Eva 3.0 (Q) Trailers Thread (PRE-11/17 ONLY)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:25 pm

New TV spot's contents is off limits for discussing in this thread, needless to say. I really would advise the purists to stay the hell away from it, as some of the stuff in those split-second moments is precisely the sort of content you were trying to avoid.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:31 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:New TV spot's contents is off limits for discussing in this thread, needless to say. I really would advise the purists to stay the hell away from it, as some of the stuff in those split-second moments is precisely the sort of content you were trying to avoid.

Whew. Thanks for setting me straight, Reichu-sama. I was actually about to cave in and watch it! For clarity's sake I should probably just classify myself as a purist starting now....
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:23 am

The trailer's been removed now. Is it the same as this one?
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:29 am

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:The trailer's been removed now. Is it the same as this one?

It's the same trailer but I doubt that it'll last long.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Chiral_Spiral
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Chiral_Spiral » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:06 am

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:
Proceed with caution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG9vSrCHk78

I watched this video. I personally don't consider it to be spoilery since I have no idea what the hell is going on in it (it's mostly just shots of characters reacting to stuff and a few snippets of the evas), but it does amp up my excitement to see the movie even more.

I will agree with everyone else that if you want to go in completely and totally blind it's probably best to skip this.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:56 am

Chiral_Spiral wrote:I will agree with everyone else that if you want to go in completely and totally blind it's probably best to skip this.

Whoever is THAT worried about being spoiled shouldn't even have watched any of the trailers shown so far. I don't see how this tv spot could be considered spoilerous at all, but I guess some people are indeed very hardcore when it comes to watching the movie without any information whatsoever.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:22 am

Let's not clot up the thread with judgment calls, folks.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

fadadio
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby fadadio » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:23 pm

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:The trailer's been removed now. Is it the same as this one?
hmmm after seeing that I can see why spoiler purist would try to avoid it, I myself can tell things are going to get pretty emotional just by watching this. Nothing that totally blows the plot away but the action scenes it shows, shows me that shit is about to go down. I think ill heed your warnings next time to avoid seeing any further footage. until I can see the movie in all its glory
I want Rei...GIVE HER BACK

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:45 pm

Latest tv spot image breakdown is up, be wary of spoilers lads
Last edited by KnightmareX13 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:21 am

KnightmareX13, discussion for that TV Spot is in the spoiler section.
Voluntary Illusion.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:49 am

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:KnightmareX13, discussion for that TV Spot is in the spoiler section.

Then why is the trailers thread still open if all further discussions about new trailers take place elsewhere?
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:19 am

You can talk about the trailers released up to the 16th in this thread.

It's just the more recent stuff that is in the spoiler zone, by policy.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:42 am

The first 6 minutes were quite astounding. I always thought that scene would take place toward the end of the film's second act. Anno using it as an opener quite surprised me. Also, Shiro Sagisu using music from Nadia took be back aways. Nadia was the first Anno show I had ever seen. I had gotten into Anno's works because of Nadia, and for Evangelion to use that music just kinda made my brain go crazy for a couple of minutes.

(I first got into NGE thinking it'd be just like Nadia, seeing as how it's the same creative team and all. Funny how anything that resembled Nadia was withheld from me in Evnagelion all the way up until Q. Funnier to me still is how it was just parts of the music and not over-all basic narrative tones and things.)

As for the new TV spot.

I'll post this elsewhere if need be  SPOILER: Show
I literally groaned at my computer screen when the last two shots played. Why the Hell is Rei sad? God, that's the most intriguing thing in the TV spot! Sure, she felt sad in NGE, but she was never really sure about her emotions. She had them, but never knew what to do with them or how to express them. She didn't cry when she felt sad, her face never got bunched up in the middle or her eyebrows slope as they raised upward, but you could tell she was sad.

Rei in Q is handling her emotions quite differently.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:44 pm

Speaking of which, heres some Eva/Nadia musical split/screen comparison sauciness:
SPOILER: Show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYyitrFYuA&feature=g-vrec

As with anything on YT thats 3.0 related, be mindful of the potential for spoilers in the comments :)
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Due to the inevitable curiosity that will occur... An extended version of the Sakura Nagashi promo video came out today, and, as always, stay the hell away. It flashes its goods shamelessly. (Remember the "Angel of Doom" PV for 1.0? Yeah, kind of like that, only about fifty times worse.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:39 pm

Reichu wrote:Due to the inevitable curiosity that will occur... An extended version of the Sakura Nagashi promo video came out today, and, as always, stay the hell away. It flashes its goods shamelessly. (Remember the "Angel of Doom" PV for 1.0? Yeah, kind of like that, only about fifty times worse.)

Where can I find it? I've searched youtube unsuccessfully, and since I didn't mind watching the first one, depending on how extended it is, I might watch it.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:45 pm

If you're not going to stop yourself from looking at this, you might as well just join us in Q and Beyond already. The trailer basically assumes that it can spoil anything and everything. You've been warned.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kllkoh9zf8ta7oj

Go here to talk about it.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:09 pm

Reichu wrote:If you're not going to stop yourself from looking at this, you might as well just join us in Q and Beyond already. The trailer basically assumes that it can spoil anything and everything. You've been warned.

That would be a bit radical, I've watched it, and while it is true that maybe a little too much was shown, I still am blind to the plot of the movie, which is what matters the most anyways. Plus, this is official spoiler material, I don't mind being spoiled the way Anno intended. Honestly though, that wasn't much different from watching a trailer for a Hollywood movie, and I don't mind those at all.

Spoilerphobics should avoid it, the initial 12 seconds can be a bit too revealing, kinda like Asuka's slutsuit, you won't get the goods but you'll get an idea of them.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”