason would they have to get angry?

Because they want me to "Grow the Hell UP", and give up anything that seems childish or below my age.
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”