4th Film Info (READ OP) + Speculation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Darkwing » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:55 pm

View Original Postrobersora wrote:Ok.
I'm a little concerned.
http://www.evangelion.co.jp/final.html
no word about 2013 anymore.

I'm starting to think that it was the plans for the next movie they were talking about when they said destroying Eva. It seems like they chucked the plan of following the Original between 1.0 and 2.0. Pretty much nothing from the 3.0 trailer was actually in the movie. So honestly I wouldn't be surprised they are going to change plans compleatly again.

Alternitivly, the really didn't expect the reaction they got, and are now scrambeling around trying to decide what to do next.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

TheTuna
Adam

Postby TheTuna » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:20 pm

View Original PostDarkwing wrote:Alternitivly, the really didn't expect the reaction they got, and are now scrambeling around trying to decide what to do next.

Apparently 3.0 is so far the most successful Eva movie yet, so probably not that.

TheDrmcvey
Lilith

[SPOILER} The 4.0 trailer....

Postby TheDrmcvey » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:55 pm

Someone had brought this up earlier, but I'm now starting to think that the preview at the end of 2.0 was actually intended for the fourth movie. The fourth movie might start off by repeating the previous events that happened before the timeskip, such as Kaji's situation with the gun, Gendo and Fuyutsuki traveling to an unknown area, Misato's expression of despair, and Mari being confronted by someone. I think that they might show us these events at the beginning of the film before they fastforward to the current situation with Shinji in the desert. Anno and his staff probably thought about using these events in the third one, but then decided to hold them off for the finale.

What do you all think?
Eva Rebirth

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:58 pm

I think this needs a spoiler tag.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:03 am

You're in the way wrong forum section bro

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Darkwing » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:03 am

View Original PostTheTuna wrote:Apparently 3.0 is so far the most successful Eva movie yet, so probably not that.

Interesting. Heard an early report that said the oppisate, but really until I see the actual reports and figures, I can't be sure.

The question is how will it wrap up. Not sure if this is true, may just be a net rumor, but I heard an intersting thing about The Empire Strikes Back. When it first came out the movie was not as well liked as the first Star Wars. This was due to negative reaction to the ending. Of course now it's the best regareded of the Star Wars movies. It's felt to have the best ending. But would it be regarded so well without Return Of The Jedi following it, building from it's ending? Would it have been satisfactory if that was how the story ended, no followup?

Course the opening for 4.0 could be Shinji waking up in a hospital room. 3.0 was a dream. Then we get all the stuff from the original 3.0 trailer. It would be the ultimate troll by Anno.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:07 am

Here:
http://forum.evageeks.org/forum/rebuild_q/

Kaname Langley
Asuka's Cousin
Asuka's Cousin

Postby Kaname Langley » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:21 am

4.0 PREVIEW HAS BEEN UPLOADED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABn9SiHOulw
Only losers consider the possibility of defeat without even trying.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:22 am

It's still sound only though. and lower-quality sound at that
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:23 am

View Original PostKaname Langley wrote:4.0 PREVIEW HAS BEEN UPLOADED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABn9SiHOulw

What a tease. (Just text and audio.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:25 am

this just in but Eva's preview music is the best preview music of all time

OF ALL TIME

now what the fuck are they singing though?

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:19 am

View Original PostXard wrote:now what the fuck are they singing though?

As anticipated, it appears to be the choral version of 'Next Episode' that appeared in one of the TV spots prior to the 17th.
Voluntary Illusion.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:20 am

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:As anticipated, it appears to be the choral version of 'Next Episode' that appeared in one of the TV spots prior to the 17th.

Yeah but I'm thinking about lyrics

TheTuna
Adam

Postby TheTuna » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:53 am

Did we receive explicit confirmation that Kaji had died prior to the events of 3.0?

Unless we were outright told he's dead, I remain very suspicious that he and Rei-II still have a role to play in the story in 4.0. A prominent character whose absence is not addressed is likely absent for a reason.

SenorSquiid
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby SenorSquiid » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:37 am

Eva 4.0 should be a sitcom where Shinji is a fat schlub married to a hot redhead, and keeps accidentally causing the apocalypse. He could have a catchphrase. Laughtrack.

4.0 should just be an iphone recording of Anno watching family guy and waving aorund little paperboard cutouts of robots over the screen once in a while.

4.0 should just be a mislabeled reel from terror of mecha-godzilla that smells like basil and foot-gunk.

4.0 is actually going to be MacOS 11
fnord

---
I will never stop trashing Magma Diver.
Ever.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:21 am

FINAL's 2013 release date is off the website so I'm gonna pull a Shinji and take a 14 year nap. When I wake 4.0 should be a month from release.

os189
Lilith

Postby os189 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:34 am

Well, I for one will not be surprised one bit at another three-year plus wait til the next movie. Seems par for the course.

Wirru
Embryo

Postby Wirru » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:26 am

Hmmmm so:

- EVA Unit 8+2 is actually pronounced "8 plus 2"
- The double barline does not get pronounced...
When there is a Wirru, There is a Way.

IDontWantNoScrub
Lilith

Postby IDontWantNoScrub » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:17 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:FINAL's 2013 release date is off the website so I'm gonna pull a Shinji and take a 14 year nap. When I wake 4.0 should be a month from release.

Uh-oh. I was really hoping they actually meant it when they announced 2012 & 2013 for Q & Final.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”